Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

[CPEX] Celica A. Mercury Gameplay Discussion Thread

^ Was about to ask the exact same question.

As someone who is definitely interested in the character and digging for higher level footage to observe and develop ideas with any little bit helps. She's definitely fun in her own right I'm just working on wrapping my head around what the character is capable of at her scariest (although admittedly the notion of no pushback on big buttons is a pretty scary thing, particularly considering her metered damage and options in the corner). 

You may not know me, but i'm here to sho you the world :ballSHO: 
Ok not that, but I am here to both sho and ask something.

1) show and tell: When BBCPEX first came out, I took it upon myself to make a Celica doc to later show other people who either wanted to pickup and learn the character or have a document with information to reference back to if someone forgets something about the character. --> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_au_XRHo7TfWvJU-mB3qCtzfs8J3Dv40NMlMuyy_EvM/edit?usp=sharing<--(view only copy) It is still pretty empty since i've been dealing with real world issues and haven't gotten the time to keep filling it out. it is filled out with some basic stuff like going over her moves/drives, but it is missing things like combos, a strengths/weakness slot, etc.
2)I need you: Due to the reason above, I'm looking for knowledgeable Celica mains to help with completing the document. You'll be given a link to the editable version of the document for if you to add info and depending on how many people take the offer a group for the document will be made.

Hey Surf, thanks for all the information, was really great to read. Slight note: Watching you play Celica at CEO was part of why I decided to pick her up. Too swaggy. 

I'm curious to know though, what do you all use for your pressure string in the corner? I've been doing 5B > 5C > 3C > 5D, 6D, 6D back into a 5B to try to bait 2A/2B punishes and it works out against some of the cast but I'm sure there's better pressure options. Any suggestions would be very appreciated as info on pressure strings usually isn't kicking around. 

Hm. I didn't really talk to anyone I didn't know but Im good with faces. Who were you

Usually I free form strings in the corner. Might do specific ones on certain characters or situations. The last thing you really want to do is go into her D's. Maybe once, if the opponent doesnt know how to deal with it. Once is enough to see if they do or not. If they do, never go into it. If they dont, then do it every now and again. Some example strings I can think of are

5B > 6B > 2C

5B > 2B > 2C > (3C) - end at 3C

5B > neutral jump j.C > 5B > 2B > etc

Keep resetting the strings and see when the opponent tends to want to get out. From there, go for frametraps to stop button pressing and upback attempts. 5B is usually a staple because you can get 2B/6B off at ranges where if you did them naked they wouldn't connect. While Celica stays stationary Minerva actually retains her prior positioning as you gatling through her normals. So when doing strings keep that in mind

Surf was at CEO with Celica? Are there any videos?

Just one match. I was a fool and used Izayoi in losers semi's (at least i think it was semi's) against Eshi. Should've stuck to Celica. I feel like in the match I wasn't even going for my usual pressure often enough. Might have been the tourne nerves

04:29:00

As for that google doc I'll read through it eventually. Maybe tonight. Not making any promises that I'll edit and/or work on it though. 

It's no pressure. The doc is sort of just an effort to organize things for the character since it's been a little bit scarce. Any input would be awesome.

I can fill in the document with more combos I don't know how to explain things like pros and cons

Also surf I tested the 6B CH combo and for me i only got the thrusters to work at the peak height of 6B was it like that for you too or does it just differ from character to character I did it on terumi

I got to test the 6B CH combo on Hakumen and it worked from near-max height when I delayed the 214[C] a tiny bit.. The microdash 5C is a bit of a struggle cause if you don't do it right, the 214[C] after the 6C won't hit with the thrusters.

On the note of Celica pressure, I usually don't use D normals or 5C. 5C doesn't really allow for too much since you can only go into 3C, D normals or specials after. I mix up 5B and 6B jump cancels, 2A, 2B, 2C, throws and sometimes Crush Trigger if I got the meter. A string I do sometimes would be like 5B>2B>2C - 2A>6B>jc>j.B>stuff. Depends on how much the opponent respects.

You can 6C after 5C for a frametrap. But 5C isn't usually the spot where opponents tend to act up. It stops an upback attempt as well. Delay 3C always frametraps/stops upback so you can do either or really. Both have sizable amounts of untech (3C on CH) where you can react and confirm. Only gatling I really wish she had was 5C > 2C. And maybe 6C into D normals.

