Kiba

[CPEX] Tsubaki Video Thread (Updated 7/3/15)

Well, that much at least is smart - if you're going to have a character with followup normals, giving them crappy P2 is a stupid idea.

Heh. So I guess our C Distortion STILL doesn't do anything special in OD?  Good one, Arc Sys. "All Distortions will do something extra now in OD" indeed. :P

Oh it does do something special. It has a followup that can be combo'd out of. So if you don't want to blow the charges on Mugen you can 236236C during an OD combo and build some charges during the animation of the DD.

What I have been seeing posted by the Japanese Tsubakis recently is 236236C > 236236D after building up 5 charges during OD. And this is a lot of damage. Still, that is 100 heat and an OD. Gotta get that specific confirm while having X resource, Y resource, and Z health left for the combo to work and whatnot. You know, the usual.

Very interesting combo by Kuresu. I wonder how difficult it is to do 214B > d22 > 5D > 6BB > 22 in the corner.

Wara (TS) vs Ikegami(BA)

Wara (TS) vs Maru (HZ)

Super large amounts of OD-reversals. Which USUALLY paid off in some way.

I thought I was the only one who did this, at least with the frequency seen in this video. Well that's pretty neat. I wonder why he did so damn many. It is funny because I can even see when he was trying to OD but bursted instead because it happens to me all the damn time. I just really don't like bursting anymore because it seems like a waste of resources, though this does change depending on matchup.

Also in the Bang fight I noticed that 22B knocks back on hit even if it isn't fully charged. This pretty much means that there is no hit type difference between regular 22B, followup 22B, and fully charged 22B only that fully charged non-followup 22B wallsticks in the corner. That kind of really sucks.

Combo Video (If it was posted here before, I missed it)

I guess this is nice, but I'm really not feeling a few of these combos. I mean, I'm going to have to get used to them but they seem kind of constricting.

Wonder how oki will happen or if Tsubaki even gets oki in 2.0. I've seen videos of the corner j.236A done, but it is super difficult and even more character specific than it currently is so that is out the window.

I've seen footage of players like Wara attempt to use the new 421D after they end a combo now that it has Volante-like acceleration, but it seems way more gimmicky than I would have expected it to be.

I mean, I love me my gimmicks, but there has to be some sort of solid play that Tsubaki has to work with so that I am not forced into only using gimmicks and abnormal enders since they only work like once or never.

Kuresu vs:

XDF (JI)

At 5:54 you can see the new effect of a 22D counterhit. It no longer makes them bounce back to you so I don't think 6C followup is possible since Kuresu used 2B. That's kind of disappointing. Hopefully that was just done in the spur of the moment and 6C is still possible.

Guess it isn't that bad because of the global P2 boosts.

The more I look at how other characters changed, the more I see Tsubaki's damage buff as a standardization more than an actual buff. I was sort of okay with her losing stuff just for straight damage buffs (though not really because it is the absolute laziest way to "fix" her possible), but now it isn't looking so hot.

Looking now at relative combo damage with respect to confirms/screen positioning, especially when compared to 2.0 Jin and Ragna, her damage only really got moved up to the relative position it was to Jin/Ragna right now in 1.1. I know this is sort of limiting to my perspective by just looking at these two characters, but the way it is making it seem like is that Arc took a handful of good things away from Tsubaki and then gave her enough damage so that she wouldn't be completely left in the dust by the other characters.

I appreciate you guys linking vids. Can I ask a favour though? Can you also post the dates if applicable, it'll really help me.

