Pssych

[P4AU] Yosuke Hanamura - Gliding

Like in P4U, Yosuke still has the ability to Glide or Fastfall in the air thanks to a kara cancel (cancelling the start up on 1 move into another) with jAB into Air Turn (A+C) during an airdash. Gliding will allow Yosuke to keep his air dash momentum and fall at steeper angle. It also helps to glide backwards (Jump > A+C to turn backwards > Airdash > Glide) to help get jD out safely or just to escape back to neutral. Gliding helps Yosuke play neutral because it can be used to move around the screen faster than any character (He's faster even without it). It allows him to block while air dashing with no delay, come in at angles that are hard for certain characters to 2B (Chie, Akihiko, Mitsuru, etc), and to navigate projectiles or Naoto's traps.

So the notation would be:
Jump > 66jAB~A+C

Thanks to the overall changes to Yosuke in P4U2, Gliding becomes an even bigger part of Yosuke's gameplan because he has  a knockdown after V Slash > j2C. With the correct spacing after a knockdown, Yosuke can preform a glide into jA or jB for an overhead cross up which can also count as a safe jump to bait wake up reversals (He can block directly after preforming the glide).  V Slash > j2C > Glide with no spacing will allow him to either go for a low or grab. This has been dubbed "The Glide Mixup"

5AA is jump cancelable on block which allows Yosuke to preform a block string ending in 5AA > jump > Glide for a possible mixup or to help him continue pressure (2B works too!).

Remember; Learning to glide is one thing, but learning how to use glide is another.

More to come soon!

Edited by Pssych

plink glide (marvel 3 plink dash style)

use button layout like so for stick: (don't have one for pad)

[A] [C] [A+B]

[D]

airdash, slight delay, plink [A+B] to [C] to glide. Press air normal of choice afterwards. Can do that as fast as you want, but remember you have to let go of [A+B] to actually get out a jA or jB.

notes:

-plinking just means pressing 1 button then the other really fast. almost at the same time. kind of like mock playing a piano.

-make use of button config since we aren't playing in arcades! the A+B button also helps mash out All out attack.

-the slight delay is to get the A+B out since you cannot attack out of an airdash immediately. if you are only getting an air turn and not the glide, try airdashing and doing A+B attack without airturn (i.e. don't press C or A+C) and getting the timing down for that first.

If you're a pad player myself, you can try using the buttons + method that I use which seems to work fairly well. 

Bind your keys like this 

AB

CD

Then press A+B~C. Using index + middle finger to press A+B and then let your index finger fall down all the way in one swift motion and press the C about the same time as you're pressing the A button with that finger. 

That's just one part so make sure you get the hang of buffering IAD as well to go along with the glide input. 

Edit- Alternatively, you can map the R1 button as A+B and then go R1~C real quick if you play with your thumb on the face buttons. This method seems easier and more consistent overall but it's rather annoying because I prefer to have my index and middle finger on the face buttons. 

use button layout like so for stick:

[A] [C] [A+B]

[D]

airdash, plink [A+B] to [C] to glide. Press air normal of choice afterwards. Can do that as fast as you want, but remember you have to let go of [A+B] to actually get out a jA or jB.

I've been trying to glide by using the above method of mapping [A+B] to R1 and plinking to [C] and for some reason it seems to mostly give me j.A+B and sometimes j.C. Could it be that I am doing it too slow or am I doing it do soon after my air dash? 

P.S. Maybe I will change my opinion after I learn how to do it but do most Yosukes really feel this way is easier than P4A?

I've been trying to glide by using the above method of mapping [A+B] to R1 and plinking to [C] and for some reason it seems to mostly give me j.A+B and sometimes j.C. Could it be that I am doing it too slow or am I doing it do soon after my air dash?

P.S. Maybe I will change my opinion after I learn how to do it but do most Yosukes really feel this way is easier than P4A?

Try mapping R1 to A+C and just plink AB+ R1 and see if that works. I personally felt the old way was much easier but that's just my opinion.

Try mapping R1 to A+C and just plink AB+ R1 and see if that works. I personally felt the old way was much easier but that's just my opinion.

I'm using a stick. Going from A+B to R1 is a awkward stretch. The R1[A+B] into [C] feels fine it just doesn't seem to be working for me and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I have kinda gotten it down. After doing it about 200 time I have a 52% success rate so I just need practice now. Still don't know what the problem was so any ideas could possibly help others looking at this.

I'm using a stick. Going from A+B to R1 is a awkward stretch. The R1[A+B] into [C] feels fine it just doesn't seem to be working for me and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I have kinda gotten it down. After doing it about 200 time I have a 52% success rate so I just need practice now. Still don't know what the problem was so any ideas could possibly help others looking at this.

I use stick too but good job on finding a solution!

I just go the game cause i wanted english version and I am using a stick and finding it easiest to do it by either doing A~B~C incredibly fast and holding down each button after inputting so A~AB~ABC. or just going A+B~C as stated earlier

I just go the game cause i wanted english version and I am using a stick and finding it easiest to do it by either doing A~B~C incredibly fast and holding down each button after inputting so A~AB~ABC. or just going A+B~C as stated earlier

That's what I do ^

you do have to wait a lil bit after airdashing before a+b

Man thanks a lot! this pretty much made it work for me. I kept doing it instantly after the air dash and made it happen inconsistently. After applying the delay, I got my self a gliding Yosuke!

The glide tutorial I made for the previous game still applies in this version. The only difference being the input of course...but if you use a controller you can still glide just using your thumb.

Maybe psych can post the video on the front of this topic