Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CPEX] Makoto Nanaya General Discussion Thread - Now in fullwidth

Finally made the combo thread but it's not /completely/ finish. I'll add OD combos, side swaps, etc either tomorrow or my next big break. orz

Attempting to get back in the mood of weekly uploads with my characters and I don't see a Makoto critique thread. By any chance do I make it myself or drop it in the video thread? I kind of want to turn back to solid info instead of scrolling Skype last 200+ messages when I need to evaluate advice again.

I'm having one video upload as we speak and I'm slightly embarrassed the performance is not over the top at destroying my opponent or showing any known knowledge but with given time she can be as strong as my old mains such as Bullet and Ragna.

Testing this out. So she has parry and orb oki now? From the looks of it, she still has frame advantage and can even combo off it over....and over......over...*chuckles* and over.....

Hello,

GG player, just picking up CPE and kinda leaning toward Makoto.  Is there any trick to the drive bar, or is it just memorization and muscle memory?  

I've got the first combo on the thread down, but the second one (2D (2) -> 236A~D etc) is giving me some trouble, especially the hits after the fireball.

Y

Hello,

GG player, just picking up CPE and kinda leaning toward Makoto.  Is there any trick to the drive bar, or is it just memorization and muscle memory?  

I've got the first combo on the thread down, but the second one (2D (2) -> 236A~D etc) is giving me some trouble, especially the hits after the fireball.

Pretty much, as for the combo you have to release 236A~D as swiftly as possible. If done right it should only be one hit and allow for a follow up.

Yo Omni, about hitting your opponent at the Peak of Makoto's DP, does it matter if its the ground or air version? i've seen some videos showing it but i can't tell if they DP'd before or after she touched the ground.

It's always the aerial version, but not being able the difference is a good timing to have. lol 

fun fact: when in Overdrive mode, you can combo mars chopper into 2D. reminds me of the good old days back in CS2 lol. 

Edit: i saw this on Kuroku's Stream when he was testing some combos for makoto btw. 

a ragna i was fighting against earlier got me in the corner and had me on hard knockdown. i used shooting star and somehow dodged his entire 5C, then Fatal Counter him. its like the invul frames on this move is as if you were backdashing. i won't abuse it but its actually kinda nice. 

How do you catch high mobility characters, especially the airborne ones? (Tao, Izayoi, etc) 6A only goes so far T___T

How do you catch high mobility characters, especially the airborne ones? (Tao, Izayoi, etc) 6A only goes so far T___T

you just gotta catch em all   catching high mobility chars is hard for makoto due to her short range. i think this would be put up in the matchup section but ill go ahead and say this. 

6A has head invul so sometimes i try to let them come at me because alot of them love to attack from the air.  i think most of your high mobility/flying chars are Hazama, Arakune, Taokaka, Valk, Izayoi, and Amane. bang would probably fit into this category too but he needs his bumpers to do his stuff.  based on my experiences, i have strategys i do against each of these characters. (although they don't work half of the time)

Taokaka - Since she has alot of air movements. imo its like a guessing game of "where is she gonna jump to next". Makoto being short ranged and all, you're really gonna have to get some nice hitconfirms into combos for tao. i'd try mashing j.A into Air DP if you manage to land a hit. with 6A try knocking her out of the air if shes doing a jump attack at you. using j.B is nice too because of the vertical hitbox. 

Valk - When Valk is in wolf form, he has more speed and movements, but he can't block. so if you attack valk, most likely you're gonna get a hit in (unless hes doing something that has some type of invul. etc). so just try landing a hit on him. Big Bang Smash Lv.3 is good too when hes in wolf form and hes low on health. don't use it too often though because some valk players try to bait out the super.

Izayoi - shes a tough one. when she changes her sword mode (sword turns green) and does that dash pressure, i'd try to 5A her out of the air( doesn't work half of the time). when she teleports, most of the time, its during pressure strings, in a combo or after firing her projectile.  

