Kurushii

[CP2.0] Kokonoe - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Chip Damage Setup:

X>B Bunker>5C>delay9D>5B>5C>TK B superball, or regular C superball

2B(1)>Ice gun

If nontech:

2B>some superball>Icegun>some bullets>Rest of Superball>236D>5C>22B oki

On Neutral tech:

2B>some superball>Icegun>some Bullets>rest of Superball>236D>6B>delay 5C>2C>236B>5C>22B oki

On Neutral tech and block:

2B(block)>Super Ball Blockstun>Ice gun>More Superball>ball floats in front of them>another ice gun blocked (total 2.5K chip from ice guns, more from ball)

Any CF changelog for the pink cat? A footage would be better if theres any

This is all I found in the CF Loketest News thread. Not much but beggars can't be choosers I suppose

B ver of Broken Bunker is gone, in exchange she has a new move Solid Wheel. Solid wheel is a move where Kokonoe charges forward together with a spinning mecha. It is affected by her Graviton's attraction and repulsion. To put it simply, it's the same as her fireball. Seeing Kokonoe spin above a Graviton or charge forward as a result of repulsive forcce is very amusing, so please try this out.

A Bunker now explodes a short while after hit (Even during guard?) 3C->5A cannot combo now, but 3C->A Bunker->5A now combos.

This is all I found in the CF Loketest News thread. Not much but beggars can't be choosers I suppose

Thanks, very little info about her.... Guess just need to wait then

I hope nine is playable too later lol

New oki setup idea:

X>236B>665C>5D>5C>214A/B>22B

Graviton is weakened compared to 1.1 so they fall to the ground faster (Emergency tech/nontech over airtech). Fireball catches rolls thanks to graviton pull slowing it down a bit.

After setting lightning you can pick up after fireball. with like 5B>236D or something.

Improved corner oki:

X>236B>5C>5D>5C>22B>214A

Out of DP range, doesn't bluebeat, can't be rolled, meatys regular tech with lightning, meatys latetech with fireball.

X>3C>5A>6A>6C>j.D>j.B>j.236D>22B>5C>214A>5C>2C>236B>22B>66/44 tech chase.

The fireball lets them tech way before bunker explosion and meatys them in the air. You can 66/44 to make it a 50/50

if bunker hits or they don't tech, lightning hits them.

on bluebeat just 5C knockdown
on new combo, 6C>stuff.

i have a somewhat vague question. how do i use graviton in neutral? most people don't seem to respect them and they just mash or air dash away. i understand you cn disrespect alot of things with them but i can't really find any information that goes in depth. i'm awful at figuring out stuff like this on my own. also are there any good black gole set ups i should know? i heard alot of are character specific now.

Mainly you want to use them in a way that will pull the foe away from you, via 6d. In neutral where you are unsure what is going to happen next, but you have enough time and graviton to set one out, 6d is a no-brainer: fireball approaches at an angle that makes it difficult to intrude on you from the air, while graviton steadily pulls the foe toward itself, and if they are sandwiched between the graviton and you, you have the opportunity to push them really quick toward you for a dirty setup.

6d fireball won't always punish attempts to jump. Against characters who like to be in the air, or particularly flighty foes, 9d fireball is better. Same pulling effect as 6d, except the fireball hovers right above their head indefinitely. Makes ground approach difficult and can't really jump either. But this setup takes more time and doesn't really cover horizontal ground too well, so if the foe chooses to they can just try to run in. It's times like this where you need to rely on 22b, 3c, and activate.

if you have a patient foe you may be wondering how to approach. They aren't giving you an opportunity to push them into you as they are staying on or in front of the graviton, and they keep blocking the fireball. Then you can just teleport or dash in. Still try always to cover yourself with a fireball in case they want to mash on teleport as it's not that hard to see coming. If you dash in it doesn't have as much synergy with fireball, but you can also stay safer and use your normals to zone and get offensive momentum. Alternatively, learn how to keep the fireballs coming one after the other after the last hit/block of the current one (4 hits total). This will help your teleport game so it's not as predictable, and pretty much force the foe to react or take the incoming pressure. (Remember to try always to teleport in in the FIRST hit/block of the fireball, to get as much frame advantage as possible.)

there is also superball, something I sometimes use in neutral when the foe's health is low. 5d is gold for this, it pulls the foe into the ball which has a lot of active frames and trades with a lot of stuff, often leaving kokono with the advantage of auto baiting most dp's, getting an unseeable mixup or two, and still having 50/50's.

just keep in mind that while she can zone she needs graviton to do pressure and combos as well. The nature of the character is that you need to depend on a combination of her normals, projectiles, and high mobility to be effective in neutral against most characters.

to summarize:

get out 6d or 9d normally

get out fireball, or get ready to use activate for a quick setup

run and teleport are approach tools

longer normals and 22a/b are your safest and fastest attacks against many characters. Will have to know what is most effective in each matchup.

did that cover your question?

Another fun oki setup for 50 meter:

X>3C>5A>5B>6A>22A>66[A]>5D>5C>6C>236[D]>j.B>22B+]D[>5C>214A>5C>2C>236B(1)>RC>2C(SMP)>22C>6B/2B

Works off of: 2B(1)>5C>3C or 6B>5C>3C

so this makes it so you get a restand and 2C SMPs while it still has its minimum hitstun. The fireball comes down and hits once. Just once. Then the combo is over with 3 hits of fireball left. Your teleport will make any sort of reversal whiff and the fireball will force them to block the next 3 hits. (or get hit). If it  hits just finish the combo with the typical 5A>5B>6A>5B>5C>3C>22B

If its blocked, you can 6B or 2B for an invisible mixup ( visual blocked by fireball). The mixup you get is weaker than typical 236B>5C>22B>214A oki but this takes away any sort of reversal and escape options your opponent has. I just use it on people who are DP happy.

Anyone familiar with the vs Taokaka matchup and can offer any advice? I'm not really sure how to keep her in check and I was lost on figuring out any gaps in her pressure that I could get out of during a tournament match. Granted there are a lot of matchups that I simply don't know and try to figure out on the fly, but with Tao, even after the match I don't remember much except she was harder to anti air than most characters and blocking was tougher to get away from without dead angle/counter assault imo.