Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeWhoRocksAlot

[Xrd] Tier Discussion

Koichi's tier list:

Xrd-1.1-Koichi-Tier-list-10-de-Agosto.pn

S: Zato, Faust, Sol.
A+: Millia.
A: Ky, Elphelt, Bedman, Sin.
B: Chipp, Leo, Axl, Venom.
C+: I-No, Slayer, Potemkin.
C: May, Johnny, Ramlethal.
D: Jack-O.

Basically mean Dogura doesn't have as many problems with Faust as most players. Faust seems to hit Koichi hard though.

One thing for sure, Zato is the strongest no matter what.

It's interesting to see how Koichi places I-no and Elphelt too, since he has a lot of experience with playing those characters. His placement of Sol and Faust look like MU problems too.

It's interesting to see how Koichi places I-no and Elphelt too, since he has a lot of experience with playing those characters. His placement of Sol and Faust look like MU problems too.

Not really, May is also a bad matchup for I-No and even so it seems he thinks she's worse than Potemkin (can't say I really agree with that one though), and personally I don't think the matchup with Faust is really that troublesome anymore, probably still 5.5/4.5 in Faust's favor but no more, worst matchups for I-No now are Axl and Chipp.

Fucking hell, ramlethal is crap again? -_-

well, i suppose they will change a couple more things before release i hope, the tier list being nearly the same as the last game is no fun

FAB did a write-up to accompany his Revelator tier list:

S tier characters are not lacking anything, but even among them, Zato and Millia stick out as stronger. Aside from Sol, these characters don't need to bother about charged blitz, which is a strength. A tier is strong, but they all lack something, be it defense, okizeme, mobility, etc. One of Jack-O's strengths is that even though she is a set-up character, her main body's abilities are not bad. She can fight against characters who want to act during the vulnerable periods of setting up, but she seems to struggle against characters that can hit her and her summons simultaneously, or characters that are good at staying on her, so I put her in B. Potemkin is the only D tier character. He has high health and high damage in the corner, but because his midscreen combos are weak, other characters have more situations in which they can get higher damage. He has no strengths that are strong enough to make up for his low mobility, and you can see how inferior he is just by looking. He is not catastrophically weak though, he is a character that manages to get by somehow or rather.

Japanese eSports site, eSports Runner also posted a Revelator tier list, also as of October 6th:

S: Millia.
A: Sol, Ky, Zato-one, Chipp, Faust, Axl, Bedman, Sin, Elphelt, Johnny*.
B: May, Venom, Slayer, I-no, Ram, Leo.
C: Potemkin, Jack-O*, Jam*.
* = Provisional
  They did a write-up as well, that I tried to put through Google Translate:

For Milia of S rank, rather than that there is a high character performance, was the S rank from the point of view that it is possible all of the characters and the chemistry is to fight the good or in the chemistry of about fifty-fifty.
  For C rank of Potemkin, it has been in this rank for the reason that theoretically there are many character compatibility is bad, character performance is not that extremely low.

And Milia, which is evaluated as "still strong", "although enhanced, still the lowest rated treatment" difference of more Potemkin evaluation of the player to the will, it should result in consideration of the character compatible with many.
  However, the potential itself with of each character, has a status quo "Which character is also strong" element, "not win and you're using this character." What of whether the case would not have become considerably less.

I think eSports Runner's list is also meant to indicate how often each character is played as well.  So I guess Milia's the Flavor Of The Month in Japan, and nobody's really playing much of Pot, Jack-O or Jam, because the latter two are so new?

I really have a hard time believing that people would continue to think Sol is THAT durable in Japan. I feel like he's starting to show chinks in his armor due to his high-frequency of play and his lack of bullshit - just like most Shoto characters in any fighting game with respectable character balance.

- Kimosabae 

18 minutes ago, SynikaL said:

I really have a hard time believing that people would continue to think Sol is THAT durable in Japan. I feel like he's starting to show chinks in his armor due to his high-frequency of play and his lack of bullshit - just like most Shoto characters in any fighting game with respectable character balance.

- Kimosabae 

Are you playing the same game as the rest of us?

Pretty sure, yeah. His Oki is strong and he hits hard, but his ceiling is lower than Millia, Zato, Chipp, etc. and people are getting better at countering his standard set play options. He has to go for the Level 2 and 3 Yomi more frequently now. 

Ky third best? Yeah, that list definitely lol.

*edit* 

Though this is based on Revelator, which we admittedly know little about. 

10 minutes ago, SynikaL said:

Pretty sure, yeah. His Oki is strong and he hits hard, but his ceiling is lower than Millia, Zato, Chipp, etc. and people are getting better at countering his standard set play options. He has to go for the Level 2 and 3 Yomi more frequently now. 

*edit* 

Well balance is the same in Revelator, so unless blitz change is so big that it would affect tier lists very drastically, which I doubt, we can still give good input.

19 minutes ago, SynikaL said:

*edit* 

So I should assume you're not familiar with Sol's wild throw setups then?  Or YRC Gunflame?  If you really think he has absolutely no grime whatsoever then I can only assume you haven't really dealt with Sol.  He's fair, but honest is not the worst I would use to describe him at all.  

Sol has a command grab and can...

"Y-R-C" his Gunflame special move??

Dude you just blew my fucking mind. 

I don't typically like to comment on this kind of thing, but Sol is very clearly one of the better characters in Revelator. For the most part everyone seems to agree that Millia, Zato and Sol are top or close to it.

Past that though this game is really hard to call. Charged Blitz is a game changer and people are still trying to figure out when it's best to use it. A lot of characters seem dumb at first (Elph, Jack-O) but once you learn how to fight against them you realize how vulnerable they can be.

Honestly I don't think it's worth having this discussion at this point in time. Japanese players are still figuring the game out and nobody else can even play it yet. The difference between Sign and Revelator is bigger than it would seem on paper.