Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

[CPEX] Celica A. Mercury Gameplay Discussion Thread

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Use this thread to discuss anything related to Celica A. Mercury gameplay. Please follow the site rules and keep discussion on topic !

Normals/Special Moves

5A
5a.png

5B
5B.png

5C
5c.png

5D / 5D2 / 5D3
5D.png5d2.png236c.png

2A
2A.png

2B
2B.png

2C
2c.png

2D / 2D2 / 2D3
2D.png2d2.png214b-2d3.png

6A
6A.png6A2.png

6B
6b.png

6C
6C.png

6D / 6D2 / 6D3 
6D.png6d2.png6D3.png

j.A
-

j.B
jB.png

j.C
jC.png

j.D
jD2.png

Throw
Trhow.png

Crush Trigger

-

j214A Pic Confit
j236a.png

236B - Arc Griller
236b.png

214B - Marteau Flan 
214b-2d3.png

236C - Hache Rotir
236c.png

214C - Lance Quiche
6D3.png

632146A - Armure Sorbet
632146A.png

632146B - Saber Anglaise
632146B.png

632146C - Casque Veloute
632146C.png

Celica Colors

BzdKhcTCQAAJFXA.jpg
Higher Resolution Link

She probably gonna have a move that heals herself and so she will have that carl/tao health were it's hella low. Probably gonna look like Lizzy from p4u when healing

I think that she be like a persona character with her A and B normals being regular attacks and the rest being done by Minerva

She's interacting with Minerva during a non-distortion move, so I can assume she does not work like Carl, in that the puppet's specials can be independently operated. If Celica is needed for one/all of her specials, then we'd have to assume ether Minerva can teleport to Celica's side or that she can never leave Celica's side.

However, in the picture, there is no clear sign of Minerva teleporting to Celica's side for her special (although that may be because the photo was taken at time in the moves duration where any "teleportation graphics" would have faded)

I have my own questions about a stand like style for Minerva. I wonder if she could actually jump to follow Celica into the air, as it doesn't look like she's flight enabled like Ignis. If she did would they move completely in unison or would there be a Ice climbers/Taox2 style delay between the two? If she's as "beginner friendly" a "puppet character" as I've been led to believe I would assume the former to be true.

It makes me think will she work exactly how the stand characters worked in the PS1 Jojo's game. Relius is close to it but not exactly. Iirc in Jojo, normals "changed" when you had your Stand active. Not so much "you gained access to new moves but kept your regular ones" like Relius has with Ignis's D moves. What I mean is Celica having 2 5Cs. When Minerva is unactive and active. Kind of like Izayoi's Normal Mode and Gain Art differences. It was still possible for a lot of Stands to act independently from their users in the game though

It makes me think will she work exactly how the stand characters worked in the PS1 Jojo's game. Relius is close to it but not exactly. Iirc in Jojo, normals "changed" when you had your Stand active. Not so much "you gained access to new moves but kept your regular ones" like Relius has with Ignis's D moves. What I mean is Celica having 2 5Cs. When Minerva is unactive and active. Kind of like Izayoi's Normal Mode and Gain Art differences. It was still possible for a lot of Stands to act independently from their users in the game though

I can definitely see that. But how would Minerva be able to act autonomously, as is the requirement of true puppet characters, when she's going to be involved in Cel's other normals? Would it work out like Relius where her D normals are independent and only her command specials change with Minerva out? Or would she be a puppet character only in name, who who treats Minerva as more of a power-up mode or alternate set of normals rather than a conventional puppet?

How did these stands change the properties their user's movesets while remaining, at times, independent?

Well it can't be too long before we get some sort of video or somethin, right? I mean, we got a trailer for Terumi and Kagura like a week or so after their article got released (or my concept of time is WAAAAAY off). All I'm tryin to say is it shouldn't be too long before we get some teases at what the new characters will play like.

I can definitely see that. But how would Minerva be able to act autonomously, as is the requirement of true puppet characters, when she's going to be involved in Cel's other normals? Would it work out like Relius where her D normals are independent and only her command specials change with Minerva out? Or would she be a puppet character only in name, who who treats Minerva as more of a power-up mode or alternate set of normals rather than a conventional puppet?

How did these stands change the properties their user's movesets while remaining, at times, independent?