Best thing to do when you fight an opponent for the first time and get them in the corner is to delay your strings as you pressure. Punish them for even attempting to get out with frametraps. Once you instill them with fear/respect, you get more leeway on what pressure options are available to you. Even strings that leave you minus afterwards can be used to frametrap simply due to the distance between you and the opponent.

Sorry to double post. If iI edited the last one no one would've seen my impression from reading the google doc.

- A majority of Celica's moves actually dont have large amount of recovery. Only ones that stick out to me are 236B/j.214A (Only can really be punished if they block it pointblank). The issue I see other people have when fighting her is she can't particulary be punished easily due to the spacing shes at/her low amount of recovery frames on her move. I mean punished in the sense that if something gets blocked, you cant block in return due to you still going through the last frames of recovery. Many of Celica's moves give her the option to block afterwards. Only time you'd be punished if you tried to extend pressure after said minus move. Many of her moves on whiff have low recovery frames at well (6B da gawd)

Other than that the doc looks fine. Pros and Cons were pretty much established in the wiki and they're accurate. Maybe put more emphasis on her pushback negation since its the apex of her gameplay. More detailed explanations here and there could help too

Last time I checked her wiki was about 30% done. And her frame/gatling page was pretty much untouched. Guess no ones willing to do it. I can compile the information but I don't have the time to go through the wiki and edit it all in. Nor do I even remember how to do it really. 

And before anyone asks if I can recommend any JP Celica's to watch. I don't have any. I watched Kaqn before the game came out and stopped once I had my hands on it. I wouldnt really recommend watching him. But tbh watch any one you feel most comfortable with

While I'm new to the site and the game (Picked up CPEX a few days ago, been playing ACPR for a couple of months), I'm pretty experienced in wiki editing. If you compile the information I'll be happy to put it all onto the wiki pages.

It even benefits me since I want to use Celica, but the lack of information is making it a lot harder than it is for other characters.

While I'm new to the site and the game (Picked up CPEX a few days ago, been playing ACPR for a couple of months), I'm pretty experienced in wiki editing. If you compile the information I'll be happy to put it all onto the wiki pages.

It even benefits me since I want to use Celica, but the lack of information is making it a lot harder than it is for other characters.

Thanks. It'll probably be a slow process of me getting everything down in a doc though. Probably need to go to a moderator for editing privileges as well.

Strategy, combos, extended explanations on normals and such, and oki is what I have in mind to go over

The wiki seems to be open to public editing, I added Celica's Astral name/input earlier without even having to create an account.

The wiki seems to be open to public editing, I added Celica's Astral name/input earlier without even having to create an account.

I don't think it's supposed to be that way. I'll notify shtkn.

I created another topic about this:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/11093-may-i-have-help-adding-or-getting-info-to-celicas-bbcpe-dustloop-wiki-page/

Hopefully other people who come here can input and we can discuss stuff to put on the Wiki!

Oh, well then. Forgot about this thread due to the DL migration making Tapatalk not load it on my phone for a good week. Wiki's format has been reworked but still doesn't have info added to it.Frame Data is mostly filled out in her moveset page but detailed descriptions of her moves are only about 50% done. Nothing in Strategy and nothing in Combos. Public editing shouldn't have been a thing so what or rather who edits in the information now. 

Hiya, i'm still new to CPEX and Celica ( under 10 hours playtime perhaps ). Some questions on her gameplay

- Which is the better option for anti-air? 6B or 236C?

- I've seen some people ( shikkoku ) use 6D as a way out of pressure, is there some invulnerability in it?

6b definitely, less to input, very good hitbox, options in hit or block, not as glaringly obvious or punishable as 236c. It's only con would be that it's vertically challenged but because it beats even deep jumpins, it's worth using.

does 6d have invulnerable? Not sure, pretty certain it does not though, likely just foot or lower body invulnerable after a few frames, should beat 2a reset attempts, throws, and any low profile moves in general, and leads to good damage on hit.

I like her shoes. Plus she wasn't too hard to pick up at all, so she ended up being a sub before even I knew it lol

Lulz. Welcome to the force. We have plenty of empty seats.

But as for anti-airing, 6B is definitely the better choice. Gets better reward on CH and much safer overall. You see Shikkoku use 6D1 out of low jabs or such cause it has 1F foot invul, which is something that isn't known much but definitely useful to remember. Leads to a pretty easy conversion too.

2 hours ago, Ninzaburo said:

Anyone can help me with tips in challenge 17, please? Specially in the 6D > RC > 214[C] part.

Nothing really to say except do it really fast like as soon as you RC you want 214[C] startup to be happening