Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

What to do with Dragon Install

Sometimes when Im in a match I like to do a grandviper against faust while theres a mini faust behind him.. has to be quite some distance. Get the clean hit and make sure the mini faust hits you right when you do a clean hit. Then you should be safe enough to pull the S DI out. Perfect SUPER DI setup.

If I were the opponent I'd just let them do the full meter DI because by the time they can even hit you they've lost half their health. :psyduck:

Just how practical is the invulnerability of DI transformation and how long does it last?

At about 2:15 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgxmyP6sKM) is a nice "practical" use of DI invincibility. :eng101: Blatantly obvious throw attempt FTL.

As can be found in this wonderful link (http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/sol.html) frames 1-18 is invincibility, so I'd assume you can use it for wakeup invincibility like in the video posted above. Or you could just VV.

I personally find it to be extremely rarely practical. I think every move has it's use, but that doesn't mean it should be used. It also says it's invincible to strikes from 19-21. I have yet to see the invincibility used in a serious match.

Also, Schank! Read your PMs! You live in Jersey. :O Should post up on the NJ thread in the match finder forum.

its decent to use if you can get yourself away or have the kd'ed before it ends most of the time when they see you use dragon install they are very cautious and it can give you free wildthrows sometimes or free VV if they think they can just sweepkick you otherwise there is better ways to use 50% tension i guess

DI was always useless in every GG game why I remember the first Guilty Gear game Sol's DI was so CRAPTASTIC that the start up was sooooo long it was exactly like Super DI's start up oh thats not the worse part though after DI wears off I think your dizzied for 7 -10 seconds just enough time for Mr' CPU to cheat you out of victory with there IK. the only redeeming part of the original DI was the LVL 3 VV that did alot of damage even when you didn't get all the hits in. But with the AC DI there really is no redeeming quality sure its got an invincible start up, Full Tension, makes Sol's attacks 5 or 10 times stronger, make him fast. But his defense is so weak without proper defense the rest of his powers are useless and when knocked down DI goes Bye Bye as well as your chances of winning. DI Sol BadGuy basically = GGXX Slash Chipp Zanuff. Note: it wasn't bad it #Reload it was quite good actually. In Slash it pulled off a 180 and became unusable.

DI was always useless in every GG game why I remember the first Guilty Gear game Sol's DI was so CRAPTASTIC that the start up was sooooo long it was exactly like Super DI's start up oh thats not the worse part though after DI wears off I think your dizzied for 7 -10 seconds just enough time for Mr' CPU to cheat you out of victory with there IK. the only redeeming part of the original DI was the LVL 3 VV that did alot of damage even when you didn't get all the hits in. But with the AC DI there really is no redeeming quality sure its got an invincible start up, Full Tension, makes Sol's attacks 5 or 10 times stronger, make him fast. But his defense is so weak without proper defense the rest of his powers are useless and when knocked down DI goes Bye Bye as well as your chances of winning. DI Sol BadGuy basically = GGXX Slash Chipp Zanuff. Note: it wasn't bad it #Reload it was quite good actually. In Slash it pulled off a 180 and became unusable. DRAAGOOON IIINSTAULLLL!

I personally find it to be extremely rarely practical. I think every move has it's use, but that doesn't mean it should be used. It also says it's invincible to strikes from 19-21. I have yet to see the invincibility used in a serious match.

Also, Schank! Read your PMs! You live in Jersey. :O Should post up on the NJ thread in the match finder forum.

Obviously it's not much of a serious match if you've decided that DI is the best way to dodge something (RC VV is pretty much always a better option), but I've used DI invincibility to avoid all sorts of silly shit in matches, including Zappa's super as shown in the vid posted earlier.

Also, mid-combo DI activations are hotasfuck, even if there are better tension uses.

its decent to use if you can get yourself away or have the kd'ed before it ends

most of the time when they see you use dragon install they are very cautious and it can give you free wildthrows sometimes

or free VV if they think they can just sweepkick you

otherwise there is better ways to use 50% tension i guess

the fact that after sol is in DI mode, sol has his tension reduced to 0, ends in negative penalty state, has his tension gain lowered, takes extra dizzy damage, and receives a lower dizzy rating makes using DI mode pretty moot.

if you really don't have any health left, and the other person has no health either, and there are less the 10 seconds left in the round, and you can control DI sol. then maybe (just maybe) DI might be helpful.