In Jojo's activating a stand would change a large portion of the characters normals. Like Jotaro, his Standless 5A is a short ranged knee. But with the Stand activated it becomes a jab (pretty much all his normals change but not every character is like that). Some other characters would sometimes keep the same animation but the range would be buffed because the Stand would also throw out a limb. Specials would sometimes have two forms as well. Where if you used them with your Stand off you could usually act independently from the Stand while they're doing the move. But with the Stand on they usually were stuck in recovery. But I think the Stand variations did more damage. Cant remember. You could spend one meter to have your Stand do a set sequence of normals if you input them as well. Kind of like Daisharin. And you could do whatever you like during this time while the Stand is hitting away.

Might have made a mistake here or there because its been 2 years since I looked into the game. But you get the idea... I hope. Here a CMV to see it in action. If she worked like an Active Stand character that'd be extremely cool. But since she's for "beginners", I dunno.

I'm expecting her to be another mode change character, where 5D just changes between Doll and Dolless modes.

Extremely, impossibly unlikely, but it would be hilarious if Celica was the puppet but hits on her receives the damage :P. 

On a serious note, didn't I read that she would be designed for newcomers? That would mean she can't be initially complicated as Relius or Carl. 

So they claim, but I'm not entirely convinced with how "easy" characters are to them. Took Izayoi and made her one of the most complex characters in the game (compared to a 26 character cast). I want her to be a bit more complicated, or at least not so straightforward that she doesn't feel fun, mostly for selfish reasons such as not having 30 Celica mains on at the same time. I hate playing overplayed characters (Relius ftw, like 5 of us online?)

Like I was sayin before, how long you guys feel like it'll be till we get a trailer? Seeing both the hopefully completely new character designs in action would really build up some hype

So they claim, but I'm not entirely convinced with how "easy" characters are to them. Took Izayoi and made her one of the most complex characters in the game (compared to a 26 character cast). 

Fair point. Was Izayoi suppose to be not too hard? I know what you mean. I enjoy not seeing so many Robo-Ky, A.B.A. or even Tsubaki players sometime. 

I assume their would be some loketests first maybe. Or do they generally just go ahead and release the new characters in the arcades. Fall is quite soon and that's only a few months. 

So they claim, but I'm not entirely convinced with how "easy" characters are to them. Took Izayoi and made her one of the most complex characters in the game (compared to a 26 character cast). I want her to be a bit more complicated, or at least not so straightforward that she doesn't feel fun, mostly for selfish reasons such as not having 30 Celica mains on at the same time. I hate playing overplayed characters (Relius ftw, like 5 of us online?)

Like I was sayin before, how long you guys feel like it'll be till we get a trailer? Seeing both the hopefully completely new character designs in action would really build up some hype

I feel the exact sentiment here. It's like you took the words outta my mouth then made them awesome.

http://tinyurl.com/otmfpcb

Looks like we'll be having to heal the droid as a distortion, I was afraid of that kinda doll management...

What do all make of the position Celica is in relation to Minerva in this pic? What do you think are the implications of having to heal the doll, how will this affect her play? Do you think they'll make the doll more powerful/burn quicker/recover slower so that there is reason for this move?

http://tinyurl.com/otmfpcb

Looks like we'll be having to heal the droid as a distortion, I was afraid of that kinda doll management...

What do all make of the position Celica is in relation to Minerva in this pic? What do you think are the implications of having to heal the doll, how will this affect her play? Do you think they'll make the doll more powerful/burn quicker/recover slower so that there is reason for this move?

Uh... JBBS is telling me that's a reversal move called "Ash Rôtir".

Uh... JBBS is telling me that's a reversal super called "Ash Rotir".

Ooooh really? O_o'

Dropped the ball on that one I did. I wonder why she's facing her action barbie instead of the oncoming void then? I wonder if it's both a heal ball and a reversal...

Does "Ash Rotir" actually translate to anything or is it cool sounding gibberish?

Does "Ash Rotir" actually translate to anything or is it cool sounding gibberish?

Rôtir is French, it means "to roast". Basically the attack's name is "Ash Roast".

So some kind of fire attack maybe? The ash part could be referring to a pheonix's healing cycles and all that, so I'm not ruling out healing as a side effect.

#Next level speculations, Myoro style.

I think it's just a healing Distortion for Celica, but it takes a while so Hakumen has run behind her so he's not near Minerva.
But if she's healing herself then she must tie with Carl for lowest health, heck, maybe lower, even by 500.

Ah, turns out the jBBS guy was wrong, Ash Rotir is a different move in different screen on that page.

Also, her stage appears to be in Ishana... in the past. There's mages flying in the background on broomsticks.