Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

[CPEX] Celica A. Mercury Gameplay Discussion Thread

I´m just hopping that Mori will troll all the fans and in the end Minerva will be the usable character and Celica will be only her drive :P

As a Carl Clover main, I am excited to learn that Celica will have Ex Machina: Minevra fight along side her. Though, I can't say that I'll pick her up as a sub, since Carl is hard to use but yields a higher reward. She'll probably have lower health, since she is a healer. I like the idea that everyone is throwing around: Minevra being the one you control while Celica is the one moving about the stage performing silly/cute animations. Though with that screenshot of the 2A, it is obviously Celica performing the normal. She's supposedly "easy to use", so it'll be interesting to see what an easy to use puppet user would play like.

At the same time I'm hyped for a new character but if her drive is going to circle around healing herself... Don't we have Ragna for that?

Maybe Minerva has her own gauge which won't automatically refill so Celica needs to heal her... It's a possibility.

I think the article only mentions Celica using her OD to heal herself, so we still don't know how her Drive works. I don't think it's going to be used for Minerva attacks, since that leaves way too many buttons for Celica's solo attacks, but we just don't have enough info beyond "She's a healer and fights with a doll" to have a half-decent idea.

What does it say about the move of Celica's bottom right pic? The one that has some text below.

And her upper image maybe is her anti-air and maybe they are comparing it with Kokopuffs's 6A (I remember someone mentioned something similar in the other thread).

Looking at the current character select screen, it looks like they could add two more characters on each side of Terumi. If ArcSys does release a CP Extend, I would hope it would include more than just the Vita content and Celica and Lambda. At any rate, I'm ready to see some gameplay of Celica so I can see how she plays.

Taking a wild stab, I get the feeling she won't be much of a puppet character. Part of what makes them so difficult is position and resource management, and if you're cutting positioning it's too different from a puppet master. I'm definitely thinking she'll be largely Minerva based with Cel herself mostly walking around looking oblivious or (for the few moves she'll do herself) accidentally hitting people. I'm also guessing she'll have a super that disables drives for a short duration, the obvious heal, and a reversal. The Astral will probably be something "nice" like Amane's.

Playstyle I'd guess as being more of a spacer, relying on Minerva's larger attacks to keep the opponent at a better range. Maybe focus more on harassment and chip damage, though Minerva makes me think she could also be a heavy hitter. Not sure which fits better for a beginner friendly character, large attacks that make it harder to move in but don't damage much or when it hits it's a hit that matters. Probably the former.

Total shot in the dark based on the feel I got from story mode.

Celica's throw appears to be done by the doll in one of those pics. Regardless really hyped to see her. Also appears to not be next to Terumi and instead in the sides. Hopefully this will be dlc for CP on consoles and not an extend. Looks cool, might consider her as a main. The doll reminds me of the chinese ghost from Dark Stalkers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

most recent new characters:

izayoi

nu

kagura

bullet

terumi

kokonoe

azrael

amane

broken new characters:

kokonoe

Guess this needs repeating over here

So, Celica move names.

Drive: Minerva

Overdrive: RegeLight (?)

Specials:

Ash Rôtir

Lance Quiche

Supers:

Armure Sorbet

Casque Velouté

Someone had food in mind when naming Celica's attacks. And also French.

Gotta repost it here, as well:

Celica A. Mercury's playstyle

A new heroine who leapt through time! Intense combination attacks with Minerva!

Drive: Minerva
The Drive ability of the finally playable Celica is "Dynamic combination attacks with Minerva".
By inputting different directions, you can change the type of the combination attack. Basically, you can mash them in any order as soon as you land a successful hit!

The poses that they strike together are also a sight to see!

Throw: Kokonoe-made automaton "Minerva" throws the enemy away with an intense blast! (Also pay attention to Celica's cute motions as she happens to be in the attack's way!)

D attack: Pay close attention to the various attacks that these two perform by combining the button presses with directional inputs.

Special move - Ash Rotir: The two raise their fists upwards; perfect for attacking airborne opponents.

Overdrive - Rege Light: Not only do the Drive attacks become more powerful, but Minerva's health also regenerates thanks to Celica's powers!

Distortion Drive - Armure Sorbet: Of course, Celica can use her healing magic! It also happens to restore Minerva's health, too! How much can this ability affect the battle?

Special move - Lance Quiche: Celica rides the transformed Minerva and charges forward!

Distortion Drive - Casque Velouté: Minerva transforms to deliver a powerful super-move of countless slashes! Celica is thrown away to safety before performing the attack!

And why the hell is the Lambda thread closed?

I think it went from Lambda Shock/Hype > What about Nu? > Mode change removed > Nu/Lambda differentiation > Nu Speculation > locked.

I've translated and posted Lambda's stuff in the General Celica/Lambda Hype Thread for now and will copy it to Lambda's when it's unlocked.

Ok, she turned out to be more like Noel in her drive system, you chain her (directions) D attacks while it connects though. SoWL description says that she heals Minerva's HP with different stuff, but where in the video is Minerva's bar? It's not there.

I think the HP of the character is actually Minerva's as Celica herself doesn't do the fighting and is a peaceful person. That's my assumption anyway.

Looking at the video, it appears Celica heals herself. Seems like Celica and Minerva play completely as one character, with no need for management over the puppet.

So Celica and Minevra are basically one character with two sprites with a similar fighting style to Noel. From reading about her Drive, her combos would probably be easy to do. Another character that you can abuse their easy stuff with, but hard to master.

So Celica and Minevra are basically one character with two sprites with a similar fighting style to Noel. From reading about her Drive, her combos would probably be easy to do. Another character that you can abuse their easy stuff with, but hard to master.

Except anyone who abuses Noel Drive outside of a combo is retarded.

Except anyone who abuses Noel Drive outside of a combo is retarded.

Haha, we all had to start somewhere. When I first played BB, it happened to be an import of CP some friends of mine at university had. They said to pick Noel, since she's for beginners and to just press D (X button) and the other buttons. I actually did win a couple of matches and felt like I was doing something. Lol

Noel's mixups are actually mostly from drive in this version, so...

Anyways, that backdash looks hilarious. It goes like half screen in an instant.