Ventus Tatshima

[Xrd] Elphelt Gameplay Discussion "The True Best Girl"

Her tools seem to suggest zoning, but I'm getting the impression she will be a little bit of that and pressure oriented. Her neutral game seems like it is going to be very powerful with that shotgun and other tools.

There's a popular opinion that says that GG doesn't have pure zoners, since all of them want to get in sooner or later (be it Dizzy, Faust or Axl). Elphelt seems to fit that image of zoning in that she's flexible enough to fight from any distance.

Thanks for those quick replies. Cleared up my thoughts on who to main back in +R.

So looking forward to seeing Elphelt's oki game. The Pineberry alone looks like it has so much utility. Set up right it could be extremely diffucult to deal with, even in neutral.

I definitely think her zoning game is really only there to deal with people when they're at a distance because it looks her real goal is to get in with shotgun and cause some damage. I love to see that Rifle can be converted from full screen with an RC as well. Hahaha...

Does she have any standing overheads? I don't really see too many options for pineberry oki to be dangerous for the opponent but we don't have the full picture with this character. If 5K hits low then I can see some throw bait potential with it. Also, Shotgun command grab might be the other option with pineberry oki. 

http://youtu.be/iF-wP7DvzMw?t=3m40s

Pause at 3:45. Correct me if I'm wrong; It looks like Elphelt starts that 3-beat combo with 5K while Sin's standing. With no warning sign for blocking incorrectly. Still looking for that standing overhead. Would be helpful if the opponent keeps crouch-blocking pineberries, assuming the explosion can be blocked high or low.

Does she have any standing overheads? I don't really see too many options for pineberry oki to be dangerous for the opponent but we don't have the full picture with this character. If 5K hits low then I can see some throw bait potential with it. Also, Shotgun command grab might be the other option with pineberry oki.

Air-To-Ground high/low mixups look pretty doable with them. Also yes, put out the grenade with some time left on it, command throw them before it explodes or do a low. Keep in mind she can toss the grenade in the air, so it should be pretty easy to do something like knockdown -> pull pin -> jump up -> toss grenade down -> come down into A2G mixup.

Does her dive attack hit high? If it does and the recovery isn't too bad, you could use it like Axl used his AC downward bomber for mixups, which would be very sick. Actually the recovery doesn't even neccesarily matter, if you toss out the grenade then maybe do TK Dive, even if it's negative on block the grenade keeps them in check on guard or hit.

Likewise does the ground version count as off the ground? Because you could maybe use it like Milia's haircar if it does.

Edit: Just checked, Bridal Express ground version cancels on the ground so no haircar.

Also, she has an air normal that spikes, should be really easy to setup mixups with the grenade off of that. I wouldn't be surprised if you could do something like, combo starter -> RC -> pull pin -> combo into air combo into spike -> throw grenade -> come down with A2G mixup as the grenade explodes on their wakeup.

Are there images/videos of her alternate colors? The black and orange thing ramlethal has would surely look awesome on her too imo.

Gotta get a holiday job to have enough money for a ps4 after I´ve bought a new pc.

Is her 5D not an overhead, or people just want to have something other than that?

Can El block with the shotgun out, again? With that ridiculous start-up and throw/roll mix-ups, the shotgun is pretty much the "going full offensive" stance, so it'd make sense for it to have poor defense.

Not sure if she can block with the Shotgun out but she can't jump based on what Pachi said during the walk through demo. 

Air-To-Ground high/low mixups look pretty doable with them. Also yes, put out the grenade with some time left on it, command throw them before it explodes or do a low. Keep in mind she can toss the grenade in the air, so it should be pretty easy to do something like knockdown -> pull pin -> jump up -> toss grenade down -> come down into A2G mixup.

Also, she has an air normal that spikes, should be really easy to setup mixups with the grenade off of that. I wouldn't be surprised if you could do something like, combo starter -> RC -> pull pin -> combo into air combo into spike -> throw grenade -> come down with A2G mixup as the grenade explodes on their wakeup.

The grenade pull pin also momentarily stops you in the air and then continues the momentum. I wonder if you can do something like j.N xx pin pull, j.N, throw grenade for a double overhead scenario. Might be too slow to be effective and carrying the momentum might not give you instant overhead options. 

Not sure if she can block with the Shotgun out but she can't jump based on what Pachi said during the walk through demo. 

The grenade pull pin also momentarily stops you in the air and then continues the momentum. I wonder if you can do something like j.N xx pin pull, j.N, throw grenade for a double overhead scenario. Might be too slow to be effective and carrying the momentum might not give you instant overhead options.

If nothing else, I bet she could do that on tall characters or as a fuzzy guard break on the way up from a jump.

I wonder if it's fast enough to do something like, j.N RC, Pull Pin, j.N ... as a solid combo. Could be a Potemkin/Raml only trick maybe.

I guess I don't have the correct language pack installed because I'm only seeing weird looking symbols.  Can someone post the attack level of the shotgun, how much recovery it has, and how long the reload animation is?  Seems like it would be really important to know given that the thing has instant startup.  Sweet merciful crap that sounds scary.

Also, I think someone mentioned that she fires her shotgun and rifle on the release of the button, and readies when pressing it, so that's important to consider too.  It might take a minimum of X frames to "ready".  Also, she might be able to block when holding the shotgun, but maybe not with it readied.

I ran the .txt file though this encoder/decoder. I couldn't make out much. Expect the listing of a few command normals. Notably 6P, 6HS, 3K, and j.6HS.

Edit: Of course I could of avoided all that if Firefox didn't blantenly hide the character encoding option.