Amane - DELETE HIS ASS FROM THIS GAME your main problem with Amane is his "Zettou!" and that his normals makes you cry as you try to make your way towards him. imo, all your options against him suck. 6A, j.A and j.B are your only tools for when hes in the air but his moves have way more range than yours.  i have gotten lucky with 6C but i wouldn't recommend it either. you just gotta chase him down and stay on him. also some of his moves has gaps in between so you can probably run at him and get in there some how if hes not spacing you properly.

Hazama - i can't help you here. My God, he'll have you running for days. if anything, most of the hazamas i've fought always try to go for an overhead/crossup on you. i just rely on 6A and try to get a hitconfirm somewhere. 

Arakune - i haven't fought arakune at all this version. so i can only go off on back when i played against him in the previous versions. his air dash is sorta slow, but he can do it twice in the air. sometimes i j.B him out of the air. 6A works against him too due to head invul when he cancels from his airdash. 

Hello. I figured that Makoto would be the character I like playing. (i mean i enjoy playing Ken from SF, so its kinda obvious :3) I know Makoto sucks against everyone(especially that faggot Jin -_-), but is their any starting tips I should know for starting for with Makoto? She isnt as godlike as :JA: , but she is fun :3. I tried Tsubaki but it didnt work out....(couldnt manage the resource charge stuff). 

Has anything changed with Makoto's matchups? Are they minimal changes or "too grandiose to even bother playing this character?"

I've heard Jin is hell to deal with, but Kagura is "what do?" for me.

A lot of matchup are much better now because of all the buffs she got and nerfs to others. IMO she is no longer "lol makoto" and is a legit character to main.

It will take some time getting used to her new combos but nothing about her combos are super complex, just different and slightly harder but much much better rewards.

Hazama - i can't help you here. My God, he'll have you running for days. if anything, most of the hazamas i've fought always try to go for an overhead/crossup on you. i just rely on 6A and try to get a hitconfirm somewhere.

Something I've found against Hazamas is to simply hit 5B after a blocked chain.

If he:

1.) Does the D followup and tries to j.A, j.B, or j.2C, you'll stuff him and he'll eat an AA combo.

2.) A cancels and shoots another chain, you recover in time to block the second chain (whereas using 6A would get you killed here). Then you can still just hit 5B again after you block the second chain lol.

3.) Does the B followup, same as #2 above.

4.) Does the C followup (the one where he zips behind you), 5B's forward movement effect pushes you out of range if he tried to j.2C afterwards. I thiiiiinnnnnkkkk D~C > j.B miiiiggghhhtt hit you, but I'd have to test it. [Edit: Did some more testing lol j.A and j.2C whiff completely, if you do 5B at the earliest possible moment (you don't even need to IB), you will be able to block j.B....but even if it does hit you he's too far away to combo into anything, so the best he can do is try to start some pressure.)

Anyways I've had some success with this strategy, but it's not perfect. It does however, take away their super safe shoot-chains-until-I-get-this-silly-squirrel-to-AA game away and forces them to commit hard if they want to get in on you.

Something I've found against Hazamas is to simply hit 5B after a blocked chain.

If he:

1.) Does the D followup and tries to j.A, j.B, or j.2C, you'll stuff him and he'll eat an AA combo.

2.) A cancels and shoots another chain, you recover in time to block the second chain (whereas using 6A would get you killed here). Then you can still just hit 5B again after you block the second chain lol.

3.) Does the B followup, same as #2 above.

4.) Does the C followup (the one where he zips behind you), 5B's forward movement effect pushes you out of range if he tried to j.2C afterwards. I thiiiiinnnnnkkkk D~C > j.B miiiiggghhhtt hit you, but I'd have to test it.

Anyways I've had some success with this strategy, but it's not perfect. It does however, take away their super safe shoot-chains-until-I-get-this-silly-squirrel-to-AA game away and forces them to commit hard if they want to get in on you.

damn so it was that simple? well at least ill have something in the pocket now against him. his chains was the only thing that gave me a headache in this MU 

Once they turn OD on and After the parry they are delaying the space counter. That way it's technically a new combo but it's a long enough time that the computer does not just block it. Look at the combo counter when she does guard crush and it will only say the guard crush was hit #2.

The CPU blocks it when I delay it. If I don't delay it all the way, it doesn't stun long enough to hit with the crush thing.