Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

"- Regular and Drive specials are now considered to be separate moves (no longer trigger the SMP)."

That should be "Regular and followup (as in rekka) versions of specials", it makes no mention of drive versions.

"- Jabaki (236D) can now be canceled on hit."

Jabaki is now 236A, and this change is that it can be cancelled into Jasetsu (214D) on hit.

Woo, Hakumen 4.6k off of 2D. This game is gonna be awesome.

That could be a nerf depending on the final combo. If you don't get hit for like 5k off 2d/5d by a hakumen who's willing to throw a zantetsu during the combo in 1.0/1.1, then that hakumen player needs some work :HA:

That could be a nerf depending on the final combo. If you don't get hit for like 5k off 2d/5d by a hakumen who's willing to throw a zantetsu during the combo in 1.0/1.1, then that hakumen player needs some work :HA:

Counters prorate pretty badly, so that damage seems about right.

Arakune:
- C bug can now Guard Crush.
- F of G (j.214214D) now activates independently of Arakune (even on block).
- If the curse gauge is not empty, entering Overdrive activates the curse.

So this actually stuck....fun stuff.

Those Tager buff's fighting him is definitely going to be ..... different lol.

Lots of guard points on his 6D? 2D and his air D to make him immune to anti airs going to have to think of some new neutral for him lol. Possible top tier which is somewhere new for him.

Arakune- I hate arkaune so no way I can be unbiased lol

Jin has some interesting changes too. seems like his oki was nerfed but he has some real damage mid screen possibilities though.

Looking forward to see how this all turns out!

*looks at Tsubaki changes*

Are you guys happy now!?

After analyzing them and speculating, they seem to take more than they give and what they give may or may not actually be that great. I would need to test them out to see.

She potentially may do a tiny bit more damage now, but she lost some of her resets and her moves push her even farther away from the enemy than before which has been a problem for Tsubaki as a rushdown character since forever.

She can now do a sideswitch combo without requiring resources or any special combo routes, though. That's pretty great.

It seems like it will be immensely harder for her to stay on her opponent now that her conventional BnB combo ender doesn't cause slide anymore and then much much less corner carry.

It is a mixed bag of bad and "well I guess that's alright but meh" so far based on looking at the subtleties of the video rather than just reading the patch notes. I want to know more about what they changed, but that will come soon. I'm still glad that she so far hasn't had any drastically game changingly bad changes like Litchi's staff dropping to the ground when she gets hit while it is flying.

So am I the only one who's laughing at how they made Tager's 6B faster, but took away it's overhead properties. 

I think that may be why he got a faster 6B, because it's no longer an overhead.

Tager definitely looking scary. I want to know the scope of those guard points.

So other characters when?

So am I the only one who's laughing at how they made Tager's 6B faster, but took away it's overhead properties. 

It combo's into its self though and is much better (?) for combo's now.

I think that may be why he got a faster 6B, because it's no longer an overhead.

Tager definitely looking scary. I want to know the scope of those guard points.

So other characters when?

On wednesday :toot:

Not really don't think it will be to long since they did cut out the third vid on makoto so if there is more going to be shown of each character next will be her. (Judging by how the past videos went.)

Guard points on Tager only seems to happen during OD so meh.

360 not giving okizeme anymore is a huge nerf, not sure where are his buffs.

Wow! you're right Tager didn't get any buffs Bottom tier again it seems........

Of course I'm being sarcastic just wait once people start actually learning and optimizing combo's you'll find that a lot of changes are not as bad as you fear or ended up being awesome secret buffs.

Buffing Tagers OD is really nice though since it wasn't to useful and with the GCOD it should be welcome change at the very least.

You are doing the exact same thing except you are saying some wrong stuff.

Guard points only happen during OD, which is not so good as we all know OD is either a last chance thing or a combo extender, but not something you want to rely on.

So, whatever. I'm only judging from what they showed on the video, that's it. And they showed that 360B doesn't give oki anymore, and looks hard to combo from.

Let's also not forget the addition of OD as a reversal has won tager matches before. Let's not forget Tager is an actual walking talking gimmick to begin with. Let's not pretend that guardpoint D moves aren't scary when that crap wallbounds in OD.

Giving Tager stuff has always been a bit of scary business. No matter what it is.

Why the hell are the giving Carl even more mixup? His resets are already insane, isn't he considered top tier along Azrael, Litchi, Kokopuffs?

It looks really bad for litchi, losing a lot of tools. Tager looks good, Arakune looks good. Dunno about Bang.

Is Rachel recharge wind being nerfed? For me it looks like that the "fast" recharge is the present recharge of 1.1...

Ragna with better options, Hakumen's D counters being Sp. cancelable look incredibly fun.

Dunno about hazama his changes are quite radical: 1 more chain, no more j5C loops (?), and buffs in other stuff.

For me Tsubaki's changes are kind of meaningless, the rest are getting some buffs too, and much better buffs if you ask me (look Tager, Bang and Arakune).

Guard points are extremely scary, since now Tager isn't free on pressure anymore in OD. You'll have to back off or risk getting obliterated.

360B into spark bolt for a 5000+ dmg combo is incredibly scary. Corner combo for free, possible to go straight into 5D at 23f startup. At worst, if you want oki, you can 2D to get yourself closer, and if you have the necessary resources it's going to be more damage than genesic emerald tager buster. Judging from the video, since spark bolt is 13f startup and 5C is 15, it miiight be possible to hit with 5C at that distance, but i'm not a Tager player. Although, looking at the combo routes used, it might be that 360B is a short starter. Tager players, help!

360B is a VS starter in 1.1

You can combo after it meterless against rachel and kokonoe for a nice 5B>5C>AC>GF Tap reset

unless its a S starter we won't be getting anything.

2.0 hasn't even dropped officially and already all the Tager is top tier doomsayers that come into every single version are out in force. Time to notch the win rate on that prediction up to 0/7.

I am really liking the changes so far. Arakune bugs that break guard? Guard Point on Tager's Drives? Hakumen cancelling 5D into Yuki? It's freaking BlazBlue Gimmickphantasma and I love it.

Don't forget ground bumpers for Bang. It's basically one series of FRKZ level unreactable mixups per knockdown for the cost of a nail now. :D

Of all the changes...

Belial Edge works similarly to how it did in CS1 (<3). 

Ground bumpers for Bang... Really, dude?

C bug guard break for Arakune... WHAT.

NOEL D IS FATAL COUNTER?!

-ahem-

Well, I'm all for it. I'm sure it'll be a balanced experience.

Of all the changes...

Belial Edge works similarly to how it did in CS1 (<3). 

Ground bumpers for Bang... Really, dude?

C bug guard break for Arakune... WHAT.

NOEL D IS FATAL COUNTER?!

-ahem-

Well, I'm all for it. I'm sure it'll be a balanced experience.

BBCT all over again :D

Before:

Everyone's getting nerfed, 2.0 will be a snorefest!

After:

Everyone's too OP now, this is going to be broken as hell!