someonewhodied

[CP 2.0] Changes Discussion

So she gets chip damage from spamming 5DD > 4DD over and over again and she can reset pressure safely with gravity and get good damage from fullscreen away. Is there any reason not to spam 5DD > 4DD? That Rachel didn't do much to punish it. Plus, there was a game where Nu used up 100 meter in RCs to get enough meter back to do another RC. This is kinda like CT Nu without all the crazy.

Nu's RC combos also seem reminiscent of CT Nu because she just does 5DD after 236D RC and gets pretty good damage. One thing I noticed after watching those matches is that Naga very rarely did any corner combos. He basically did the midscreen stuff if they were in the corner, you know, 5DD > 4DD. So either corner combos aren't worth it in a risk vs reward sort of way or he doesn't know many corner combos. The latter seems possible because against that Jin player he had two attempts at a corner combo and botched both.

214D is 4 spikes

214DC is 2 spikes

214[D] is full screen spikes

J214D is Crescent

J214DC is Cancel

J214[D] is Delay Crescent

236D is Pizza Cutter

236DC is Reverse Pizza Cutter

236[D] is Wall Bounce Cutter

I'm wondering if you can control how long you can hold the D moves, especially for Crescent.

Nu13 unblockables next game:

Confirmed:

OD+100 meter: OD Calamity>RC>3C

Possibly doable:

50 Meter: 236236D>236[D]+4D full screen distance

no resources: j.B as low as possible>j.214[D]+2B

All Calamity Sword hits are overhead?  That's cool, does it work in 1.1 as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec9CMznIk4A&list=UUyV9c57z3v5Ot5d4PklDxeA

@1:08 - Nu's 4D gets eaten by Growler, Azrael cancels the catch into Phalanx, but 66 Parser avoids the fireball.  Might be a lucky hitbox interaction on 66 Parser vs a fast projectile, but if not, there could be some invul (or super low profile) on 66 Parser now.

I thought j.214[D] keeps you airborne.

I saw a j.B jump in where the nu did j.B>j214D~C>j214D~D and landed but the crescent still came out. Landing recovery is probably still a thing though.

Currently you can get an unblockable on tager and kokonoe where if you do crescent and hit the ground after it starts coming out, you get a high/low unblock with 2b.

Kokonoe needs a 1/2/3 D set on the ground or tager needs an AC/GF whiff while you are in the air.

Its probably still the same. 

j.214D~C>j.214D~D keeps some downward momentum.

From the videos I saw of Gentarou, Carl seems like he'll still give Nu trouble. Though, I feel like the match up is a lot harder for Carl this time around. For instance, I saw Gentarou do 214A > 66 to escape the corner after he did counter assault, makes it easier to maneuver around the doll. The Jin match up felt the same. Though it may be tough to get out of the corner with Jin's stronger pressure now. Though Gentarou also showed how good Nu's pressure was at times.

I also saw Yoshiki's video and noticed he did 623C a few times against Goro's Makoto, seemed effective, but I'm not sure if it's good since he's the first player I've seen doing that. He could have been messing around for all I know.

Her gravity combos in 1.1 do more but in 2.0 You get gravity at the end of combos anyways so compared to non-gravity combos in 1.1, you get more in 2.0.

And 2.0 has much better zoning capabilities with her flexible Revolver Action. After watching recent Lambda, I knew Lambda wasn't going to cut it with zoning.

Yeah, in BBCP 1.1 it would take about 15 seconds for her gravity seed to recover. In BBCP 2.0, it seems to be around 3-4 seconds. So the damage is more consistent, but a bit lower.

Nu13 unblockables next game:

Confirmed:

OD+100 meter: OD Calamity>RC>3C

Possibly doable:

50 Meter: 236236D>236[D]+4D full screen distance

no resources: j.B as low as possible>j.214[D]+2B

Kappa

I'm really excited about the changes and highly flexible Nu, but I am concerned (not upset though) that our defense is worse than ever - our only reversal (a metered one) was taken away, unfortunately. 2A poke is gonna be the main way to get out of pressure. 

I will miss 4B as well. Crescent is a much better overhead anyway, so it's not a big deal.

It looks like crescent really is the better overhead, but man, 4B combo routes are easy mode.

I also find it hilarious that Nu can catch you blocking midair with a sword and pressure you all the way down to the ground, continue pressuring, and reset with gravity for free.