Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CPEX] Λ -11- Video Thread (Updated 12/24/15)

Well, speak of the devil, a nifty combo video, sans the overdrive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqqp_zOcwOU

Lambda is actually looking petty good in this one, perhaps I was too bitter hasty in my previous post. 

I was literally just about post that XD.

This video showcases the best Lambda combos I've seen so far. Always glad to see more optimal combos.

Lambda hype: Increasing

Some things to note:

@3:11 - Interesting use of gravity well and 236A > 236B to sideswap, I'm interested to see if that can be experimented more with.

@3:43 - It looks like 6A > 6B can be used as a loop, wonder if it'll work Midscreen.

@4:45 - I like that setup, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be if they decide to delay tech.

Overall, our damage output is looking to be on the higher side, which is a good sign considering that was a big concern first starting out.

As much as i would love to play her, i think im going to stick with Mu-12. but if you gys dont mind ill jst give my own synopsis .

of course she cant zone like Nu-13 but she can still play the keep away game in certain matchps if she needs to. but.. any way

Pros:

Ability to zone the opponent out

Solid option for pressure

Can convert almost any stray hit into knock down

Corner Carry?

High damage, even on Non CH

Cons:

Zoning is sub par( when comparing to nu-13

Still no meter-less defensive options

Low health

other?

GamePlan:

Looks Like she will be heavily reliant on a solid neutral game and understanding specific matchups, meaning adapting ( Such and zoning Ragna and rushing down Hakumen )

From watching that combo video it looks like that if Lambda players prectice their high damage combos and react to the oponents whiffs with the correct punishes she will be great. seeing as she can get 4k easy and midscreen also leading to corner with wheel setups. Not to mention she can bait throw techs all day with her leaping blade shot scoring a counter hit and getting major damage. 

i think lambda deserves a Dp and her own astral

I don't know if its just me but I find watching lambda videos kind of depressing. She either gets utterly destroyed or barely scrapes through with a win. Is she really this bad or are there just no strong players using her?

Well, it's a combination of both in my opinion. The only strong Lambda we've had footage of is Yoshiki, and even then footage of him is few and far between. Either he's the only strong player that plays Lambda and we just don't have footage of other possibly good Lambda's, and/or people realize how bad she is in comparison to her counterpart and choose to play Nu over her.

You're probably right about that, I just want to see one video of a Lambda player dominating in a match against another strong player. It just seems odd that none of the videos available are particularly inspiring :/ There's gotta be some of there.