Ventus Tatshima

[Xrd] Elphelt Gameplay Discussion "The True Best Girl"

And c.S is the AA to go to.

c.S being an AA is going to be the best. #ChampagneNormals

Is it a 6P like testament's where you still can use for AA?

From what I saw in the basic combo video, probably not. Because it's an overhead, the startup is slow. Also, the hitbox doesn't feel like it has enough vertical and horizontal reach to work as an AA without having upper body invincibility.

Perfect reload requires you to press 6 and S in the 46S command at exactly the same time. If you do so, the reload takes a grand total of 2 (two) frames, allowing you to act much faster afterwards. Though because it's not instant, it might take some time getting used to, as you can't actually perform any other actions right away.

Thanks for clarifying SoWL. Wuv you! ^,^

2 Frames?! Sweet zombie jesus. That's pretty neat. It'll be worth mastering. I don't quite understand how the input works but I think I sort of get it since the wiki mentions doing 466

Shouldnt we mention that 6P is a overhead?  Its says that in the gamer wiki (when using translator, something something midlevel attack)

It says it's a mid attack, which is how the Japanese refer to overheads.

Anyway, to add some additional info from the wiki:

Rifle shot is air unblockable

Unlike the rifle stance, shotgun stance allows Elphelt to utilize any movement option except jumping

While in shotgun stance, crouching will undo the strengthened shot, but the P and S follow-ups will not

The shotgun stance's K follow-up (the roll/somersault) has startup invincibility, and the S attack has upper body invincibility

Both the P and S attacks in shotgun stance can cancel into 236H to undo the stance

236236D has startup invuln, but short reach

Apparently, Elphelt is now available through the in-game store if you preordered the JP version. Go Elphelt players! Bring me back all the juicy details and Day 1 combos/tech!

Just downloaded elphet, seems like you can do four full charge shotgun shots if close enough to the opponent in the corner? Good damage, mabe possible after shotgun>d.

of note is that grenade explosion seems to be her only meterless launcher into air combo, grenade might end up being her most valuable move?

Done with the other threads though, I'll work more on the combo thread later. Doesn't quite fit my taste.

Also, Ventus, please edit the first post with the gameplay header.
Sanger, please add the video header too. Will have also to think of a proper template for the video thread. Though, it's not necessarily a priority at the moment.

Any combos that have mid stance change in them been discovered?

There's one or two in challenge mode in the corner. Most of her mix up (at least as it has revealed itself thus far) will come from the shotgun. Pretty standard (but high damage) command grab mix up with D, but it does lose to fuzzy jump, and the roll will not cross up in the corner.

From first impressions, it seems like becoming a technical wizard with the grenades and building a really solid internal clock with them is what's going to take Elphelt players far.

Also YRC does NOT allow you to keep the same cursor speed with Confire, but it does automatically place the cursor on your opponent which is dumb.

Yeah, just noticed too that SG roll doesnt cross up on stand or crouch in the corner  :thumbd:  (someone probably bitched about it that it might be too powerful? lol) 

jH is much better at Knockdown then jD. Also, dont do too many hits or they can still Air Tech. Height, amount of hits are all factors.

Where should be put little infos like this in? IMO stuff gets lost, forgotten easily in all round discussion threads. Should have a compilation of all the little things.

That's what the combo theory in the combo thread is here for. Also, other tidbits will obviously get added later in the wiki when we will work on the hardest part: The character guide.

If this thread is getting too big and we can't handle the guide yet, I'll simply take every techs found and add them in one of the extra post in the combo thread to be used later.

So yeah, no need to worry about that.

I am having trouble getting reload to work during her shotgun stance. Does anyone know how long you have after the shot to input the move?

You can do it almost immediately after shooting, the Rifle reload has a stricter timing.

Played Elphelt a good bit last night.

She feels fairly honest for the most part. Her move set seems to be strong full screen between Rifle and Berries, and close range definitely looks to have enough to do the thing and get the damage, between 6P, 5D, and SG5D at her disposal to keep them paying attention.

Did not get much of any mileage out of Rifle day 1. Will need to mess with it more.

Got a TON of mileage out of Berries. Fast to call, good angles, hits on delivery, explosion, it's all great.

Her midrange game is very tricky. 6H being special cancellable is awesome - was doing a lot of cautious 6H xx Berry, will have to use more sparingly as people get used to the 6H startup, reminds me a lot of classic May 6H, might even be faster.

j.H is awesome, gonna be using a lot of that guy. 2S knee jerk reaction felt underwhelming, wish it was JCable. 2HS is funny good. 5D has less range than it initially looks, but 2H will move you into 5D range. 2H xx Sg.P looked uninterruptable, will test to see if Sol can't squeeze a VV in there.

On that note, Sg Stance looks to be something we can get a lot of mileage out of. Was a lot easier to incorporate into my game than Rifle.

TK Bridal Express whiffs if low enough to the ground ala Venom's Mad Struggle, too bad it doesn't count as overhead.

Is there a list of optimal combos? Or is everyone playing it by ear/sticking to challenge mode combos?

Is there a list of optimal combos? Or is everyone playing it by ear/sticking to challenge mode combos?

There isn't one sadly hence why I check everyday whether an Elphelt CMV was released or not.

So far, the new routes I saw being worked on by japanese players in streams were:

-Shotgun corner loop

-hitconfirm into>max range 214K>dash 2P/fS>air combo

-Corner jD relaunches. As in jH>jD>dash 5K/2P>cS>air combo

Gif'd part of Elphelt's Ik, boobies!!

vi6hzw4.gif

Also peep the detail of her gun.

9AKluse.png

You're certainly the best waifubro by far.

Also, what kind of notations should we use for shotgun stance combos ? Calling them by their name "Thrust", "Launcher", etc might be quite confusing for people trying to learn her.

Also adding 236H~P/S/H might make them way too long.

What do you think if we rather go with the notation SG X to indicate shotgun stance normals ? For example, Thrust would become SG P.

I feel SG-P would be better as putting spaces in-between the letters could easily result in confusion of inputs.

SG-P rather than SG P looks like one input rather than two to me