Kiba

[CPEX] Tsubaki Video Thread (Updated 7/3/15)

Nah I'm pretty sure that was fully charged. Fully charging 22X takes much less time to do if you look at the Grab > 22 > etc. or 236B > 214B > 22[D] > 6CC > IAD > etc. corner combos. I remember it hitting full charge faster being brought up when the supposed 22 > 5D > 6C corner route was being talked about.

Udon is (or was, not sure how he fares now) one of the top Hazama players I think.

Wonder what he is doing. He did pretty alright as Tsubaki though and he seems to know the 2.0 combos.

That was actually posted some time ago. When I opened it I was hoping that it would be the second part of the combo video since I remember seeing that it originally had "Part 1" in its title. Is this Pujou's own youtube account? I like that an evernote link was included with combo notes.

Combo Video (If it was posted here before, I missed it)

Recent footage from Urban Square.

[3/15/2015] ??? (TS) VS Puromete (LI)

[3/15/2015] ??? (TS) VS ??? (CE)

[3/15/2015] ??? (TS) VS Nagakura (CA)

Glad to see players at least attempting 421D oki after a knockdown since I have not seen that much footage of its implementation regardless of how effective it actually is.

[3/15/2015] ??? (TS) VS Puromete (LI)

Glad to see players at least attempting 421D oki after a knockdown since I have not seen that much footage of its implementation regardless of how effective it actually is.

It definitely looks like another option for oki, but yeah, would like to see it used more to assess its effectiveness.

Since I don't see it posted here:  90 Minutes of Tsubaki vs Tager

There are a lot of clutch moments in that video, although at the same time there are a lot of nice combos which I need to add to the combo thread. Also if anyone wants names, it's Ayato vs Charin.

There are a lot of clutch moments in that video, although at the same time there are a lot of nice combos which I need to add to the combo thread. Also if anyone wants names, it's Ayato vs Charin.

Yeah, it's a lot of good matches and pretty informative too. Even if I did wince from time to time at an awkward combo drop.

This match (Tsu vs Rachel) is mostly garbage, but there's an interesting combo HERE, using j.236A > j.D in a corner combo.  Never seen anyone do that before. Not sure how much value it has, but it was interesting.

This match (Tsu vs Rachel) is mostly garbage, but there's an interesting combo HERE, using j.236A > j.D in a corner combo.  Never seen anyone do that before. Not sure how much value it has, but it was interesting.

I actually saw Spinoza talking about it a while ago. You can pull it off right now in 1.1 without any hassle.

With 22's slide you can actually do combos that get up to 1.5 charges mid combo by using this route. I was actually going to make a video about this as well, but I may as well hold off until 2.0.

You are essentially linking j.236A and j.B after the charge cancel by having the projectile hit which is really neat. It requires precise spacing though, so j.B is able to hit after the j.D cancel. You sacrifice ~500 damage to get more charges by the time the combo is done.

Oh yeah there are a few different variations to that and I see Konan using them as often as possible. You can use j.D in between for the sake of timing and get a bit less damage out of it because of only landing j.C instead of j.CC, but Konan just delays the followups in the air so well that once he touches the ground again he is able to catch the opponent with 2C rather than the much faster 5C.

I'm much more excited to try out the 236A > 214B > 22(delay) > 5D > 6C routes in the corner even though they are apparently pretty difficult to pull off. Probably very very dependent on how many normals were used before cancelling into 236A.

[3/11/2015] Kuno (TS) VS Fin (IZ)

Some pretty rare footage of the Izayoi matchup. That juggle combo in particular looks pretty hard to do consistently.

Seems that there is enough time after 623C > j.236D > j.214D to land a super. I don't think I have seen a combo so far if two charges are spent after a DP since they have new followup properties, so I guess it either isn't worth it or linking the super is the only way to follow it up.

Also I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing random neutral 236D hit into death or huge damage. Looks pretty fun to be able to hit like a truck if the resources are available.

Super may well be the only thing you can link after j.236D > j.214D; 236236D is literally our fastest move. But this is a pretty fringe situation - it's clear to me that they nerfed j.236D > j.214D pretty badly this time out, because, y'know, why would you want something that costs two charges to be good?

Well it is specifically j.236D > j.214D after 623C. If you use the two of them normally or after 623D then the knockdown after the aura gives enough time to link 6C and go into a combo. It is just going along with the property changes on each of the "followup versions" of each of her specials.

I mean, we get less damage off of 623C with charges spent, but even I think it would be ridiculous if they allowed for the 6C followup after a DP midscreen with how much her damage got buffed. I think that a combo can be done off of 623D so that gives incentive to gamble the charge away if you want damage off of a DP.

I actually like how they changed the j.236D > j.214D aura this time around though. Instead of flinging the opponent into the air so that we'd have to catch them with 6C or another normal, they just get grounded. This is an amazing change consistency-wise for combos using the aura. I really really hate that certain characters like Azrael get launched differently by the air aura in 1.1 so you are discouraged from using the route entirely. Azrael in particular is annoying because he will sometimes get launched behind you which is godawful. I'm glad that they pretty much changed it so that you will get the followup on every character.

One thing I will miss, though, is the 623C > j.236D > j.214B(w) > 2B2C > 236B > 214B > 22 side switch route that you can do off of a DP right now. This worked wonders for when you DP with your back to the corner which happens a lot. I'm pretty sure that you can get something similar in 2.0 off of a successful DP if you do a delayed j.236A whiff and catch with 5C2C into the new 236C with cross through attribute.

I guess I just haven't seen anyone do a non-followup j.236D > j.214 (This move needs a name, ugh.) because I don't remember seeing anyone pick up after this, it always just seems to ground the opponent in front of you for practically less time than it takes to tap D.