Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

Not really much to comment on here. We know there's a standalone release and its pricing but there's no mention one way or another about a patch/upgrade. Not that it matters to me since I have little choice in the matter since I'll be getting the PS4 version. The extend storyline sounds somewhat interesting but details are too vague to be excited about. PS4 version having cross online play is cool. I'm curious to see what other improvements they'd added. Considering it was already implemented in both Persona and Xrd, maybe they'll bring the rematch feature to BB in this update. I think they'll probably also alter the lobbies in some way because of their previous performance issues.

My interest in 2.0 in terms of balance is still pretty low though. So it was going to be hard to be enthusiastic about this release no matter what it contained or how it was going to be handled.

Why are people so hung up with that BBCP extend will be 60$? The price for the US release haven't even been announced.

And even if BBCPE is full price in Japan (6264 yen), so was CS extend as well (6151 yen).

So if CSE was priced 40$, than CPE will likely have the same cost.

Why are people so hung up with that BBCP extend will be 60$? The price for the US release haven't even been announced.

And even if BBCPE is full price in Japan (6264 yen), so was CS extend as well (6151 yen).

So if CSE was priced 40$, than CPE will likely have the same cost.

The people who were planning on getting the Jap release aren't so keen on paying full retail for the same game. And there's no guarantee that the US will charge the same price as CS Extend.  And even then, that's only $10 less than CP's original retail price of $50.

If they patched the game and undid the lobotomy they gave Nu, I'd pay full price for it. I've gotten WAY more than my money's worth since CP launch. It's been the most fun I've ever had in a fighting game and I'd like to support them in making more of it. Unfortunately for me, a braindead character takes the fun out of it this time around and I have no interest in playing other characters. With the game only 60% done and the current reception both in Japan and abroad, I could see them packing some more stuff in and making some changes. I'm going to sit and wait for more news and be hopeful. I hope to continue playing and enjoying it with most of you guys. In the meantime, I'll be on Xrd as well.

Ya know it's funny too, because I could deal with a bullshit, top tier Nu(I can barely fight her as it is now, so this is nothing new for me). It's the lack of shit for the other characters(specifically my characters) and the pricing that's turning me off from this.

If it gets marked down to at least $30-$35 in the US, then maybe I'll consider it.

If they give me my so-requested Jubei, of course I will pay for that. However, with me wanting to get a PS4, an arcade stick + some new games, I will do some maths before spending my money on BBCP Extend. I just can't believe they are doing the same s..t again. That is getting predictable. 

Side note, AE of SSF4 was free for people having SSF4 and Ultra costed 15 bucks. BBCP 1.1 is still alive soo.... and GGXrd has a long live ahead ( I hope so). 

Seeing as Bullet actually got interesting changes, I might actually have to get this version.  Then again, if everyone is just Nu-13, I won't be able to use any of those interesting changes and it'll be just like playing 1.1 Bullet (either blocking for days or dead).

If they give me my so-requested Jubei, of course I will pay for that. However, with me wanting to get a PS4, an arcade stick + some new games, I will do some maths before spending my money on BBCP Extend. I just can't believe they are doing the same s..t again. That is getting predictable. 

Side note, AE of SSF4 was free for people having SSF4 and Ultra costed 15 bucks. BBCP 1.1 is still alive soo.... and GGXrd has a long live ahead ( I hope so). 

AE was not free, it was AE ver 2012 that was free. Though technically you get AE for free if you get Ultra.

Saw this coming from MILES away!  Hopefully the delay between releases won't be too long, and it'll just be $40, so my wallet can live a bit.  Cross-Play with the PS4 version sounds GREAT though, since it should keep the online competition fresh.  Time to brush up after so much USF4, Ultimax and Xrd!  I wonder if they'll do anything with the arcade lobbies after implementing them in other games now?

I know I'm a few pages late to respond to some of Airk's argument, but I'll say my piece anyway.  Why is everyone who doesn't play Azrael so quick to tap dance on the Mad Dog's grave?!  I disagree with the Top 3 sentiment because of Carl, not that being #4-5 is a BAD place to be, mind you, especially when Dogura was the only truly kicking heads in with him, but he didn't get changed as drastically as say, Kokopuffs. Rachel, Litchi, or even Hazama, most of his current stuff still works, and most of his "nerfed" moves actually provide him MORE corner carry, which is what he wants because now it's Wallstick City.  Most of us in the Azrael Forums are pretty excited and honestly, maybe I'm just optimistic, but I'd rather deal with Bang, Jin, Ragna and even Nu, as SILLY as she looks, than an army of Litchis, Kokos, Hazamas, Rachels and Carls any day, since they're more straightforward, just like him.  He's still going to be a threatening gorilla at the end of the day, even if a few matchups are slightly worse.  Who do you play though, since you haven't mentioned them yet?