DI would honestly be fine if it werent for all of the crap that happens after.

the fact that after sol is in DI mode, sol has his tension reduced to 0, ends in negative penalty state, has his tension gain lowered, takes extra dizzy damage, and receives a lower dizzy rating makes using DI mode pretty moot.

if you really don't have any health left, and the other person has no health either, and there are less the 10 seconds left in the round, and you can control DI sol. then maybe (just maybe) DI might be helpful.

DI would honestly be fine if it werent for all of the crap that happens after.

pretty much yeah thats the only situation i would consider wasting 50%

DI is actually a viable option in #reload. Typically only a last resort, but it works for making an enemy turtle up. Plus, BR/GF/VV do a little more chip damage than before. Hell, spamming DI GF isn't exactly a bad thing. In AC? Bloody useless. One knockdown and it's gone, whoop, there went all your tension for a whole two seconds of super saiyan glory!

DI is actually a viable option in #reload. Typically only a last resort, but it works for making an enemy turtle up. Plus, BR/GF/VV do a little more chip damage than before. Hell, spamming DI GF isn't exactly a bad thing.

other than the fact that people get instant killed, or hit with a free combo after 6 seconds because, well, DI in #R lasts for exactly that. it is viable.

air attack coming for you.. D.I and VV their asses..great last second comeback.

I only use it because it looks cool. Especially when I'm gold Sol when there's really no point in even having it. It's pretty much just a really kick ass taunt then. I wish that grand viper was powered up when in DI mode. Start off with normal grand viper then it goes into bandit revolver and finishes with a clean hit sidewinder.

other than the fact that people get instant killed, or hit with a free combo after 6 seconds because, well, DI in #R lasts for exactly that. it is viable.

Rarely an IK, the DI lag time is around the same amount of time it takes to power up into IK mode. But definitely a free combo if you don't manage to kill the opponent.

Side note: I'm pretty sure that reload DI has infinites, if it didn't have a time limit.

Rarely an IK, the DI lag time is around the same amount of time it takes to power up into IK mode. But definitely a free combo if you don't manage to kill the opponent.

Side note: I'm pretty sure that reload DI has infinites, if it didn't have a time limit.

In older versions of Dragon Install, if you had Tension, you could reactivate the DI and extend your time. :vbang:

It'd be nice if Sol's D.I. worked anything like Boss Ragna's Blazblue or Blood Kain, i.e. sacrifice a little life for a massive boost in moves.

I mean, c'mon, what's worth sacrificing for this?

--Faster Normals

--Faster Executeable Specials

--Massive Good Specials (the Flame related ones at least).

--Flame Damage Modifier Boost

--Tension Regain

--Move Level Recharge (Order-Sol)

--Health Regain (Gold Only)

--D.I.: IK (Gold Order-Sol Only)

Here's a few things I can think of you could work with (list includes what he already uses*).

--50-100% Tension (Usually 50%*)

--Burst (?)

--Complete Health Drain (Drains to 1 point in D.I. 2nd*)

--Health Drain by % (?)

--Faint after a time.*

--Dizzy modifier.* (Easy for him to get Dizzied and much harder to mash out afterwards.)

--Hitstun Modifier.* (Attacks don't stagger/counterhit is less effective/less likely to cause faint.)

--Negative Penalty Modifier.*

--Clean Hit Modifier (?)

--Forcebreak disabled (?)

--Other Tension Moves disabled (?)

--Guard Disabled (?)

Well, those are just a few things in-game he could give up for D.I. Compare those to Blood Kain or A.B.A.'s Double Edged Mode Guage. Just something to think about.

Permanent DI with anything less than 100% tension is too op'd. Although, if they'd get rid of the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE start-up time on 100% AC DI that'd also be a viable tactic. I was practicing permanent DI with my bud(he just taunted me 'til I had enough) and I found that DI pressure is near-inescapable, with the uber speed combined with chip damage and the ubered fire based moves.