Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gorehound

Dustloop Cosplay Thread

well sudden creativity just hit me on an idea for an arakune cosplay and seeing as how this is the cosplay thread i was wondering if it was ok for me to run through it here for for advice or such, or would that be better taken care of elswhere? (like say, cosplay.com?)

I assume for Otakon since you're in Maryland... Depends on what materials you have access to. If you have time to get, cut, seal and paint some pink insulation foam, I'd go with that. Wood would probably take longer and cardboard layering would DEFINITELY take longer.

Considering I'm an awful procrastinator and Otakon is only two days away, does anyone have any opinion on not taking guns, but instead carrying a stuffed panda? I'm questioning it 'cos of how Noel falls apart without them usually, but I also wanted to try and put some twist on it? First time cosplayer attempting not to screw up >.<

Yeah, sure. I wouldn't worry about not having her guns, it's not a huge deal.

You coming to the BB shoot? Saturday, 3 PM @ the Outdoor Fountains. I'll be in Kokonoe, come say hi :)

For those who've done Kaka-clan hoodies before. What did you use for fabric? My sister will likely be starting on mine for Jubei soon and I'm unsure of what to use. Girlfriend is using fleece for her specific but its already gonna be hot enough wearing my cosplay.

I'm not against fleece, but just curious if there might be a better type of fabric.

For those who've done Kaka-clan hoodies before. What did you use for fabric? My sister will likely be starting on mine for Jubei soon and I'm unsure of what to use. Girlfriend is using fleece for her specific but its already gonna be hot enough wearing my cosplay.

I'm not against fleece, but just curious if there might be a better type of fabric.

Cotton is always good, easy to sew, and it breathes well, but it gets torn and dirty easily. Personally, for a Kaka hoodie, I would use a goot heavy cotton polymer blend for the main body of it, and then just use a cheap wal-mart fabric for the ears/design/other misc. bits.

EDIT!: best part of using cotton is that you get a free coat out of the deal that you can wear not as a cosplay too. Not the warmest thing, but makes for a good windbreaker.

I just finished a Jubei, we went to Target and got a 100% cotton robe, than got some matching fabric and expanded it, then dyed it.

Yeah, sure. I wouldn't worry about not having her guns, it's not a huge deal.

You coming to the BB shoot? Saturday, 3 PM @ the Outdoor Fountains. I'll be in Kokonoe, come say hi :)

I saw you a few times, it was great! But I missed the shoot, I was so mad! :( My friend left his badge at the hotel so we ran back to get it and when we got back all that was left was a Hazama.

I am looking to do Hazama for NYCC/NYAF and probably Anime Boston as well. I haven't been to a con this season, is he being overplayed at all? I seem to see a fair number of pictures him floating around recently.

Sort of.

Cuz he's cool and attractive and outfit is somewhat easy to half ass.

If you do an epic job it shouldn't matter though.

I saw you a few times, it was great! But I missed the shoot, I was so mad! :( My friend left his badge at the hotel so we ran back to get it and when we got back all that was left was a Hazama.

Awww, that sucks Dx Around maybe like, quarter to 4 we decided it was too hot out, and we went to the Indoor Fountains to continue the shoot there. Maybe you'd come at that point...?

I am looking to do Hazama for NYCC/NYAF and probably Anime Boston as well. I haven't been to a con this season, is he being overplayed at all? I seem to see a fair number of pictures him floating around recently.

Yeah, he is.

Then again, if you can pull him off better, then I wouldn't be discouraged. Go the extra mile and all that.

I'll toss a few Otakon pics up later, mad tired, just got home.

Awww, that sucks Dx Around maybe like, quarter to 4 we decided it was too hot out, and we went to the Indoor Fountains to continue the shoot there. Maybe you'd come at that point...?

I came after it had finished. There was a Hazama there I asked and he said they had finished about five minutes ago :(

Since everyone should see it, there was a crazy-awesome Nu with a full-sized Murakumo unit at Otakon this year:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2656690/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2656691/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2658700/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2658701/

(Linking to her photos on coscom to be sure she gets the credit, because holywow was she awesome)

Nitpick, nitpick.

A gem from the shoot (as far as poses anyway):

"So, how's your mom doing, Kokonoe?"

kokobeatingsbyCountMetal-small.jpg

Beatings ensue. (You can't see from this angle, but I have him by the collar :kitty:)

EDIT: Also, there was a Teach Me, Miss Litchi! skit at Masq this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L12SB6sYdpU

I saw the Ragna and Tao's costumes up close and was really impressed with their craftsmanship- the Arakune looks superb as well (they got the Best Craftmanship award for good reason). Ragna's Grimoire even lit up, and the Tao had accurate heel-less shoes.