Ventus Tatshima

[Xrd] Elphelt Gameplay Discussion "The True Best Girl"

,but you're way out of line

Really curious to see if how her rifle ties into the rest of her play. berry Oki but Aim the rifle at a point they could escape to? She does look like a ton of fun :D That black purple alt though :3

Yea she looks pretty cool. Can't wait for a gameplay breakdown in english, but more so than that I can't wait to see high level play featuring her so we can get an idea how some of these tools would play out in a real match.

Hmm...thought there was another Elphet thread here. Anyways, here's a round up of all the game play footage of her so far.

http://youtu.be/tg8iDwKqqsk - Demo walk through of Sin and Elphet

http://youtu.be/eiuUE1smi34 - Sin vs Elphet at TGS2014

http://youtu.be/SS2QKB2ltzw - Sin vs Elphet at TGS2014

Special Move Info:

• Pineberry – 236P (air ok), Elphelt pulls the pin on a grenade when she hits P. She can then throw it in one of two ways depending on her input. Once the pin is pulled, a timer counts down to zero, upon which the grenade explodes. Be careful, as you can damage yourself this way.
    • Throw Above – 4P
    • Throw Under – 2P
  • Shotgun Stance – 236HS, readies Miss Travailer. Elphelt switches to her shotgun. Hitting opponents will wall splat them, allowing her to approach.
    • Shove – P (while in Shotgun Stance).
    • Roll – K (while in Shotgun Stance).
    • Kuzusu – 8P (while in Shotgun Stance).
    • Shoot – HS (while in Shotgun Stance).
  • Rifle Stance – 236S, readies Miss Confire. Elphelt brings out her her sniper rifle to shoot anywhere on screen. The power of her shot increases the longer the crosshairs stay on her opponent.
    • Shoot – P, K, S, or HS (while in Rifle Stance).
  • Bridal Express – 214K (air ok)
  • Judge Better Half – 236236P
  • ? - ? - Her second super where she fires from her rocket launcher. Hits 6 times.

Things I noticed from the TGS early match footage and demo walk through:

• Once pineberry is out, the explosion will not hurt Elphet at all. It seems like it would be good for pressure, oki, and neutral game when backed by her sniper rifle. 
  • Not sure if she can toss pineberry in the air. She can pull the pin in the air but it doesn't look like she can toss it while in the air. 
  • Pineberry has a hit box until it lands on the ground but doesn't explode until the timer turns to 0. Should be really interesting how people utilize this move in set ups and neutral by 'cooking' the grenade.
  • Has a normal where she shoots a pistol. If you keep mashing on the button she continues to fire for up to 5 hits. It's special and super cancel-able on block/hit and looks like you can stagger the shots. The hitbox is a set distance away from Elphet so it'll whiff at close ranges and on crouching.
  • Forward throw causes a stagger state like Slayers command grab. Might have interesting follow ups if you can RC it. 
  • 2D xx 236236P does not trigger the full animation. 
  • She can't jump while in Shotgun Stance if I heard the developers correctly during the walk through demo.
  • Her Shotgun Stance actions can be used multiple times until you shoot, then it automatically takes her out of the stance.
  • Looks like you can chain her Shotgun Stance actions together.
  • Her roll looks like it has strike invincibility on it and it will go through opponents so she can do left/right mix ups.
  • What I'm assuming is Kusuzu from shotgun stance causes a stagger on hit. 
  • Looks like Shoot from Shotgun Stance is on button release not on button press. If you hold down HS she'll get into an aiming stance and on release will fire the Shotgun. On hit it'll cause a wall stick if you're close to the corner. The charged version might be a level 5 or 6 attack based on the sound effect of it on block so might be at massive frame advantage after wards. 
  • Non-charged Shoot from Shotgun Stance causes a knockdown and you can combo off of it. 
  • Shove from Shotgun Stance causes a wall stick on hit if you're close to the corner.
  • Has a currently unlisted super where she fires a shot from her Rocket Launcher that hits 6 times and causes brief untechable time. Not sure if you can combo off of it without an RC or if you can YRC it.
  • Bridal Express causes a knockdown on hit and you can combo off of it.

I'm wondering if her 5K hits low, pineberry toss is air ok, and any practical YRC uses with Pineberry toss, and Sniper shots. Character looks interesting but not sure about her tool set. Was hoping for some better zoning tools and trap placements with grenades like MvC2 Cable. I'm interested in how useful Sniper Stance will be in neutral. The damage output on it looks low and it seems risky to use unless full screen away but it's nowhere near as threatening as say Axl's stance change special. She seems kind of incomplete to me but we'll see what people discover with her.

The bazooka super is in the movelist, it's called Genoise. 

Yeah, the play looked pretty solid, though I expect grenade oki will be a big thing for her once it's figured out. Still, though, shotgun looks really oppressive in the corner and rifle seems more useful than the impression I had of it before. Pistol looks really nice given its speed and range, so it potentially being susceptible to low profile makes a lot of sense to me. Definitely excited to learn more about her.

She looks so damn fun so far, I mean who doesn't like a pink haired girl in a wedding dress who uses champagne bottles, strawberries, rose bouquets and wedding cakes as attacks lol

her manual aiming is definitely interesting, but it looks like it needs precise readings to be effective, so excited to try her out

So there´s already a pic of her getting kanchoed:

kanchou.jpg

Mr. Sr. Dr. Faust took her beta-wizard-waifu powers away from her for good!:( :0

From the match with Sol, I've noticed that the pinberry wallbounces (unless I misinterpreted). Not sure if there would be any practical use from that ( I imagine it could catch people off guard) but I see a lot of interesting potential in that move, both for okizemes or mix-ups.

The wedding cake super also looks it might be a decent reversal. Dunno if it would be possible to combo off it though.

Of all the new characters, she sure is the one I find most interesting. Now if only I knew when the game comes out in NA lol

I don't think she can become a bride after that one.

Also, it reminds me of one of those cliche shoujo manga faces.

I don't think she can become a bride after that one.

Also, it reminds me of one of those cliche shoujo manga faces.

She's literally a waifu, not even a Kancho can stop her from fulfilling her dreams!

I imagine Grenade > YRC > Filler > Wall Splat for grenade oki will be within the realm of possibility, with the ability to roll through to make it a crossup. I'd love to see something like that explored this weekend.

Found another video. Take note of 3:15 where Shotgun Blast > Shotgun Blast did about 40% to Sin. It's black beat, but an RC or CH might make that a valid combo.

Are there any examples of her pistol whiffing on a point blank, standing opponent? I knew it whiffs on crouchers but I don't think I've seen the former.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Are there any examples of her pistol whiffing on a point blank, standing opponent? I knew it whiffs on crouchers but I don't think I've seen the former.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

It's in one of the 2 match vids I linked previously. I suspect the hit box is a set distance away from Elfet so there's this gap in between. It's definitely not block string material. 

Based on the videos so far, would it be safe to say Elphelt is predominatly a zoning character? I only ask this because I'm fairly new to Guilty Gear and want to get accustomed to whoever compliments her best in +R.

Her tools seem to suggest zoning, but I'm getting the impression she will be a little bit of that and pressure oriented. Her neutral game seems like it is going to be very powerful with that shotgun and other tools.

There's a popular opinion that says that GG doesn't have pure zoners, since all of them want to get in sooner or later (be it Dizzy, Faust or Axl). Elphelt seems to fit that image of zoning in that she's flexible enough to fight from any distance.