Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

Thank you

Bang's OD theme song nerf is crap

Wow the first reply doesn't even involve news or gameplay, maybe this was a bad idea.

Seriously stay on topic. No warnings, no me saying something, straight to infractions.

I haven't really been able to keep track of all the news for this version, so are most of the changes in the last location test final or has some other change list pop up lately? Been wanting to know if Izayoi will be getting that DP buff and such.

I haven't really been able to keep track of all the news for this version, so are most of the changes in the last location test final or has some other change list pop up lately? Been wanting to know if Izayoi will be getting that DP buff and such.

I hope so, but not if its a reversal. We could use help with normals (especially make some jump cancellable please) and more of a consistent way to gain Zero Weave gauge in bad matchups (or any matchup). Those two buffs alone would make her pretty good imo.

I thought it was said that the game comes out in arcades on October 6th? Someone correct me on this?

If this is the case, I don't think there's going to be other loketests.

Have they announced some other loketest or will they just roll with what they had on the previous one?

It's highly unlikely that the will be another loketest since it's getting released in the arcades on October the 9th. Off course there will be changes since the loketest, but what those will be we'll have to wait and see.

Wow the first reply doesn't even involve news or gameplay, maybe this was a bad idea.

Seriously stay on topic. No warnings, no me saying something, straight to infractions.

I wouldn't say it's completely unrelated to gameplay.  The song triggers when you OD and gives you a nice morale boost.  Do you really want this topic to be strictly: "XXX's 5A is a 5 frame punch.  Yep, that's going to do what 5-frame punches do!"? 

Anne doesn't want the topic gettin derailed by aesthetics. Otherwise, discussing the way characters look like "bitch bitch, I hate that Noel gets TWO outfits).

Not quite the same, but he really doesn't want people discussing aesthetics cuz it leads to arguments.

Hopefully this thread won't go down faster than the Titanic.

Speaking of GCOD, do we really have any new information. I couldn't find anything worth while that I already know. Think Arc isn't going to give us anymore information till the actual game comes out in the arcades?

you will have to pay for it, probably 100 yen a pop. Until the console release comes out some months later. Info at arcade release.

Oh right.

We still don't even know if it's going to be a download patch or a new(?) game (like BBCSII) do we? Ah well, just hope there's a better netcode or something.

Hopefully this thread won't go down faster than the Titanic.

Speaking of GCOD, do we really have any new information. I couldn't find anything worth while that I already know. Think Arc isn't going to give us anymore information till the actual game comes out in the arcades?

We know that GCOD doesn't last that long now, so you usually only have enough time to perform, like, one move in it. Unless you're in the red, in which case you can do two or three.

I haven't had much issues with the netcode, but ever since 1.1, I've been having random room disconnects (as have other people I know). I only hope they fix that. And if they do make this a separate release, localization might as well make the effort to include the library this time around.

Wishful thinking: Hakumen gets non-crappy counters back and they do something interesting with Mugen.

We know that GCOD doesn't last that long now, so you usually only have enough time to perform, like, one move in it. Unless you're in the red, in which case you can do two or three.

it seems like this will slant it heavier in favor of characters with strong OD (mostly DD) starters.

Tager, Hazama. Don't know who else.

They seemed to make Tsubaki's C DD able to be followed up easy in OD, so that might be good for her. it's also 12f startup though, and her OD does nothing except add charge ( so it probably only adds like, .5 of a charge or something ....).

I haven't had much issues with the netcode, but ever since 1.1, I've been having random room disconnects (as have other people I know). I only hope they fix that. And if they do make this a separate release, localization might as well make the effort to include the library this time around.

Wishful thinking: Hakumen gets non-crappy counters back and they do something interesting with Mugen.

So which is better in your opinion as a Hakumen player; BBCSII counters or BBCP?

it seems like this will slant it heavier in favor of characters with strong OD (mostly DD) starters.

Tager, Hazama. Don't know who else.

Arakune maybe?

Arakune could be?  I'm not really sure with the new way his OD works. If his od worked as before and you landed beam super, you'd then do one D thing and get max curse even if OD ended a half second later, right. If you're instantly in curse in the new OD, you won't get max curse bar by landing a D move I would think.

Isnt Litchi's OD still pretty strong? Plus, he's nerfed, but Haku's OD is still pretty strong with how it works with his character. I think theres a few that could become stronger just because of ODR being a thing now. Especially since all DDs are getting buffed in OD now.

So which is better in your opinion as a Hakumen player; BBCSII counters or BBCP?

I prefer the old counter system and older Hakumen in general. Less damage and more emphasis on what makes him unique is what made him so interesting to play to me. But I'm also in the minority that prefers parries to combos, so how Hakumen evolved in CP caters a lot to players who were combo-focused beforehand. Older counters were high risk and high reward since they were unblockable and could be special cancelled from. Now they're generally high risk and low reward, save for 5D > Enma since that opens up a BnB combo for you. I mean, don't get me wrong, they were always "suboptimal", but they could have given him a "Press D to charge meter like Tsubaki" in CP and he'd play more or less the same as he does now.

How more can Haku be nerfed? Is there a limit for this?

But nice they realized Izayoi's DP. A little at least.

@Soviet Beat: CS2 Hakumen was not more interesting than CP 1.1, imo he was not really fun to play with. And earlier versions of Hakumen did less dmg? In Extend he was able to deal 1613 dmg from a anti air 5A without using Magatama or with 2 Mags 4k dmg from a tk hotaru into corner, same was possible from raw Zantetsu for 3 Mags. In CS1 there was a saying that you had to deal 1k dmg per Mag. Even in CT he was able to deal high dmg, although he lacked everything else.

I miss old 6D sometimes though, but in 1.1 he's imo well balanced.