Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gorehound

Dustloop Cosplay Thread

Dexter, do you have more photos? O_o Your bb team look so good. and your costume isn't crappy

My cosplay group teammates have some, but I have to take these photos from them. I have a video of our cosplay skit, but it's in Russian anyway lol.

If anyone needs it I will post some photos but laaater.

Why I haven't seen any Arakune cosplays is beyond me. He needs love too.

D:

Heres a couple :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

anddd some other stuff I found today....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hi there ^^ me and my boyfriend plan to cosplay rachel and ragna for anime expo this year,this will be my first cosplay where i have 800 dollars saved up for it, as well as my first time for ax, I want to make a good impression, so I plan to do it as professional as possible, still though, I'm worrying it won't come out good enough, my main concern is the wig...

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/9/3/2/8/3/webimg/274619461_o.jpg as much as I love it, the bangs are not like her's and I have no idea how to style it without ruining the wig for re-use, that would kind of be silly to buy a wig and only re-use it for one cosplay... I was hoping to have it be used for mayabe utau from shugo chara later on or something (like if a friend barrows it) since its really nice and all, and you can always detach the clips for a shorter haired character...so once again im at loss, I'm by no means a prefectionist, but i'm really tired of giving a cosplay my all and have nothing good to show for it, I've went through buying cosmetic contacts, costmetic plaster fangs, custom comissioned umbrella, dress made from a lolita cosplay shop, bought these boots: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/908/blazbluerachelalucardco.jpg and even went to the trouble to get my hair ribbons commissioned, I would be heartbroken if this didn't end up right because of the stupid bangs : [ what should I do? I've also found its really difficult to find a decent quality ragna wig -.-; the ones i've looked at were spikey and all but not long enough : / oh well..

he would be someone else, but we thought that suited him the best because hes pretty tall for an asian, actually the same height, 6ft , and blonde hair just would not look so well on him :x I really don't want to have to back out on this >< I apologize if I seem uptight about it or anything, i'm trying really hard not to be.. I just am not sure what to do..if anyone has any suggestions please let me know, thank you for your time for reading this ^^;; I know it was quite a mouthful.

and would you say this is okay for ragna? or should we just try to have it comissioned...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PP005-Genuine-White-Death-Note-Cosplay-Wig-Free-Ship_W0QQitemZ180439316043QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item2a0305764b

:psyduck:

Yeah but your feet would hurt like none other walking around at a convention in those all day.... :3 but for the sake of cosplay accuracy I'm sure some people would do it

haha nice point xD well personally I enjoy wearing japanese platforms all day, much more comfy to me then sneaks, though I can't say too much for my creepers >>;

I guess my feet will hurt all day if they do, but like you said, for the sake of cosplay DX lol.

Now THAT is a good Ragna. The jacket is so shiny, I want it!

uhg tell me about it~

I really like his wig, hmm, I tried looking around for silver -.- but it had worse results then white, mayabe I should just get this comissioned : /

So one by one:

1. Rachel's wig: at first you should note that she's not blonde, her hair are clearly yellow. it could depend on art of course and there are art with her as blonde - but check her defaut costume, for example, here or at her latest art released here. You see, there is a difference between blonde hair in Blazblue - for example Jin, Noel and Rachel.

Another important issue is that with using wig with separate bangs you will ruin her back hairstyle. Check how she looks from behind: artbook page scan

That's impossible to style her like that so here is my advice: buy one really long yellow wig and make a ponytails from it.

Wig example

2. About Rachel's boots - you've saved quite a sum for your cosplay, I suppose that it should be as accurate as possible. You know, she doesn't have any heels - I've mentioned it before.

I suppose you will be able to find a master/shoe repair/etc. who will be able to make custom boots for Rachel. This could be quite a price but results will be good.

3. About Ragna - as Ragna cosplayer I tell you don't buy that wig! Your boyfriend will end like me - being ashamed of his short wig. At first - Ragna isn't blonde. His hair are more grey than white.

We've ordered another wig for me but I don't know how will it fit. Here is that wig: link. When it will arrive, I will tell you if that wig is suitable or no.

So one by one:

1. Rachel's wig: at first you should note that she's not blonde, her hair are clearly yellow. it could depend on art of course and there are art with her as blonde - but check her defaut costume, for example, here or at her latest art released here. You see, there is a difference between blonde hair in Blazblue - for example Jin, Noel and Rachel.

Another important issue is that with using wig with separate bangs you will ruin her back hairstyle. Check how she looks from behind: artbook page scan

That's impossible to style her like that so here is my advice: buy one really long yellow wig and make a ponytails from it.

Wig example

2. About Rachel's boots - you've saved quite a sum for your cosplay, I suppose that it should be as accurate as possible. You know, she doesn't have any heels - I've mentioned it before.

I suppose you will be able to find a master/shoe repair/etc. who will be able to make custom boots for Rachel. This could be quite a price but results will be good.

3. About Ragna - as Ragna cosplayer I tell you don't buy that wig! Your boyfriend will end like me - being ashamed of his short wig. At first - Ragna isn't blonde. His hair are more grey than white.

