Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gorehound

Dustloop Cosplay Thread

Here's a few more Hakumen shots I have:

21ad47r.png

116ni4o.png

1076u8p.png

29vo1z7.png

Sadly, there don't seem to be many battle-form Nu or Lambda's on Cure :c Makes me sad.

And. Hazama. I. Love. That. Pose.

http://i25.tinypic.com/20ppsw7.jpgb

Oh god... Oh... my god... BY THE GODS, THIS HAZAMA IS WIN!

My god, man, that ragna, being a guy won't stop me from saying he's pretty. DAMN.

Seconded.

Thirded. Is thirded vialble, cuz I never hear anyone say thirded, so...

Looking foreward to saving up enough cash for a Valkenhayn cosplay. That is all. Expect pics as outfit pieces come together.

Cardboard can do the trick. c: If your not satisfied, get it made from stainless steel, but that's usually banned from conventions.

Wood can also work then paint it silver using car paint or spray paint, whatever rocks your boat. c:

This is from experience though. o: So it's really up to you.

Yeah, I'd go with cardboard or wood. Getting any 'real' knives will get you tossed out of a con, I know of no con that allows live steel (other than being sold in the dealer's room fully packaged up, in some cons).

Depends which materials you're more comfortable working with. For wood, you'll need woodworking skills. If you want to go with cardboard/paperstock, look into a guy named Featherweight, he's a whizz prop maker that uses paper and cardboard and has great construction tutorials. Also keep in mind whether you want the knife to be able to fold up, as it does in the references.

That knife the cosplayer has, actually, to me, looks like it's made from lionboard, a foamboard-like material that's used in Japan. It's essentially a brand of very versatile, thin, flexible, durable polyurethane foam board. Cosplay.com is gonna start selling it soon but they haven't yet, so a comparable polyurethane foam board would be your best bet for that.

I'm getting ready to make an alt colored Taokaka cosplay to be debuted at Youmacon. Just got the hoodie for it, now I need fabric and some dye to make it the correct shade of blue. I'm hoping to be able to show progress pics as I get it put together.

Assuming your con has a no-metal policy, wood is the way to go from what I've been seeing. Friend of mine is prepping up his cosplay as Ragna for Youmacon (I date secrets up there) for our Blaz group and he is about to put the finishing touches on his sword. Absolutely gigantic and the detail on it is amazing. He has his pictures set to private on Facebook or I'd show you how it looks. I plan to go the same route for Musashi (Yes, I'm cosplaying Jubei, leave me alone) but he also had help with the woodwork since his friends dad is very good at woodworking. He pretty much just painted it and voila.

And by Gigantic, I mean I tried lifting it when he showed it to me the first time and I barely could do that. Watching my sister attempt to lift it was even more humorous because the weapon is almost taller than she is (she's 4'11''), and it seems very well proportioned for a guy who is 6'6''.

But yeah, we'll be at Youmacon. I seriously hope to debut my Jubei, and I will definitely be there with the Ragna and Tao above. We wanted to get more in our group (Get my sister and her friends to do the NOL trifecta) but that might have to wait for Ohayocon.

Man Youmacon... I wonder what the likelihood of me going at the last second like last year is.... I'll have to look into it.

Maybe I should actually finish Mu for that....

Agh, people keep trying to drag me to go to Youma.... but it's during school and my workload at school is just so insane I have no idea if I'd be able to wing it, especially with classes 9-4 on both Monday and Friday :/

I might try to get down there, though, and if I do Kokonoe'll be there.

On another note.. I think I've decided my next big costume will be

Saya the Imperator

or, as I've dubbed h

er

until better known, Spoiler the Spoilator. Prolly gotta wait until better references come out, though.

I'm gonna go insane on this one, lmao.

Oh man I just realized why this Nu was wearing high heels:

3029isz.png

At first I thought it was kind of random and not something you'd wear walking around all day... But look at how her feet are positioned. It's the same way Nu's are when she's floating.

That or it was a coincidence. :P

Kitsoru that future idea sounds so badass.

Yumi wants to be Kokonoe some time in the future when she's not broke she told me... D:

I want to be Makoto really bad now, but I'll go crazy figuring out that tail.

I would only be missing my Friday classes. I'm taking classes all 5 days a week next semester but there's only two of them every day. (Two MWF's, Two TuTh's) And I figure if I don't miss much of any classes all semester that I can skip this one.

Amusing thing is, the group that I'm going with all go to the same school I do, so we're all likely to just be skipping Friday.

Lets just hope theres no exams this day.

Ha, my school only allows 2 absences a semester, so yeah, I can't just skip easily D:

I'm more worried about getting there, especially money-wise. I would probably think about taking a bus but... I've never been anywhere in Michigan and I have no idea how I'd get to the con center, no clue where it is in relation to Detroit's bus depot.

^ How many absences I have depends on who my teachers are. Some are very strict on the 2 unexcused then take off points after. I'd only be missing 2 classes through the whole day as all of my classes are in the morning. We'd just leave in the afternoon. I don't know how many of those with me will want to miss classes though. (Though some of them don't even schedule Friday classes. Mine was just a necessity)

I've only been up to Michigan for one particular instance, and it wasn't in Detroit. It was in the Ann Arbor area. Its about a 4 hour drive for us from the Akron area and we're taking two cars (I have two cosplays I'm doing, friend of mine has his gigaton sword and his cosplay, my sister and her friend are doing cosplay and we have to pack like 7 people in between 2 small Honda's. xD)

Gonna be fun though. Haven't done any con's outside of Colossalcon and Ohayocon.

I have like one class on Friday next semester I think.

Problem for me is getting there. I hitched a ride with a stranger via the Internet last year... I'd like to avoid doing that again [though apparently that guy knows my boyfriend.. xD].

When I'm at college I'm too far from home for anyone else I know to take me... >>;

I have like one class on Friday next semester I think.

Problem for me is getting there. I hitched a ride with a stranger via the Internet last year... I'd like to avoid doing that again [though apparently that guy knows my boyfriend.. xD].

When I'm at college I'm too far from home for anyone else I know to take me... >>;

That sounds like a horrible idea, you know. Like...Like an invitation for bad things to happen to you! Yes, indeed, avoid doing that again.

We had a few out of staters rooming with us at Ohayocon, but we knew they were staying with us. All of them were really cool the entire weekend, had no issues with messes, money problems, etc.

Also.. Barberton? you're like 30 minutes from me. xD