I think the most egregious issue here is not that there's one very OP character in the roster, is that ASW doesn't give a shit in fragmenting the online community as much as possible for a quick buck. When CP came out, even though I could sympathize with X360 owners in being mad, I was glad that at least everyone who got the game could play together in one big pool of players. That truly was the case as even today I'm able to find people playing in the lobbies post-P4U2/UNIEL/Xrd. Now, when the Vita version was announced I didn't pay much attention to it, but a friend who saw me playing CP at a local tournament decided to grab it and was super disappointed in that it didn't feature cross-play with PS3. BBCSE was a Vita launch title so it got a pass, but I found supper scummy that after plenty more games under their belt and other examples of fighters featuring this out there (DOA5, SFxT) they still didn't bother in including this key feature.

Now we have two online communities PS3 (healthy) and Vita (doa). But wait, not happy with that ASW decides to pull the same ass-backwards business tactics from 2012 and decides to "give us" an update to the game without the option to upgrade our existing copies of CP. From a single online community of BBCP players, we went to:

• BBCP 1.1 (PS3) - Will be very diminished once 2.0 hits.
  • BBCP 1.1 (Vita) - It never had a chance, dead on arrival.
  • BBCP 2.0 (PS3/PS4) - Next gen owners will probably jump in this happily but I don't see the community being as being as big as with vanilla CP.
  • BBCP 2.0 (Xbox One) - Will be alive for a month and then become a ghost town, like every other ASW game on MS platforms.

Now we have 4 different communities with varying levels of population for the original game, awesome. By forcing us to buy a full-priced retail release, ASW is treating us like idiots. Today, we have an online infrastructure in all consoles to allow for patching of games. I know that next gen dev kits aren't free but then HAVE NEXT-GEN OWNERS PAY FOR IT, not the original customers who made this game financially successful in the first place. I think a sensible solution would have been the following:

• BBCP 1.1 owners (PS3/Vita) - let us upgrade with a digital patch, charge $30 tops and include Kokonoe and Terumi, add 3-way cross-play with Vita/PS3/PS4, or let us buy a fully-priced retail release but allow for the navigator and color DLC from vanilla CP to work on this.
  • BBCP 2.0 (PS4/Xbox One) - fully-priced digital and retail release as usual.

If it were up to me, instead of a X1 version I would've invested in a PC version with cross-play (like SF V) but ASW is clueless in the PC space. Also, I would be extremely wary of buying an X1 version after how CP was not available on the 360, no one can guarantee that ASW won't pull that shit again in the future a drop support for that platform. But again, this is all pointless because instead of skipping this and not supporting this bullshit milking, most people will flock to import it or get the mediocre localization from Strangely Compelling that is missing game modes and arriving 6 months after the JP release.

Meh. It's a new update, I gotta get it or stay behind. I'll save complaints for when I'm getting bodied by Nu all day errday.

I'll probably still get it eventually, but it's not exactly high on the priority list.

I'll probably still get it eventually, but it's not exactly high on the priority list.

I think this'll be the case for most when concerning next gen consoles, but with PS3, the sales might dwindle. 

• BBCP 2.0 (Xbox One) - Will be alive for a month and then become a ghost town, like every other ASW game on MS platforms.

Just to pick on this point - Bullypucky.  I was playing Extend on the 360 right up until CP U.S. release, which should, if the naysayers in this thread are to be believed, have been a perfect storm of emptiness without a single living soul as far as the eye could see, but christ, I was finding more games then than I'm finding in CP _NOW_.   A situation which, I daresay, was assisted by the ability of people to train while waiting for Player Match opponents, making kicking back and waiting for someone to drop by a a viable passtime.   CP has a handful of player matches to which I have zero bars, usually one room to which I have a decent connection which inevitably has no connection limit and therefore has some jackass zero bar person in it ruining the matches for everyone, and a small handful of Japanese players hanging out in Kagutsutchi (zero bars again).

I'm actively -pining- for old Extend at this point, and I expect this announcement is going to kill things deader.

Netplay on the PC version of CSEX (Fuuuuuck) is terrible... no pc version may be a blessing in disguise.

I don't think it's the netplay, per se, so much as the fact that there are no goddamn connection indicators, so there's no way to tell whether the person you are playing with has a great connection, or are running satellite from Alaska.

No. I play with someone I have a great connection with on console and it's garbage on PC EX.  Absolute garbage.

No. I play with someone I have a great connection with on console and it's garbage on PC EX.  Absolute garbage.

Well, that's sad. I haven't tried playing with my local buddy yet.

Makoto (pre-CSII).

You mean anything into 4k pre-CSII parry loop Makoto right? and I guess they're at least learning from their mistakes, they went from two bs dlc chars (makoto, Valk) to one (koko) per release.

Calamity Trigger brosef. Most of us dreaded her back then even after we found out Rachel was more capable of tenderizing our rears harder.

That's what I meant by not going back to that shit, arakune had like a 2-8 matchup against that thing, even when he was basically broken.

Not like we got much choice anyway.

I got one, I'm skipping this garbage until I find it in the bargain bin, I won't support shit business decisions.

Woah, didn't expect it'd skip right to Extend. Thought it would come much later. Then again, I'm pollyanna and crazy as a loon  :lol: 

Anyways, I'm hype for this! This will be my first BB game and after reading through the stories of CT and CSE, I'm ready to jump in and actually play a BB game myself!  :) Plus it seems to be a version where the characters I want to play won't be terribly bad.