Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anthony001

How is Sol in +R?

Does he now stand a chance against his past matchups like ky or potempkin?

Any good bread and butter? I've been using this BnB in Accent Core 5K,2D,BR(236+K) almost everytime even on block lol. Any suggestion on how to play sol now?

Does he now stand a chance against his past matchups like ky or potempkin?

Any good bread and butter? I've been using this BnB in Accent Core 5K,2D,BR(236+K) almost everytime even on block lol. Any suggestion on how to play sol now?

Ky has never really been a bad matchup, and Potemkin wasn't that bad (if at all). I do think the Potemkin match got a little easier but both matchups play pretty much the same in +R. There's info on both of them in the matchup forum.

That BnB is still used often (you can add a c.S in between the 5K and 2D for better blockstrings or damage, unless that will make BR not reach). But you shouldn't do BR on block frequently since it can be easily punished.

As for how you play him it's pretty much the same. The main new things to make note of are new combo possibilities:

- special cancellable Fafnir and FB Fafnir (f.S > 5H > Fafnir, 2D > FB Fafnir),

- FB Sidewinder for converting off far air hits or correcting yourself if you didn't line up properly to regular Clean Hit Sidewinder.

- Longer untechable on j.D allowing for dustloop options in corner combos.

- Longer untechable on 6P (especially air hit) allowing for better/easier conversions off 6P in corner.

You should look at the Dustloop +R Sol Wiki and tutorial/match videos that are gathered in the video thread. If you have questions we are happy to answer, but it really helps to be as specific as possible so we can give the best answer.