Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CPEX] Λ -11- Gameplay Discussion Thread

Two quick questions:

Does Lambda's Gravity Seed have any interesting properties to it, such as attack or throw invincibility?

How many variants are there to her Sickle Storm? I've seen it appear on the screen like it used to but I've also seen it fly across the screen similar to how Nu's does.

Thanks in advance :)

Two quick questions:

Does Lambda's Gravity Seed have any interesting properties to it, such as attack or throw invincibility?

How many variants are there to her Sickle Storm? I've seen it appear on the screen like it used to but I've also seen it fly across the screen similar to how Nu's does.

Thanks in advance :)

Still throw-invincible AFAIK

I think there are three: One that flies away, another that spawns in place, and the one that comes from behind. OD Sickle Storm summons two sickles that go in opposite trajectories.

Cool, thanks. Curious though, what is the use of the fast one? I doubt it is a low like Nu's is, so I have no idea what it would be used for. I think I've actually only seen it used once so far, and it completely missed.

Yeah I haven't seen it enough to really make a fair judgment on how useful it is. Most of the Lambda players in the videos that are currently available aren't super amazing either so it's kind of hard to tell the full potential of moves like her wheel. If I were to guess, I'd like to think that the wheel could be used for zoning of for tweaking certain combos where other wheels wouldn't work, etc. But yeah, her wheel and her gravity seed aren't used much if at all so it's hard to answer both of those questions. I really want CP2.0 so I can test these things out in the lab... :/

Edit: What I guess I really want to say here is that I think that Lambda can do so much more than what we're seeing of her now. I want to try things out so badly lol. I'm not seeing it in videos of her but I think Lambda has the hidden potential to be the character with the some of the best corner carry in the game (like from corner to corner being easy), along with some other various strengths. That's just me guessing, though. I haven't really seen how most of her moves perform or are used or if they're even viable at all. Only time will tell, I guess.

Yeah, so far I haven't seen enough to tell whether she is good or not. There is no way she is as bad as players are currently making her look though. You'd figure players who used to play her would be able to use her better than they currently are.   

Corner carry =/= being good though.

Bang gets corner to corner or sideswap off of even a 5A and hes not exactly good in 1.1

Lambda's mixup game looks to be kinda weak. The mixup is there but the rewards for standard low/overhead confirms aren't too good.

And you can't just convert stray hits into full combos the way nu can.

I feel like a large part of the reason that we don't have a lot of amazing Lambdas is that she has a serious case of "why would anybody play me when they can play Nu instead?"

Midscreen rewards for no resources (or only gravity used for 2.0nu):

1.1 nu

5D(luna) ground hit: 3.3K + sickle oki

5D(Dia) ground hit: 1.8K no oki(far range), 3K + sickle oki closeup

6D(luna): 2.8K + sickle oki

6D(dia): 2.3K + sickle oki

2B(luna): 3.3K + sickle oki

2B(dia): 2.8K + Sickle Oki

Overhead(4B luna): 3.5K + sickle oki

Overhead(4B Dia): 2.8K + sickle oki

2.0 nu

5D groundhit: 3K + gravity/crescent oki

6D: 3K, no oki(?)

2B: 4K + crescent oki

Overhead (214D~D): 4K + oki

2.0 Lambda

5D groundhit: 1.3K, no oki

6D: 2.4 - 2.6K no oki

2B: 2 - 2.5K, no oki

Overhead (4B) 3K + oki

lambda is just inferior in every way.

Its not that nu is better, its that lambda is terrible beyond corner carry.

Well I totally agree with you SWD on the point that Lambda's midscreen standard confirms are looking kind of weak. (Well, Lambda can score more damage than what was listed above if she uses her gravity but it's still not super gdlk when compared with other characters.) It might just be wishful thinking on my part though but I just think that there's something more that we're not seeing from the current players atm, like her aerial confirms or what exactly her gravity seed/wheel are capable of (all of which have proven to be reliable high-damaging tools in the past but may not necessarily be good in CP2.0). But yeah I'm mainly just writing this because even if she's bad I'm still gonna main her lol but I'm just an impatient noob and want to test her out in the lab right now since there are a bunch of moves that aren't really being used, imo.

im not going to lie i feel the same way to me it seems like there arent enough people experimenting with lambda cause i think alot more of her dmg lies with her normals but people are playing her like nu and focusing on her drive instead. which in my opinion it seems like lambda isnt meant to rely on her drive its more just a tool to use during combos maybe as an extension or an ender. cause from what i've seen unlike nu lambda cant do nearly as much using just drive alone.

I think she only has the one version of spike chaser.

Also has anyone seen a corner combo into sickle storm oki? The best i've seen is combo>236C>the new move>2D or 5D>236D which the opponent can just forward tech and hit you. 

Yo, can Lambda charge spike chaser? (214D~C)

No, but OD Spike Chaser reaches fullscreen

Disappointing, I had seen many people take the blue beat instead of teching to avoid having it being used against them as oki. I figured we could charge it to counter this, but I guess not.

Spike chaser seems like it hit twice at the end of the second vid. I don't remember that ever being possible before.

Man, I wanna see more 236A->22D action, that sorta fakeout shenanigans is my jam and I will spam it like a scrub regardless of how terrible of a choice it may be once I get my hands on lambda. Actually, 22D is criminally underused in general for how stylish it is. You'd think more people would be into using that, it's startup looks quick and it doesn't LOOK unsafe on block or anything.

Kinda wish we had more info on OD Calamity sword. the double sworddrop is cute and all but I want to know if there are any decent combos you can pull out of that that don't cost 100 heat and OD for 3.5K. I feel like maybe cavalier could combo if you get the spacing right, but I'm not too sure. 

it's startup looks quick and it doesn't LOOK unsafe on block or anything.

And then you take into account that you can airdash out of it in the OD version...

Spike chaser seems like it hit twice at the end of the second vid.

Where specifically?

So seriously, why play Lambda when you can play Nu. Is there anything that Lambda has over Nu?

So seriously, why play Lambda when you can play Nu. Is there anything that Lambda has over Nu?

Nope, at least not at this point of the game. I played her at the start of me playing BBCP2 solely because I wanted to see what could be done with her, as opposed to Nu. She has 22D. Which is nice for some gimmicks and escapes..... but aside from that, she's pretty much inferior to Nu in every way unless someone is able to find something amazing when console comes out.

Nope, at least not at this point of the game. I played her at the start of me playing BBCP2 solely because I wanted to see what could be done with her, as opposed to Nu. She has 22D. Which is nice for some gimmicks and escapes..... but aside from that, she's pretty much inferior to Nu in every way unless someone is able to find something amazing when console comes out.

I see. I was just curious because in my scene, some of my friends have joked about how "Lambda is an option for Nu players who feel bad for winning too much." :lol:

"Lambda is an option for Nu players who feel bad for winning too much." :lol:

That might explain why Yoshiki has a 16th Dan Lambda. :v:

And then you take into account that you can airdash out of it in the OD version...

Where specifically?

Literally the final combo. After she finishes that shorter combo with the 6D end she started her OD combo with spike chaser and it shows that ragna took two hits somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqqp_zOcwOU&feature=youtu.be&t=355

This happens with Spike Chaser if Lambda/Nu manage to get two spikes to hit at once.  Aside from some Tager silliness, this happens most often when an opponent techs while Spike Chaser is coming out and doesn't block/invul through it.  Looks like Lambda's 214D doesn't cause SMP though.

honestly if you want to vortex the opponent in the corner, lambda seems like a fun choice. Hard knockdown from 236B seems really nice for oki setups.