Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeWhoRocksAlot

[Xrd] Tier Discussion

Been watching more footage lately, and I'd be curious to hear an explanation why a decent percentage of players rank Zato higher than Faust.  Zato has some wacky stuff he can do, but Faust, man...  Even in casual matches, Faust players just seem to rack up wins for free.  It's like the character has no major weaknesses.

I'd say that it comes down to Faust's pokes actually having some blind spots on them, while Zato can cover all the space he wants as long as he coordinates well with Eddie. Zato also has slightly superior mobility tools, better ways to spend meter, way better combo damage... Interestingly, I don't think Faust's random factor matters that much here, since his strongest point basically comes down to f.S.

Faust is also a lot easier to play. There's a few top Faust players but only one top Zato player. I don't think anyone doubts at that level of play, the two characters are of comparable strength, but I suppose it could go either way in ranking them.

It's funny how Ogawa consistently rates I-No higher than other people do. Can't help but have your character-specific perspective, I guess. Odd that Efute and Woshige would rate Zato that low even if the character is mostly Ogawa.

It's funny how Ogawa consistently rates I-No higher than other people do. Can't help but have your character-specific perspective, I guess. Odd that Efute and Woshige would rate Zato that low even if the character is mostly Ogawa.

Well you know what people say about opinions.  I feel like Xrd tiers are a lot closer and hard to develop than most think, one week Zato may be top the next he may be high/mid.  People get so wrapped up in what others say that they forget their are many things that go into developing an actual opinion.  Like if you think about it in perspective to someone Zato may not be top because of the hard work he has to put out in order to be that good. 

I kinda hate when people ask for tier lists but don't ask for an explanation.  It's kind of pointless especially in a game like GG where it's so close.

Well you know what people say about opinions.  I feel like Xrd tiers are a lot closer and hard to develop than most think, one week Zato may be top the next he may be high/mid.  People get so wrapped up in what others say that they forget their are many things that go into developing an actual opinion.  Like if you think about it in perspective to someone Zato may not be top because of the hard work he has to put out in order to be that good. 

I kinda hate when people ask for tier lists but don't ask for an explanation.  It's kind of pointless especially in a game like GG where it's so close.

One the things I love about this game: very good balance, just like in MBAACC.

Ogawas list from today @twitter.

S: Zato > Millia
A+: Ramlethal > Elphelt > Faust
A: I-no=Venom=Sol=Ky
B+: Rest

Ogawas sidenotes: Zato is better than Millia because its harder to use blitsshield vs zato due to mini.

Elphelt might be the best character in game. He has more UB setups than Zato. Ogawa just put her in the list at A because he thinks Zato Millia and Ram are better.

Also Elphelt craps on everyone below Faust.

"Elphelt might be the best character in game. He has more UB setups than Zato. Ogawa just put her in the list at A because he thinks Zato Millia and Ram are better."

This sentence makes no sense.

Really surprised he moved Chipp so much down...probably loses to some characters big and beats other characters big...

Also word I got is that he thinks Sin should be banned for being too glitchy, supposedly he found a glitch that can let him timer scam for 50 seconds...

Console always brings new tech and new counters as well. Maybe he labbed it out against Chipp and found some easy counters to his nonsense?

That much is true, but I do have some bias given I don't think he found the tech that stops his nonsense against Venom.

I would definitely agree that El is the best among the 3 console characters.

And if it wasn't for Trance i would have said that she is as good as Ram but not for now.

And pretty sure that Ogawa's Zato should be separated from the the usual Zato lol.

So, no rating for Sin (other than "lol glitched BAN HAMMER")? IMO he can easily be A.

Yeah i dunno if he's omitted or included under "the rest of the characters are bad" but it seems like he really just shits out damage regardless of effort level required to do so. Although I guess gimmicky pressure and bad mixup hurts him a fair bit.

Yeah i dunno if he's omitted or included under "the rest of the characters are bad" but it seems like he really just shits out damage regardless of effort level required to do so. Although I guess gimmicky pressure and bad mixup hurts him a fair bit.

I don't think there is a bad character in this game.

Really surprised he moved Chipp so much down...probably loses to some characters big and beats other characters big...

Also word I got is that he thinks Sin should be banned for being too glitchy, supposedly he found a glitch that can let him timer scam for 50 seconds...

Sin is pretty stupid and if this is true then  wow.

That much is true, but I do have some bias given I don't think he found the tech that stops his nonsense against Venom.

Is it that bad? I know when I see chipp as a may player is is pretty annoying(until you hit him at least).

I don't understand what was found with Venom that made him rose from the bottom a few months ago to solid A.

I don't understand what was found with Venom that made him rose from the bottom a few months ago to solid A.

Having like 3 super good Venom players.

"Fino,Haven and Sanma" in one place like Mikado.

Definitely sound suspicious compared to characters like Ky, Slayer, Chipp or even Zato!

That is why she is at A+ atm. From her toolset she already has loads of potential, not to mention people having dealt with the evil that is known as berry pine oki.