Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

What to do with Dragon Install

Dragon Install is wasted if you don't violently run into a Faust bomb and die from it.

DRAGON INSTAAAAAAALL RUN RUN RUN "SLASH!"

LMAO I saw someone do that! :vbang:

I've been meaning to ask this for some time now, but seeing as it doesn't come up that often, I never got around to it.

I know there are moments when Dragon Install itself is useful, due to invincibility frames and whatnot, but the question is, what next?

From what I gathered:

Sweeps kill DI

Tension Gain is good.

You risk negative Penalty when time runs out and there's Counterhit status among other things.

I don't really want to think of it as a desperation attack though, because in previous games it didn't act that way, and it was a pretty good way of psyching out the opponent, putting a little fear into them.

So what do you guys suggest?

Dont use it it could be stopped right away and then all that tension for nothing and you risk getting ik

I use Dragon Install for a last resort it's a good move only if performed correctly.

isnt this the 2 billionth time someone has posted this?

and still, for 1/2 tension, there are just better things to do.

Dragon Install is great to use @ low health....it's a last resort Which Sol thread is the main SOL thread where I can see some of you guys matches and where I can post my matches and good stuff!

Dragon Install is great to use @ low health....it's a last resort

No it's not. Dragon Install is a really bad idea for the most part. This isn't like X where you had straight infinites in DI mode, they have toned this shit down over the years and it wasn't even that good of an idea back then. You get way more damage using that meter intelligently and waiting for a mistake. If you DI then all someone has to do is wait you out or knock you down once. After you leave DI you not only lose all of your meter but your ability to gain meter is cut badly and you can be dizzied in one hard hit.

Which Sol thread is the main SOL thread where I can see some of you guys matches and where I can post my matches and good stuff!

Read around a little, we have a general discussion thread. If you want to post up matches you can do it either in the Guilty Pleasures forum or you can start a thread for posting matches here in the Sol forum.

If you're messing around with pokes, that generally means you have time to waste. Pretty sure nobody would have a problem with waiting around for your DI to run out.

if it werent for the really bad side effects after DI wearing off, and ur tension gain going to nil, DI can be pretty scary. what's wrong with messin around with pokes in DI? 6H comes out in 8 frames, 5H comes out in 6 frames, and everything else turns really ridiculous, not to mention u get positive frames off of everything. if people just sit there and wait, they get thrown.

Ah, by poking I thought he meant zoning. By all means throw out beefy attacks like crazy. It's best to get them scared as hell and turtle then wild throw. Just because 2k is fast doesn't really make it a legitimate strategy vs Anji.

so if its fast and beats out good moves that another char uses, it doesnt necessarily make using it a good strategy? i m a lil lost. and don't u use pokes to control space, or zone?

That's what I use pokes for. Anyway I believe the only thing that would ever make Dragon Install worth anything is if DI was like MAX mode from KOF 02 combined with Yun's Genejin. High Priority normals, can be comboed into, and timer increases when attacking.

I think the real questions is, " What to do when you accidentally mash into DI?" I tend to do that a lot. Yes, I'm a masher ;( But, to turn a rough situation around you just spam and go CRAAAAZY! No, but seriously, best string would be c.s-2D-BR-repeat until you get him the corner and just mix it up with some Triple air slashes and then catch him... etc.

I normaly bust out with the secret DI that gives it to you whole round ;D For the leet ownage!

How you're able to actually do this is beyond me, since the thing takes five years to start up. o_0