Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gorehound

Dustloop Cosplay Thread

Nice stuff!

That Jin looks pretty damn good as is.

I wore Mu to the Chicgo Gay Pride Parade yesterday [without the headgear and stuff still] with a giant rainbow flag cape.

Unsurprisingly, people thought I was supposed to be Lady Gaga. xD

Nice stuff!

That Jin looks pretty damn good as is.

I wore Mu to the Chicgo Gay Pride Parade yesterday [without the headgear and stuff still] with a giant rainbow flag cape.

Unsurprisingly, people thought I was supposed to be Lady Gaga. xD

xDDDDDDDDD

My Slayer costume and my GF (VonEagasta) as Sharon. My mustache fell off :(

Yeah, its Guilty Gear, but I dont know were the GG cosplay topic got to.

do you have more photos of your slayer costume?

I'll have to dress up again cuz no pics of me were taken. xD [parades are distracting...]

I don't mind though~

I'll get to it on whatever the next day I don't actually have to go out happens... >>;

Thank you :)

Jam: Please post pics of this! I can totally picture Lady Gaga pullin' off a Mu / V-13 outfit

Are you kidding me? Gaga has enough tits to house Mu and Nu in EACH ONE!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2611681/

Well theres some more pics of my Slayer costume. I need to get it washed though. As bad of an idea as it was, I used that quick spray on hair color to color some of my hair since the wig didnt fit. It would work fine too, but dumb me put it on the back of my head too, which rubbed off on the collar. Live and learn, eh?

I'll probably do it eventually lol.

But I wanna be MAKOTO and EVERY VERSION OF NOEL EVER first lol.

Is it just me or would anyone else think the arakune cosplayer was a failed scream cosplayer if not for the topic?

I'll probably do it eventually lol.

But I wanna be MAKOTO and EVERY VERSION OF NOEL EVER first lol.

Whoa. O_o; That means... even the telephone cards versions?

Also, how do you plan on making Makoto's tail?

I dunno.

I gotta ponder it.

I could probably ask some people who've made similar things how to do it...

No... >>; It's really laziness above anything else though lol.

I've had people give me ideas. I've never done anything like it though so it just makes me nervous...

/sssslides back in here...

I see Jam showed off our shoot pics from ACen, so here have a few more Kokonoe pics: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/238429/

One of my faves in particular:

02-small.jpg

On a slightly related note, christ I'm so behind on BB news it's pitiful but... the minute I saw Platinum my first thoughts were, in order:

1. I thought of Cure Peach cuz of all the cosplays I've seen of her >.>

2. The hoops cosplayers will have to jump through for those contacts

3. Her wig is basically just a blonde Klan Klang wig.

lol cosplay on the brain. I'll wait to see what her color swaps are then think about cosplaying her. Her design is....interesting but the colors as-is make me wanna barf out my uterus. Way too moémoéblob. Maybe Torakaka, or if we get a better picture of Saya in her new Imperator digs...

EDIT: Also on the note of Makoto's tail, I was just thinking about that cuz her NOL uniform is kinda tempting... I'm thinking that with that sort of weight you would need to have SOME kind of major harness action going on there. Which, considering how itty-bitty her fighting costume is.... :vbang:

I could probably ask some people who've made similar things how to do it...
Most people I've seen cosplay semifurry characters tend to use clear fishing line to secure heavy tails; the cloak/beret outfit would end up having a bit of a rigging up the back to keep the tail attached to the outfit and the wearer.

Not to mention this forgoes the issue of discomfort; should one try the battle outfit, a similar setup would be possible, making a clean appearing (accurate) cosplay as well as sidestepping the fetish fuel (one of the worst things to hear at a con: "IS THAT A BUTTPLUG?!?!" ).

Not to mention this forgoes the issue of discomfort; should one try the battle outfit, a similar setup would be possible, making a clean appearing (accurate) cosplay as well as sidestepping the fetish fuel (one of the worst things to hear at a con: "IS THAT A BUTTPLUG?!?!" ).

I was thinking of the possibility of the fishing line thing too for Makoto (almost did it for Kokonoe; twintails can be heavy...), but I couldn't decide on where to attach the fishing line where it wouldn't interfere with the ponytail. I didn't like the idea of attaching it to the wig either; that'd make it a nightmare to put on and store. Among a million other worries- the pull of the fishing line strangling me if I put it on the collar, for one.

I can't imagine where the hell on Makoto's outfit you'd have the room to have a line tied to it, though. While you wouldn't have the problem of long hair getting in the way of the line, none of her outfit seems secure enough to me to tie it to. Maybe the back of her collar? With a stretch material like Makoto's top seems to be, that seems to me like it's asking for trouble (either in er, the area of pulling your top taut against your chest (unintended fetishfuel) or of the line not wanting to stay taut because the material is stretching and it has too much give to stay up...)

I was thinking of the possibility of the fishing line thing too for Makoto (almost did it for Kokonoe; twintails can be heavy...), but I couldn't decide on where to attach the fishing line where it wouldn't interfere with the ponytail. I didn't like the idea of attaching it to the wig either; that'd make it a nightmare to put on and store. Among a million other worries- the pull of the fishing line strangling me if I put it on the collar, for one.

I can't imagine where the hell on Makoto's outfit you'd have the room to have a line tied to it, though. While you wouldn't have the problem of long hair getting in the way of the line, none of her outfit seems secure enough to me to tie it to. Maybe the back of her collar? With a stretch material like Makoto's top seems to be, that seems to me like it's asking for trouble (either in er, the area of pulling your top taut against your chest (unintended fetishfuel) or of the line not wanting to stay taut because the material is stretching and it has too much give to stay up...)

I used to be the design adviser for a friend's fox o nine tails outfit; I can see where the twintails would be heavy :v:

For the halter top, I'd suggest the focal points be at either shoulder blade.

With the nine tails she ended up having the outfit tear at one of the line connections the last day. Imagine the surprise to have a congoer comment on your choice in thongs. Never secure tails to thin satin :v: