Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

I know that ArcSys USA recently spoke on Twitter about recording English dialogue for an unspecified game, one that is likely Extend. No announcement, but the recording concluded around the end of January.

It's obviously X-Blaze :V

I know that ArcSys USA recently spoke on Twitter about recording English dialogue for an unspecified game, one that is likely Extend. No announcement, but the recording concluded around the end of January.

Could be Hard Corps Uprising 2.....nah I can't even sell that one to myself

I heard here that Bang's 6D was nerfed to not be from frame 1.

Is there any real proof of this? Talking with Rachels in japan they don't think it has been.

I heard here that Bang's 6D was nerfed to not be from frame 1.

Is there any real proof of this? Talking with Rachels in japan they don't think it has been.

From videos it looks like it works the same, but hey I could be wrong.

On another note: From what I've seen in videos lately, I have to agree with SKD.  Izayoi looks to be perhaps top 5 in CP 2.0/EX.  The hype is coming back......

I thought he was saying that she was top 5 in 1.1 Am I wrong there?

He was, it's just that what I've seen of her lately has me agreeing with him....

My BBCP2 Tier list based soley on the current Top 20 Japanese Arcade Dan rankings as of 2/17/15, http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://sp.bbcp.ac/ranking_view.php%3Fp%3D1%26mode%3Dexe%26type%3Dpsr_rank&usg=ALkJrhhklRjHdougkQ-Yk5awrOuxzLJpmw

Comprised of all chars ranked 16th Dan and higher only. Orded by number of chars in top 20 first, then by rank.

Just a funny note: The best Tager is 17th Dan ranked #13 while the best Valk is 16th dan ranked 31st LOL

S: Jin 3, Bang 3, Lychee 3, Hazama 3, Teiga 2 

A: Tsubaki, Ragna, Kokonoe, Makoto, Nu, Azrael,

B: Carl, Kagura, Rachel, Reriusu, Celica, Izayoi, Vu~aruken Hein,

C or lower: everyone else

S-tier: Has more than 1 char in top 20 ranked 16th dan and higher. The number after the name is how many of that char is in the top 20. This shows that 14 of the top 20 consists of the same 5 charachters.

A-tier: Has only 1 char in top 20 ranked 16th dan or higher. Listed in order of rank.

B-tier: Has no chars in top 20 but has reached 16th Dan only. Listed in order of rank.

C-tier: Has no chars in top 20 and has not reached 16th dan.

My BBCP2 Tier list based soley on the current Top 20 Japanese Arcade Dan rankings as of 2/17/15, Comprised of all chars ranked 16th Dan and higher only. Orded by number of chars in top 20 first, then by rank.

Just a funny note: The best Tager is 17th Dan ranked #13 while the best Valk is 16th dan ranked 31st LOL

S-tier: Has more than 1 char in top 20 ranked 16th dan and higher. The number after the name is how many of that char is in the top 20. This shows that 14 of the top 20 consists of the same 5 charachters.

A-tier: Has only 1 char in top 20 ranked 16th dan or higher. Listed in order of rank.

B-tier: Has no chars in top 20 but has reached 16th Dan only. Listed in order of rank.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://sp.bbcp.ac/ranking_view.php%3Fp%3D1%26mode%3Dexe%26type%3Dpsr_rank&usg=ALkJrhhklRjHdougkQ-Yk5awrOuxzLJpmw

What is that "New" character?

My BBCP2 Tier list based soley on the current Top 20 Japanese Arcade Dan rankings as of 2/17/15, Comprised of all chars ranked 16th Dan and higher only. Orded by number of chars in top 20 first, then by rank.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://sp.bbcp.ac/ranking_view.php%3Fp%3D1%26mode%3Dexe%26type%3Dpsr_rank&usg=ALkJrhhklRjHdougkQ-Yk5awrOuxzLJpmw

>Tsubaki and Makoto higher than Valkenhayn

>Kagura in the same tier as Valkenhayn

>Tager two tiers higher than Valkenhayn.

You gotta stop hittin that Blazgreen son, it ain't good for you.

>Tsubaki and Makoto higher than Valkenhayn

>Kagura in the same tier as Valkenhayn

>Tager two tiers higher than Valkenhayn.

You gotta stop hittin that Blazgreen son, it ain't good for you.

As i clearly pointed out my tier list is based soley on the current Top 20  Japanese Arcade Overall Dan rankings as of 2/17/15 http://translate.goo...Yk5awrOuxzLJpmw

It is not based on my opinion, matchups, tournament wins or anything else.

4th: Conan

Tsubaki 18 stage

11th: light warrior

Makoto 17-stage

13th: secret society PSR chieftain

Teiga 17-stage

18th: Zon B

Teiga 16-stage

# 22: air (iii)

Kagura 16-stage

# 31: cleaning

Vu~aruken Hein 16-stage

All of the charachters you mentiond are doing way better and ranked much higher than Valk in the overall nation wide rankings. You can argue with the data all you want but its not going to change the fact that, even if Valk was somehow SS God Tier, no one is good enough to get higher than 31st place with Valkenhayn in all of Japan. Valk is currently at the time of this post the absolute bottom last place 16th Dan char in the overall nation wide rankings and that is exactly what my tier list accurately represents.

Dan wise. No valk has stepped up to disprove TagerTime's list.

Thank You

As i clearly pointed out my tier list is based soley on the current Top 20  Japanese Arcade Overall Dan rankings as of 2/17/15 http://translate.goo...Yk5awrOuxzLJpmw

It is not based on my opinion, matchups, tournament wins or anything else.

4th: Conan

Tsubaki 18 stage

11th: light warrior

Makoto 17-stage

13th: secret society PSR chieftain

Teiga 17-stage

18th: Zon B

Teiga 16-stage

# 22: air (iii)

Kagura 16-stage

# 31: cleaning

Vu~aruken Hein 16-stage

All of the charachters you mentiond are doing way better and ranked much higher than Valk in the overall nation wide rankings. You can argue with the data all you want but its not going to change the fact that, even if Valk was somehow SS God Tier, no one is good enough to get higher than 31st place with Valkenhayn in all of Japan. Valk is currently at the time of this post the absolute bottom last place 16th Dan char in the overall nation wide rankings and that is exactly what my tier list accurately represents.

Thank You

I know its based on your opinion, I'm just kind of messin with you because the idea that Tsubaki would be better than Valkenhayn is absolutely hilarious.

I know its based on your opinion, I'm just kind of messin with you because the idea that Tsubaki would be better than Valkenhayn is absolutely hilarious.

No that's the point, it's NOT based on his opinion.

No that's the point, it's NOT based on his opinion.

I actually misread that, my apologies; well I'm still not inclined to take that list too seriously. 

Like Mac said, some players don't get registered but are still pretty damn good.

Characters can be good and underrepresented by the player base too you know. Look at Tao.

Would that be Tao "Everyone says I'm really good but haven't actually won anything in years" Kaka?

Anyway, Tao had some really well ranked players in previous versions. 

And I don't think it makes much sense that characters who had strong players with high ranks in previous versions of the game (such as, oh, Valk) are somehow suddenly "underrepresented" unless people think that they're not worth sticking with. :P  I also have a hard time believing that there are "ghost players" who would be in the top 20 nationwide but can't be bothered to register a name on their card.

For the latter point, that's actually a common occurrence; some people don't bother registering a card sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the latter point, that's actually a common occurrence; some people don't bother registering a card sometimes.

I think the use of the word "sometimes" pretty much killed the point you were trying to make.  Yeah, every once in a while you see a known great player playing sans-card or under some weird alias or something because they're joking around or they left their card at home.

What you DON'T see is some guy blowing everyone up because they've played thousands of matches but never got around to getting and using a card.   Which is what would need to happen for the rankings to actually be "skewed" in some way.

Keep in mind some players also get a new card entirely too; Fenrich has done this at some point.

I'm not saying the data presented isn't accurate, but I don't want people using it as absolute proof of a character's strength.

Has there been a "all new distortion/OD distortion drives for all characters" been created yet in 2.0? Searches on YouTube are proving futile. Well not really, previous versions have shown up.

Keep in mind some players also get a new card entirely too; Fenrich has done this at some point.

I'm not saying the data presented isn't accurate, but I don't want people using it as absolute proof of a character's strength.

Agreed, it would have been the same if someone were to make a "Number of top players by character" list. In no way does it dictate actual tier rankings.

Also, Valk is gdlk. Woof.