someonewhodied

[CP 2.0] Changes Discussion

Too bad about the loss of 4B and JC on block drives (even if they were situational), but the rest of the tools we are getting certainly make up for it. Interested to see how gravity replaces 22A in functionality a little more. 

Thank god the bit about us losing crescent cancel was false.

was there rumour about losing crescent cancel? i havent seen crescent cancel into air dash yet which was what was post long ago.

That was something that, as far as I know, hasn't been verified either. Any word on whether crescent cancelling can be followed up with an air dash?

I'm wondering if Nu can do a delayed Crescent and when she lands do 2B or 3C at about the same time the Crescent hits. It would be similar to Yukiko doing 2D and 2A in the corner.

I'm wondering if Nu can do a delayed Crescent and when she lands do 2B or 3C at about the same time the Crescent hits. It would be similar to Yukiko doing 2D and 2A in the corner.

Not sure, but it seems that if you delay crescent enough you are plus on block (Just from watching the gentarou matches, at least, that's what it LOOKS like). Not sure so don't quote me on that.

jD looks to be the same as the current jD.

j2D is the one that goes at a 45 degree angle towards the ground.

j6D is the other one that goes downwards towards the ground but at a less steep angle. It looks to go practically full screen.

so we should probably be figuring out what our oki options will be.

I already got an idea for an unblockable setup with microdash crossunder reverse sickle but i really want to get my hands on 2.0 and try it myself.

I would guess they would be gravity well (if you want to run away), 214D (to force them to neutral tech) and maybe j.214[D] (if you know they are neutral teching depending on how plus it is on block). Also 5D but that is just to stop them from rolling after a j214D knockdown.

Well, Nu's damage is looking pretty good. I'm surprised it's better than Lambda's. Anyone know if it was possible for Nu/Lambda to get 4k off 2B starters midscreen without meter in BBCS/EX? I seem to remember it was possible for her to do 2B > 4B crouching hit confirm if you used gravity. I think this version is a lot better since she will have gravity up regardless and the combos have solid knockdown plus she can do it vs a standing opponent.

in 1.1 You can get 4K meterless off of 2B

It costs gravity. But you can get 4K off of luna 2B

Oh yeah, you could do that. Exception being the gravity is on cool down for quite awhile.

Also, I haven't seen any of 2.0 Nu's use Crush Trigger. I'm wondering if it's worth using anymore.

It's the same as CP1.1 in animation and function. Nu is just never that close to use it and she still gets outstanding damage without it.

Everyone is better off saving it for a CA or Super finish.

I think I would use it since people will just block Nu because she doesn't have 4B anymore. Also, removing Barrier is always good.

We are probably limited to just drive moves against an airborne opponent. Nu can do 5C > 214D (short version) to launch the opponent into the air so it isn't that hard to get the opponent into the air to use CT.

I did kind of like doing CT in combos. Perhaps it's viable in the corner only. But seeing as how she can do good damage effectively without it, she's better off saving it. We need those counter assaults after all and Calamity Sword is still a solid ender for winning rounds.

I did remember 214d does not combo directly into ct unless under fc, although I'm not sure if you needed mode change. Lambda could probablY go 2c 2dd ct. the other way is 214d into 6dd 2dd ct although adding unnecessary proration. On another note, as expected the split is a unhappy divorce. One is going to be better than the other, let's see how this pans out.

We have the mobility to deal with it. We have CA as well. After CP, you should have plenty of practice in blocking and using your mobility to stay out of those situations as much as possible.

Just noticed while watching a higher quality video: Nu's Drives do Chip damage now (looks to be about 10 each). I've watched so many videos and completely missed this detail.

This is a big push for Nu's zoning. Your opponent can't just block all day.

Naga vs N-O Rachel for the first 30 minutes and then some more Naga casuals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFVHj5pr6Y

[5DD > 4DD] x2 is ridiculous, and chip damage really stacks up after a while

@2:35 & 12:07 - you see Rachel punish versions of 214D after the spikes came out, but not get hit by them.  Guessing 214D loses it's hitbox if we get hit now.

@16:29 - j2C starter gets only around 2.6k damage, when earlier @15:45 - almost the exact same combo with a 2B starter and that does 3.6k damage. Looks like j2C got a nerf for whatever reason.

edit: @35:23 - 214DC (or is it [D], whichever the short version is) cancels out Jin's icesword with the first spike & hits Jin with the second.  Maybe "level 2 swords close range, level 1 swords far away" rule applies to 214D too.

@39:15 & 43:00 - Counterhit j214D can be followed up without meter.  That's awesome.

@45:15 - Jin used GCOD>632146C vs Nu 5D(1), but Nu had enough time to do her normal backdash.  5D(1) recovery is pretty good in CP2.

So, a bit of an improptu list of nerfs (Not sure if all of these are confirmed, especially the last one).

-4b is gone

-6D and 2D no longer have JC on block

-apparently calamity sword is no longer a reversal?

-crescent cancel eats an air option(?)