[10/21/2014] Setoka (TS) vs Shino (NO)

[10/21/2014] Setoka (TS) vs Akashi (AZ)

[10/21/2014] Tsuba (TS) vs Mioon (NO)

[10/27/2014] Goro (MK) vs Kuresu (TS)

[10/31/2014] Goro (MK) VS Kuresu (TS)

[11/11/2014] Yuri chan (TS) vs mion (NO)

[11/11/2014] Yuri chan (TS) vs heito (MK)

[11/11/2014] Yuri chan (TS) vs Ran (AZ)

[11/11/2014] Yuri chan (TS) vs nisshi (CA)

[11/11/2014] Yuri chan (TS) vs YENGE (JI)

[11/11/2014] Yuri chan (TS) vs GS (KG)

[11/15/2014] Wara (TS) vs Ikegami(BA)

[11/15/2014] Wara (TS) vs Maru (HZ)

[11/15/2014] Poko (AZ) vs Alisa Reinford (TS)

[11/15/2014] Hachimitsu (TS) vs tetsuraku (BU)

[11/15/2014] Ranposu (HK) vs Alisa Reinford (TS)

[11/15/2014] Osaka Taiga (TS) vs Tsujikawa (TK)

[11/18/2014] Setoka (TS) vs YENGE (JI)

[11/18/2014] Setoka (TS) vs Hibari (TS)

[11/18/2014] Setoka (TS) vs GS (KS)

[11/18/2014] Setoka (TS) vs Barell (TG)

[12/12/2014] Kuresu (TS) vs Kiyoshi No Yoru (NU)

[12/12/2014] Kuresu (TS) vs XDF (JI)

[12/12/2014] Kuresu (TS) vs Yuuto (TK)

[12/13/2014] Spinoza (TS) vs Yuuji (NU)

[12/13/2014] Spinoza (TS) vs "Dog B" (VK)

[12/22/2014] ??? (TS) VS Dennou (JI)

[12/30/2014] ??? (TS) VS Mitsurugi (HZ)

[12/30/2014] Konan (TS) VS Bakuga (BA) 

[12/30/2014] Konan (TS) VS Fumi (LI)

Okay I labelled all the ones that were not labelled. Should have followed Frost Monarch's format, but now I know. Almost done doing combo list with heat gain.

Rah. Well I appreciate it!

Also yes yes everyone I know I haven't been around (and been slacking) but I'm letting you know I'm alive lol. Back to updating shiz.

Looks like 236C can be followed up with 5A if the opponent is at a certain height kind of like before in the corner. Only problem is that you end up on the other side so you pretty much completely give up ending in the corner. Konan does it to kill so I guess that's alright.

Also looks like following up CH 6BB midscreen can be done reliably with 236D > etc. now that 236X > 214D tracking is gone.

Thanks for helping! The first match is with Kaqn though, not Tetsuwo.

So... I guess Nu can just sortof run a blockstring forever at fullscreen, which is why Kuresu keeps trying to do stuff and getting hit by really dumb crap like 5D?

I'd imagine you just have to sit down and maybe try to IB and get meter because trying anything else gets you shot. I mean, you could try to trust that the Nu would get bored/tired of what they are doing and just stop at one point if you block everything they throw at you. Super jump barrier doesn't seem to work as well anymore because Nu can ground you again while you are blocking.

I havent gotten that much about Tsubaki in 2.0. I basically heard she got better damage but lost some of her tools.  Can someone explain to me?

I made a kind of list in the 2.0 gameplay discussion thread, but I make things seem a lot more negative than they might actually be. Errol, someone who has had real experience with 2.0, makes notes about how the change to j.214D gives Tsubaki better and more accessible corner carry and also that she benefits from some more subtle changes like decreased recovery on j.214X, increased speed of 236X, slightly faster charge rate, etc.

None of her changes make the Nu matchup any less painful, especially the loss of j.236A corner oki and loss of long slide on 22 followup.

I was really afraid of this, but one of the more recent Kuresu videos confirmed it. Followup 22[D] no longer causes wallbounce midscreen. Kinda kills the 22[D] > 6B/6C > 421A ghetto oki, but I guess I'll just try to come up with some more tricks.

I'm not sure if that's "followup 22D no longer causes wallbounce midscreen" or whether it's just "214B no longer launches high enough to get a full charge 22d?"?

Anyway. Shigekazu - the short version is that Tsubaki now has a combo route that does good damage off of practically anything, anywhere, but many of her other options have been removed.  Though information about CP2 changes has been a little scattered, overall.