Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CPEX] Makoto Nanaya General Discussion Thread - Now in fullwidth

11 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Here they are:

Hide contents

BBCF_Makoto_Palettes_1-11.png

Don't know if they are sorted from top left to bottom right but #1 - #4 are available by default and #5 - #10 have to be purchased in the shop with P$. #11, the XBlaze reference, is available from an event.

my zombie palette is gone.............buuuuuuut That last palette is calling my name. hopefully you can buy it with in-game money once the console version comes out... 

Hey my color is gone too. Shoot, I really liked palette 6 in CP...It was perfect...

I guess it's between #2, #6, #7, and #8 now...hmm

Nice OG reference there Sol

Hmmm I've been using something good lately. You guys probably already know about it, but here goes.

After a midscreen Infinite Rush ender you can use Asteroid Vision to catch people's rolls as well as put them under pressure if they emergency tech.

214A~A > 5B will catch forward rolls with your best starter and frametrap those who try to emergency tech and mash.

214B > j.C will catch backwards rolls (can be followed up with 5B > 6A > 2D etc) and if they emergency tech, the j.C will hit them high, setting up for mixup later with 214A~A > 2B/Throw.

I normally only use this when I get a max range 5B > 5D lvl2. The only bad thing about this setup is that you still have to guess how they are going to roll as each Asteroid Vision followup only covers two options. Also it loses to DPs. Now I haven't tested this on the entire cast, so if some people have longer rolls or smaller hitboxes while rolling, then there's a chance that these might whiff on them.

Bringing life to this thread. Is there discord for makotos?

I was at cf arcades, i noticed shooting star still wallstuck IF you did counter hit near the corner.
Problem was the wall stick is super short, so the basic combo i did was :
236B(shooting star)CH>5A>6A>2D>2C>214AA>5B>6A>jb>jb>623CD
it works and does decent damage, but shooting star isn't as good as it was.

49 minutes ago, cowtron said:

Bringing life to this thread. Is there discord for makotos?

I was at cf arcades, i noticed shooting star still wallstuck IF you did counter hit near the corner.
Problem was the wall stick is super short, so the basic combo i did was :
236B(shooting star)CH>5A>6A>2D>2C>214AA>5B>6A>jb>jb>623CD
it works and does decent damage, but shooting star isn't as good as it was.

Shooting Star may get a small buff in the future if we're lucky cause its barely usable. for now, its just her secondary reversal.

#ripbb

Anyway, because I like rankings and I saw this on jourdal's twitter, here are the current arcade rankings as of 3/12/16:

dat hades tier squirrel tho

Hey folks, I've just started to play BlazBlue CPEX on Steam (nickname wDariusw) and use Makoto. I hope I can get help with some combos here... 

I got a problem doing her bnb (2D(2) 236A~D little dash 5CC), can't dash after the Shot, the recovery is just too long. Perhaps the Shot can be dash cancelled without waiting for the recovery?

I'm not really sure off the top of my head whether the dash is during the moves recovery or after. Look up almost any combo video to see people doing it if you want to see if you can tell something different between the video and what you're doing.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you're doing the minimum charge possible (basically not charging at all) for the 236A~D. It doesn't work otherwise.

17 hours ago, elek3ct said:

Hey folks, I've just started to play BlazBlue CPEX on Steam (nickname wDariusw) and use Makoto. I hope I can get help with some combos here... 

I got a problem doing her bnb (2D(2) 236A~D little dash 5CC), can't dash after the Shot, the recovery is just too long. Perhaps the Shot can be dash cancelled without waiting for the recovery?

make sure that you don't hold down the charge when you fire the comet. just tap it and wait like a second before you do microdash 5CC. 

Thanks for the tips, I can do this now. The minimum charge is important, but I figured that you have to focus on the dash timing. Wait until the shot recovers then dash, if you input it before the recovery, it won't come out. After you get the feel of the dash timing you have to learn to do the shortest dash possible and do 5CC as soon as you can. I still drop like 50% of this combo in online matches though... But I guess I should concentrate on other combos and confirms instead.

Braver's Revel Top 8. It's the first BBCF National event in Japan. 32-team invitational tournament.

Highlights:

- Goro bends Dogura over the arcade cabinet and has his way with him

- Finals: Makoto (Matsu)/Nine vs Makoto (Goro)/Carl. Let that sink in for a moment: no matter who wins, Makoto wins nationals. :O

- Mori is there. He's probably going to nerf Makoto into the ground again. #RIP :/

Spoilers if you want to find out who won (look at it anyway once you're done watching because awesome fanart): 

Spoiler