Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CPEX] Makoto Nanaya General Discussion Thread - Now in fullwidth

ZPeMP.png
Makoto_by_Jiso.png
Thanks Chaoschao and Bibi for providing me pictures!!

- Don't start combo threads until there's at least a week worth of videos. It's not like optimal combos will be found out right away.

I know I always end up having to forget everything each time a new iteration comes out, but I feel like my learning curve for learning this Makoto will be harsher than ever,

Am I deluding myself, or am I seeing some serious potential in CP2 Makoto? She might be a little overdrive dependant (then again, she's always kinda been) but at least she seems to do fine without it, damage wise.

Its a little early for me to dare to hope, the main problem I see is the 5d hitstun nerf. Maybe someone will find a good orb oki setup in the corner, im just not sure how.

Orb looks like it's dead but like I said in the other thread she can use it for mid screen combos and parry could have some real potential.

Makoto is looking much stronger ATM.. But this is all based on paper and Goro footage with a lot of changes to everyone.

I won't lie.. I'm kind of hyped but will stay with a "we shall see" mindset. Especially with how things have been in the past. Lol

What's going on here? She's able to use her counter as a combo ender because it is a strike, but what do you think the properties of the tech are?

Seems like it can be used mid combo for brand new combo paths as well with the Space Counter D followup to add to midscreen damage output. Really really neat.

The new Cosmic Ray corner wallstick routes and Lander Blow air hit routes seem pretty cool as well. 4.7k meterless in the corner out of 5B starter is ridiculous.

What's going on here? She's able to use her counter as a combo ender because it is a strike, but what do you think the properties of the tech are?

Video is too choppy to get a sense of the exact frames of the tech (whether it's plus or not). But that would be freaking awesome if it was.

But from what I can tell, it appears to be (speculation here guys) slightly negative or really close to even frame advantage.

Going to hit the arcade in a couple hours time.

Anyone wanna have anything checked?

Im just going for combo practice, feel the buffs and see how effective the parry reset is.

Going to hit the arcade in a couple hours time.

Anyone wanna have anything checked?

Im just going for combo practice, feel the buffs and see how effective the parry reset is.

try to confirm some of the buffs on the changelog thread? and maybe try out these combos that kuroku posted?

Phone died while I was at the arcade.
The 2d lv2>236a~d>665c route is kinda difficult just gotta make sure the comet shot hits them and not the orb otherwise they fly too far

Havent had a chance to try the parry ender properly but i like that you have the choice to either 5a/2a/throw etc or 5d for the strike follow up. If it has guard point properties then I reckon the space counter follow up though very unsafe can blow up any mash attempts after the restand. I could be wrong though since I didnt get to play anyone.

Also jC>jc>J2C>jC can be a thing too.
Unfortunately theres no side switch shenanigans from j2C>jC

The parry option select sounds really nice for mix up and seems like it could be a legit thing to reset with. Did it seem like J.2c>air dash could be used as a cross up at all?

Also, thanks for posting what you found. :)

The parry option select sounds really nice for mix up and seems like it could be a legit thing to reset with. Did it seem like J.2c>air dash could be used as a cross up at all?

Also, thanks for posting what you found. :)

Hopefully Im right in my speculation. parry counter+RC could be legit. Im hoping it blows through dps too.

The J.2C buff is nothing more than a bounce not a jump cancel or anything like that

still a decent buff, that allows some reward for the risk of baiting an Anti Air with j.2C. 

Overall, I like how the new Makoto shaped out. I'm not exactly TOO bummed out without orb oki, considering Makoto's pressure seems stronger, and Meteor Still offers hard knock down which you can do meaty 2B to prevent rolls, and bait DP's the old fashioned way. 

I know her neutral is still a little weak, but I think that's more so her character archetype more then Makoto herself. 

Also, the idea of having a new PRACTICAL defensive option via 214D i'm sure will be really helpful. 

i think it's great Makoto get's a lot more reward for getting inside now. I'm excited for her. 

Her neutral seems like it still requires smarter then average game play but it's definitely much better with parry and 214b. Speaking of 214b, it's looking like a beast in mid screen and is godly for her corner mixup.

Wonder if goro is loving the new style and tools as much as I am. Lol

Orb is actually minus now :/

Could you still time it to be 2 hits (on relius for a example) or is that still negative?

Still up in the air atm. She lost corner oki but her mixup is much stronger this time and Parry might be something ppl have to actually respect now.

Better mixup, more damage = R.I.P.?

If that was the case, then CP1 Hakumen would have been the shittiest character in the game :v:

I'm still just waiting for them to make Makoto's 5B 8 frames and make Ragna's 5B 9 frames. It's just a justice that needs to be done. It shouldn't have more reach AND be faster.

So with 6B > 6A being her new Gatling is it possible to use 2B twice in her blockstring without having to Asteroid vision > Break > 2B?

Better mixup, more damage = R.I.P.?

If that was the case, then CP1 Hakumen would have been the shittiest character in the game :v:

I'm still just waiting for them to make Makoto's 5B 8 frames and make Ragna's 5B 9 frames. It's just a justice that needs to be done. It shouldn't have more reach AND be faster.

I heard 5B got buffed. I've seen goro use it a lot too in matches and it looks like it has more frame advantage to me or something.

Hmmmm I've got a question for anyone who can test or answer this.

Does j.2C autocorrect if you cross up with it? In other words, if you do a crossup j.2C will j.C still hit afterwards? I haven't seen this done in any videos.

Tier list are always subject to change, but I'm utterly in awe at the realization that not only is Makoto considered good in CP2 but considered better than Kokonoe. And to think everyone (myself included) were freaking out a while ago because the orb oki was gone and her wall pressure was nerfed.

I don't know yet if she has better ways to deal with characters with better mid-range (IE, pretty much everyone) but I guess it's safe to say that once she gets in, her mix-ups and blockstrings are good enough to make her legit.

All that's left for me find out in what situations Space Counter is optimal.