We've ordered another wig for me but I don't know how will it fit. Here is that wig: link. When it will arrive, I will tell you if that wig is suitable or no.

Hrmm. Well I do know that Rachel's hair is yellow but imo sometimes cosplays look better with a few changes honestly the Rachel cosplayers with blonde wigs look much better than the ones with yellow ones. For example if anyone is familiar with C.C. from Code Geass a more grass green wig looks much better than an electric green wig.

However with the wig melonpan posted the bangs can be brushed so they go all the way across since they are just swept into the sections in that picture and you could just cut them shorter like Rachel's so theres not really any way to reuse it for the other character if you do that...unless the other characters hair is like that? And also about your idea about using a long yellow wig Dexter its very difficult to put a wig into ponytails and such it becomes problematic there is however a tutorial on how too but its kinda of difficult... http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigtutorial_parting.html here is that tutorial.

Also there is alot of information and helpful people on the cosplay.com forums http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigtutorial_parting.html this is a very helpful thread :3

And about the Ragnya wig, I think that wig looks fine for it but of course you wouldn't be able to style it. If you do want to style one to be extra spikey I'd suggest the punky wig from Cosworx.com http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16459&cat=2471&page=1 :3 its the best wig for super spikey stuff~

I hope this was helpful :3

I agree with YuYu about the Rachel wig color. Yellow wigs just look way too gaudy in my opinion, so I always use blond ones [i cosplay too many yellow haired/blond people... >>]. The one you have could be fixed, as she said in her post above me.

Lol sorry to tell but the second Arakune is too poor, but the holes looks better than the first. Why all the people use paper for the mask? Isn't DAS better?

xD Yeahhh. The 2nd one is pretty bad, but there were only two on Cure so I just posted both :3

So one by one:

Wig example

thank you ^^ I appriciate your help, but the shoes are not heels , heheh they are platforms and bought from a shop just as you suggested, thats one thing I will have to disagree with in terms of accurate-ness, your right about the ragna wig, its bleh... but the rachel one's color I think is more 'realistic' and, the yellow ones they had for sale weren't made of good quality fibers ;_;' but thank you, I can always try messing with the bangs~ i had one like this in purple and its actually smooth in the back, just in that specific picture they didn't take a good position of it x3 but, again I appriciate your help. if when it comes in its as you said, I may try to make one myself, but making pigtails in the past hasn't quite worked out >>; -goes to check out the guide- :3

Well I do know that Rachel's hair is yellow but imo sometimes cosplays look better with a few changes honestly the Rachel cosplayers with blonde wigs look much better than the ones with yellow ones.

From my point of view cosplay is not about "I want to look good", it's about "I want to look exact like that character in 3D". Rachel cosplayers with blonde wigs probably look better that's right - but they look like cute blonde gothic loli with umbrella, not like Rachel. And there is another one obstacle called Jin. If Jin and Rachel cosplayers (from one group for example) stand together Jin has to use almost pale-white wig to show the difference in hair color (because they cannot have the same hair color of course) - and just you remove Rachel from him and he will look like a bleached Jin.

This is nothing but my opinion but I suppose that to hear something like "Hey, your wig color is wrong, don't cosplay fanart" is much worse than "Hey why don't you use blonde wig you could look better with it".

And about ponytails - it's possible to style it even by amateur (as shown at guide you've provided, that's quite a good guide by the way), and of course there are a lot of master who'll be able to make it professionally.

And about the Ragnya wig, I think that wig looks fine for it but of course you wouldn't be able to style it.

Ragna spikes are quite thick, the wig has to be thick as well. As for me, I deal mostly with japanese kanekalon in wigs - and let me tell you these wigs could be styled easily. We use got2b glued (check it here or here for USA, glued section, spray). It really holds everything =)

Anyway we'll have to style that wig as soon as it will arrive.

Ragna spikes are quite thick, the wig has to be thick as well. As for me, I deal mostly with japanese kanekalon in wigs - and let me tell you these wigs could be styled easily. We use got2b glued (check it here or here for USA, glued section, spray). It really holds everything =)

Anyway we'll have to style that wig as soon as it will arrive.

:3 got2b is like the best stuff ever~<3 I used like a whole can of it on my Axel wig xDD

:3 got2b is like the best stuff ever~<3 I used like a whole can of it on my Axel wig xDD

Kingdom Hearts Axel? Yeah, it's reeeeally spiky. I was confused for a moment thinking of Axl Low lol

Kingdom Hearts Axel? Yeah, it's reeeeally spiky. I was confused for a moment thinking of Axl Low lol

Haha yep. Kingdom Hearts. I suppose I should have put that wasn't thinking that there was an Axl in GG too lolol.

Double post ftw. rofl boredom leads me to spamming threads with lots of pictures :vbang:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

....lots of Noel....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

People's eyes in cosplay pictures always seem to disturb me the most. :8/:

Haha yeah. Probably cause of the "cosplay" colored contacts....some look so fake xD

I'm making a carl costume. ;_; The hat was hard for me. I hope to finish this costume for the next week ;_;

@Wendy :3 :3 oh my gosh. Do want to see when your done! @Jam xD a Nirvana cosplay would be epic...do eeet.