Kurushii

[CP2.0] Kokonoe - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I really thought blue fire was because the player was playing on 2p side...

Im sorry if this is the wrong thread, but could anyone point me towards some recommended BBCPEX Kokonoe combos?

Is it just me, or does:

5B>5C>3C>5A>6A>6C>Stuff

Not work on Ragna? The 5A after the 3C seems to whiff

Is it just me, or does:

5B>5C>3C>5A>6A>6C>Stuff

Not work on Ragna? The 5A after the 3C seems to whiff

IIRC it doesn't work on Ragna, Makoto, and one other I can't remember.

Does her 6a got changed on extend? Why I feel its not as good as in 1.1 for anti airing, or is it just me?

I think the hitbox got nerfed a bit. I haven't played any matches yet but 5B > 6A doesn't combo on standing anymore, at least not for all characters, so it's probably been changed a bit.

Edit: That could just be a 5B change though, I'm not sure. Is there a changelist anywhere?

Edited by dive-slam

Yeah, we need the complete change list, Im not really confident with her 6a now, most of time I just block even though I know I can react with 6a lol

Anyway how to fight nu? Im really strugling, her 5dd 4dd 5dd sickle blockstring really lock me down, she got the answer for anything that I do after blockng the sickle, deploying graviton for teleport also risky, Im confused on how to play this match up

Im sorry but i was looking though all the reply's and i might of passed it but..whats gameplan? or like the overall things you should do with her? im experimenting with new characters and she seems pretty cool

Im sorry but i was looking though all the reply's and i might of passed it but..whats gameplan? or like the overall things you should do with her? im experimenting with new characters and she seems pretty cool

Umm I think the main idea is get a knockdown and set her gadget?

You can use her drive/graviton to control position too like pushing away those without zoning capability or to approach zoner via teleport

Well maybe other can explain it better lol

Anyway, got another question, whats the disadvantage on doing ~236b 5b 5c 22b corner oki compared to ~236b 5c 22b one?

I like this one better than the old 5c 22b since it force opponent to tech faster, I dont need to time my meaty, just need to mash 2b right after it lol

Umm I think the main idea is get a knockdown and set her gadget?

You can use her drive/graviton to control position too like pushing away those without zoning capability or to approach zoner via teleport

Well maybe other can explain it better lol

Anyway, got another question, whats the disadvantage on doing ~236b 5b 5c 22b corner oki compared to ~236b 5c 22b one?

I like this one better than the old 5c 22b since it force opponent to tech faster, I dont need to time my meaty, just need to mash 2b right after it lol

5C 22B lets you do 214A after 22B and block in time to block stuff 6F or slower (hotenjin) and you can set another 22B when the fireball comes down to make them block.

Kokonoe does want the knockdown, ultimately. You want to get the foe in an oki situation. Knowing how to use her gadgets and managing her resources well (graviton, meter) will go a long way in determining what you can do in future advantageous situations such as oki. Knowing how her normals operate with and without graviton is also mandatory. You need to make every hit count and also, how to create space using your faster attacks.

5C 22B lets you do 214A after 22B and block in time to block stuff 6F or slower (hotenjin) and you can set another 22B when the fireball comes down to make them block.

I used to do that in 1.1, but the ball fall really slow now, it might be a good variation though

I'll stick to 5b 5c for now since my friends tend to tech asap, free 50:50 high/low (j2c/2b) lol

the ball falling slower is exactly what makes it so good. By the time the ball comes down, you can set up another lightning rod then do more blockstrings.

What do I do to stop rolling and backstepping out of my moves? 
For example after a 22B setup in the corner and miscreen or just a regular pickup after 236A/B.

What do I do to stop rolling and backstepping out of my moves? 

For example after a 22B setup in the corner and miscreen or just a regular pickup after 236A/B.

On midscreen if they roll backward use 3c, if they roll forward use 2a/2b?

Im not really sure myself since I usually just set 22b after bunker midscreen and play another neutral game (except againts haz and nu, just chase them lol)

On corner if you use 5b 5c 22b ender, mashing 2b after 22b will prevent them from late teching and rolling since 2b will catch them (and the 22b will hit afterward, free combo)