Ventus Tatshima

[Xrd] Elphelt Gameplay Discussion "The True Best Girl"

This character is awesome!  Im maining her until Jam comes out.  If that ever happens lol.  

When people start recognizing 6P you can mix them up with 6P YRC 5K seems like it'll be pretty legit.  

Do shotgun loops require you to do a perfect reload? Maybe only the powered shot loops? I haven't been able to do a perfect reload yet in the short amount of practice time I've had, are they hard to be consistent with? My execution isn't too amazing. Sorry I'd check videos for the answer but I can't access youtube right now :(

Only the rifle has a perfect reload, I believe. It doesn't seem that the shotgun has any way to reload faster.

Someone I know said that cS hitbox was a joke made by a player. Not sure if it was posted as a joke here or not, but it confused me for a bit.

The tweet that posted it joked about how big it is and to be certain, I tested it in training mode once more to see if that was the case and it is. Like I mentionned before, it hits every character at the top of their jump except Chipp and it got a hitbox behind her.

So you can consider it to be particularly accurate. Though, technically, the vertical hitbox is actually bigger because the one currently drawn wouldn't be able to hit characters at the top of their height. Also, the original picture shows the end of the active frames. When the "pop" is actually fading, not the start of the animation where the pop reaches quite high.

I would suggest you to try it out in training mode and check it by yourself if you have troubles believing it.

Elphelt seems super strong and *rather easy to play*. I really gotta pick her up over using characters like Bedman that are *rather awkward to play* as a beginner Guilty Gear player.

Edited by Magaki: Watch your tongue. While sharing and voicing your opinion is a good thing, deliberately using such words concerning a character in his own subforum can be considered to be pure flamebait.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend that you just didn't think twice before posting.

If you do that again however, I'll delete your post and give you a warning.

*Part removed*

And yeah her champagne normal is bonkers, I first realized that when it hit every low profiling move after I already was aware it works as an AA.

Edited by Magaki: Nothing wrong with what you said and I actually agree with it. However, I would prefer to edit your post and prevent any drama happening rather than letting a pointless debate that will bring nothing good continue further.

Does anyone have any video of a perfect rifle reload? I don't even know what it looks like and I can't figure out the timing.

Its just an extra animation. Looks like she twirls, spins the Rifle, then starts to re-aim it. No perfect Reload = you leave the Stance.

Moderation seems awful in this site.

Can't discuss tier list in general thread or it gets threats of getting closed. Can't debate because it might cause drama. lul.

Its just an extra animation. Looks like she twirls, spins the Rifle, then starts to re-aim it. No perfect Reload = you leave the Stance.

Actually, I found out this is not the case. That's a normal reload, a perfect reload has no twirling animation AT ALL so yeah it's definitely much faster

Also are we SURE that you have to wait a bit before doing 46+S to get a perfect reload? I feel like as long as I timed the 6 and S together perfectly I've gotten one even immediately after firing. In any case it's definitely not easy to get consistently

Edit: I'm an idiot, I was just training on May, so the reason is now blindingly obvious to me not that I'm practicing against a Sol dummy.

So Elphelt is far from my main, but is there a reason I SHOULDN'T be just doing one hit into 2D confirms? The full air combo into oki setup seems so powerful.

So what is the reason to actually hitconfirm with close S far S which seems to get very poor payout unless they crouch when I could just confirm with sweep and get a full combo guaranteed on hit or jump cancel on block?

You don't get air combos from sweep on all characters.

Can you remind me again which characters it works on other than Faust?

I just did a massive amount of training mode to confirm my pinberry combo is essentially universal, so I have no energy left to go through the cast again.

Moderation seems awful in this site.

Can't discuss tier list in general thread or it gets threats of getting closed. Can't debate because it might cause drama. lul.

Actually, the *xxxxx* part is what I directly edited and changed.

Like I wrote in the Elphelt General thread, I'm fine with debates and I actually encourage them.

However, I see no point in a random sentence written in a taunting manner but because I didn't know whether he did it on purpose or not, I simply decided to change the wordings and give him the benefit of the doubt.

If I truly didn't want any kind of debate, I would have simply deleted it and sent a warning.

Now, if you actually have constructive criticism and advices to give regarding the way I handle this forum instead of "I have no clue what the original post was nor the context but I'll go and complain anyway", I would be delighted to talk about it in PM.

That being said, I now consider this matter to be over. If you want to talk about it more, do it in PMs.

Actually, I found out this is not the case. That's a normal reload, a perfect reload has no twirling animation AT ALL so yeah it's definitely much faster

Also are we SURE that you have to wait a bit before doing 46+S to get a perfect reload? I feel like as long as I timed the 6 and S together perfectly I've gotten one even immediately after firing. In any case it's definitely not easy to get consistently

No, you don't have to. The rifle stance description in the wiki were the notes that were translated by Hiago right when the game was released so they are quite old and contain a few mistakes.

Kedako's frame data doesn't seem to mention anything about a specific delay where inputting perfect reload won't work. To be more accurate, the window for reloading has to be done during the 19th~32nd frame after shooting.

If you compare with shotgun reload, it has to be done during the 14th~25th frame for a normal shot and 12th~23rd frame for a powered one.

Can you remind me again which characters it works on other than Faust?

I just did a massive amount of training mode to confirm my pinberry combo is essentially universal, so I have no energy left to go through the cast again.

Faust, Millia, Potemkin, May and Chipp only.

Does anyone have any video of a perfect rifle reload? I don't even know what it looks like and I can't figure out the timing.

Messed around it a little more. So normal Reload is twirling the rifle. Perfect reload does a very short animation. Kinda looks like she lowers the rifle a little b4 aiming the rifle again. Much faster then normal reload. No special FX or anything when you do it.

Oh I see, so he just mistimed the BS.

Well, even if you BS the shot instead, you still have to block the grenade explosion so she would still be at the advantage, but yeah at least you wouldn't get hit that way.

Well, even if you BS the shot instead, you still have to block the grenade explosion so she would still be at the advantage, but yeah at least you wouldn't get hit 

BS has recovery you cant block the explosion. Also berry into the shot was a true blockstring even jd from my testing.

BS has recovery you cant block the explosion. Also berry into the shot was a true blockstring even jd from my testing.

actually, successful blitz has no vulnerable recovery (on projectile activation, there is about 20f of invuln, so youre hitting similar numbers with level 1 grenade hit blockstun + hitstop). ideally, you shoot them post blitz recovery regardless thanks to unblockable shot. but! you can blitz the unblockable too, or blitz the initial grenade, backdash the shot, and block (backdashes in this game are like 13f total duration? if the shot > explosion isnt very tight, they can backdash and block the explosion. But, this is all very tight timing, and assumes you commit to shooting while they are in anticipated blockstun)

Edited by not_lunaris

actually, successful blitz has no vulnerable recovery (on projectile activation, there is about 20f of invuln, so youre hitting similar numbers with level 1 grenade hit blockstun + hitstop). ideally, you shoot them post blitz recovery regardless thanks to unblockable shot. but! you can blitz the unblockable too, or blitz the initial grenade, backdash the shot, and block (backdashes in this game are like 13f total duration? if the shot > explosion isnt very tight, they can backdash and block the explosion. But, this is all very tight timing, and assumes you commit to shooting while they are in anticipated blockstun)

Hm if blitz has no vulnerable recovery only way out is to blitz grenade and backdash the shot. All very tight and assuming they know when you shoot.