Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

Hmm..

I'm suprisingly okay with this list.

Although I'm pretty sure I'll cry blood against Nu again.

Well i'm certainly not teaching people the matchup :v:

Its fun using nu because no one uses her and gets wrecked by the matchup.

Whenever i see another nu player i feel the need to establish my dominance :v: so i'm also somewhat ok with this.

I welcome the re-coming of our new swordspamming overlords.

Im assuming you're joking?

Wait, what? Jin 6C is guaranteed startup?  What cracksmoking nutter thought that was a good idea? 

Still annoyed about Litchi and Hazama, because as usual, there's no actual reason they should be that good.  Would like them to suck for one game just because karma.

I find D tier Rachel unlikely, but who knows.

Of course, they may end up putting proration on GCOD combos, similar to counter assaults.  You probably can't even finish a round off it.

Actually, I think that would be a pretty okay thing to do. This will prevent ODRGETB from killing you if you have slightly less than half health and you made a wrong turn.

I'm actually more for the "cannot kill" attribute than special proration with the OD counted as a starter with its own P1 or something like that. ODR should not allow you to take rounds, or at least that's how I feel about it.

I mean, OD time is already shortened so the unburstable combo will already not be as long as could be for some characters depending on their health, but I'd be fine with both cannot kill and special proration if that could be a thing. This is because some characters like the earlier example of Tager will get optimal damage out of what can be done out of ODR regardless of how long OD lasts and that damage is amplified if he has 50 heat.

We're not talking about tager, we're talkin about GETB. It'll probably be one of the easiest DDs to use in conjunction with ODR due to its startup. As long as something has (if ODR is 16f) 21f duration left after you avoid it, its a reversal into an unburstable 6k. Because of a lot of things being bad on wiff, I can see this taking a lot more rounds than it currently is. To hell with gapless options meant to beat stuff like this, just ODR.

Still too early to talk about it really. They need to give us a list of all final changes already dammit.

How would "ODR combo's cannot kill" only target tager? Sure it affects him harshly because ODR GETB is such a option but that's like saying "Only Tager can ODR"

You successfully made them block and have them in block stun, it's not fair to you that you need to worry about losing the round because of an opponent's defensive option. Burst combos can't kill. CA combos can't kill. It only makes sense that ODR combos can't kill.

This was the stupidest argument i ever heard and i told you guys it wasn't going to happen. So Watch it and Weep!  :lol:

ODR GETB finish vs Ragna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM-jUCZ6rCY&feature=youtu.be&t=4m36s

ODR GETB finish vs Celica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWNlnue-lo&feature=youtu.be&t=3m10s

ODR GETB finish vs Hakumen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CroMcH5zKxA&feature=youtu.be&t=9m40s

i don't recall jin 6D having guaranteed startup in the past games and i still don't believe it now haha.

do you have a video of it in action?

Well we knew arksys is high on drugs this version but at least we can learn from this. Characters with good reversal super that does lots probably nu is my book. Who else has a high grade super?

Well we knew arksys is high on drugs this version but at least we can learn from this. Characters with good reversal super that does lots probably nu is my book. Who else has a high grade super?

Terumi's 623B on Overdrive can be followed for high damage combos . . . I'm gonna love spamming ODR.

Real talk tho, has Hazama ever been below A, at all?

I saw that some people placed him in the high end of B in 1.1

I personally think he is still A. I've always believed that besides having certain incarnations that did a bit too much meterless damage, he is one of the most well designed characters in the game. I would learn him myself, but I get blown up in neutral so hard, lol.

Nu match-up in a nutshell: How to make the opponent butt-hurt so they just try to airdash at you full screen.

I laughed, but only because of how depressingly true it is.

But surprisingly, I'm ok with that list: Hazama, Litchi, and Valkenhayn are pretty much guaranteed to be top-high at this point, they're the best characters that control space and have decent-high damage with more resources; they're just really well designed characters in general.

Bang kind of surprised me, I haven't really kept an eye on his changes aside from the sample video with that crossup nail, but I'm sure there's more. If someone could explain, I'd like that.

I'd imagine Nu would be better once they got rid of her stance change and just kept her committed to one style, in this case her zoning which means she can play keep away some more :D

If Carl's that high, that means Nirvana still doesn't die as fast as she used to. so yea.

Ragna being there was already explained by Titanium, but yea, dat damage son plus the fact that he's already pretty solid.

Everyone else are either mostly unchanged, or got massive nerfs to boot them down there(RIP Azrael and Kokonoe) or they're still undiscovered as of now. Izayoi going up makes sense and she really fucking needed it.

Kind of sad to see the likes of Kagura, Amane, and Terumi still so low tho. 

I'm not sure if I agree with throwing relius into B tier since I still see him win most of his matches, but he also ddoesn't have a huge player base. Anyone know if Im missing something, cuz his changes seem like a slight nerf overall, but I didn't think it was enough to really hurt him

I'm not sure if I agree with throwing relius into B tier since I still see him win most of his matches, but he also ddoesn't have a huge player base. Anyone know if Im missing something, cuz his changes seem like a slight nerf overall, but I didn't think it was enough to really hurt him

It's opinions more than anything and how much the respective person does in the matchup.

We taking random players tier lists from the BBS and discussing them now?

And even without the link, so the most of the people (including me) don't know what they're talking about.

We taking random players tier lists from the BBS and discussing them now?

At least we're being civil about it.

I'm just saying if it's not a reputable player a decent way in its probably not great (this was an anonymous BBS post from what I hear). Remember we probably see less than 5% of total arcade play so this early it'd be a crapshoot interpreting it anyways.

Edit: I'm just trying to put it out there you guys might be discussing something with 0 validity and huge gaps in information is all.

At least gives us something to talk about other than Tsubaki's OD whatever.

Even though this may be BS, it's fun to hear theories.

At the very least we can speculate a tier list based on the footage we've seen and heard, can we do that? Is that allowed.

Well, at least with the low quality info we have now it will be fun making comparisons to the more reliable info we will eventually recieve. Then we can all look back on these times and laugh.