Kiba

[CPEX] Tsubaki Video Thread (Updated 7/3/15)

You can do that without using 22D, it's a bit more difficult and does less damage but uses no charges,  5BB>5CC>236B>214B>delayed 22>5D>6BB>22>421A

The j236A oki (min 0.30) is nice, but so far I'm able to pull it off only on Ragna and Jin :| , on the others  the orb hits them, it's just me or it's really character specific?

You can do that without using 22D, it's a bit more difficult and does less damage but uses no charges,  5BB>5CC>236B>214B>delayed 22>5D>6BB>22>421A

Ah, the entire point of it is experimenting with being able to completely take the delay out of the equation. I just modified a combo route I came up with earlier.

Same tournament

Konan (TS) vs Yoshiki (NU)

Thanks; I didn't get a chance to go through the rest of the footage yet.  I think there's some Level5Chan and Svampen footage there too. :P

Looking at the Wara footage, he actually likes doing the 6C > 22 > 5D ender in the corner.

Also ODs at random and uses it as a reversal and pause button. Exactly what I do, but he does it way better.

Maybe not the best performance I ever did in terms of combos/executions since it's release, but was really fun nonetheless.

[05/17/2015] DeadliestxXx (TG) vs. Level5-Chan (TS) [Toryuken 4 - Winners Finals]
[05/17/2015] DeadliestxXx (TG) vs. Level5-Chan (TS) [Toryuken 4 - Grand Finals]

It was fun to watch. I noticed that you didn't spend a lot of charges in combos even though they only add on a little bit of damage most of the time. You were sitting on 5 a lot which isn't a rare occurrence in this matchup if you don't get magnetized. Were you just saving each of those 5 for making DPs safe or projectiles? I swear you could have killed him a couple times if you would have spent a charge or two out of the five in the combo.

Yeah, I know that.

This is the current me who haven't practiced a lot lately, so having to do ~4.5K+ combos with stocks haven't been caught up to me. Plus, it's freaking Tager. I'm too scared against grapplers, especially against one of my friends. So that's why I was too skeptical and want to play very safe, although it was a little bit too safe.

i thought you did well. nice job. I watched this live, but I do remember there were some matches you could've ended a bit earlier.  for example, by doing 6a>5CC>214D>CT routes. anyway, nice stuff. 

Yeah that was some good shit. He made a lot of good calls when Instant Blocking a projectile and choosing to either run across the ground or IAD based on what he thought Dogura would think he would do to get out of pressure. Konan did a ton of right off the ground j.A > Air Backdash to avoid spike chaser and a bunch of other shit and it was really really neat.

He kept doing 2C > 22B ender and I am super curious about this. If he had done 236A > 214B > 22 in these cases after landing the 2C when Nu was that close to the ground, there would have been no air tech window regardless of the starter. Dogura could have easily teched in the air before touching the ground from the S starter combos with this ender though I guess he was too scared to do so. Was he fishing for the air tech maybe? Was he after the extra guaranteed charge that you get from cancelling into 5D out of the non-followup version of 22B? You do get a knockdown from doing this off of an N starter so maybe he just didn't want to complete the combo with an air ender, 2C by itself, or a fully charged followup 22B while Nu's back was to the corner. Is it a timing thing?

Examples:

3:47

11:03

15:43

17:27

21:07

21:32

21:39

25:59

32:39

35:57

44:06

Possible spoiler down there :

He doesn't care about getting longer KD. Nu doesn't have a reversal so he doesn't need any special oki setup. Also, Dogura almost never roll (he did it twice in the entire match, and got caught both time).

The most amazing thing is that he never lets the pressure down. He will always reset with RC when he can. Something install gauges don't do at all, another reason to not go for longer KD.

Konan outmatched Dogura really hard here. He was just... better at everything : decision making, okizeme, neutral...

Oh yeah that one match where he perfected Dogura for rolling forward twice after getting a corner knockdown at round start was godlike. You can't roll forward against Konan if your back is to the corner.

I'm just gonna put it out there.

Dogura has NFC how to play the matchup.  I suspect he's barely played it and konan has played it a lot.

I had a feeling. He didn't adapt in the places you would have expected him to.

Who does Konan fight all the time? Yoshiki?

he is pressing buttons and getting hit at too many standard places. like 2b(whiff)2bb on wakeup, extremely standard stuff like that. also konan's play in neutral is very standard play vs Nu, and Dogura looked totally lost. Konan still would've been losing a lot if his D wasn't so good. He blocked soooooo much stuff.

And Konan would be playing yoshiki pretty regularly.