Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZeroRaider

[CP2.0] Hazama Gameplay Discussion

j4DD vs. j6D~~D, which one do you guys use the most for closing in?

I've been playing Hazama forever but this is actually one of the few nuances I never quite understood about the character.

j6D~~D gives slightly higher frame advantage if you end up hitting/making the opponent block, but it is overall a negligible difference.

if you super jump back then you DO have to use j6D~~D to get the same movement, but why sjb.j6D~~D if you can just jb.j4DD?

j4DD is a bit more prone to crossing up the opponent when used when close to the opponent (say, match start distance) but if you end up a bit further away then it's pretty much the same.

j6D~~D flings you to the ground and therefore gives you the chance to try to do cute stuff like faking a jB but going for 5B/2B, in most situation (if not ALWAYS) the opponent could just mash 5A to hit you out of jB and dash 5B/2B though.

Against normals like Ragna's 6A ("slow" frame 1 invincible AAs) they end up working the same (j4DD j1B or j6D~~D j1B will often "safe jump" Ragna's 6A, that's also why most good Ragnas will go for 5A AA or 6A unless they are going for an hard read/you use j2C a lot over jB).

so, uh, yeah, how do you feel about these two chain movements?

j4DD vs. j6D~~D, which one do you guys use the most for closing in?

Personally, if I'm trying to quickly close the gap on someone, I'll use j.4DD. it sling shots him across the screen pretty fast, you can hit people with the infamous slingshot air grab if they jump to avoid blocking, give you the option of crossup if you're close enough and generally good for making them block/getting across the screen. Of course you have to watch out for anti airs. I almost never use j.6D~D. Barely ever think about it honestly xD

Though, Another option I use to close the gap is 5DD > jDD. If you use this route and they block the initial 5D, they can't anti air you. If they try to anti air you, they get counter hit. And you're low enough to the ground so you're at advantage when you reach them, so if they try to anti air at close range they get hit instead. Really good movement option in my opinion as well.

Though chain movement is a big thing all Hazamas need more work on. I'm trying to work on more movement/mixup options from chains atm...

So, after playing for a few days, I've noticed I have a problem with people rolling out of the corner. Specifically after ...j.5Cx5>j.214B if they don't emergency tech, they mostly roll out. What try to do to prevent this is 2A>5C and sometimes it tags 'em but most of the time Haz doesn't turn and just 2A's towards the corner (where they're no longer at).

How do you guys deal with late teching and rolling? 

You sure you are timing the 2A consistently? If so they are delaying the roll more than likely. 2B should punish that. Back in 1.1 I used stance, 66, A to catch all rolls but i don't think that's as good now since it a causes a knockdown. Does the super OS still work?

Sent from my ZTE-X500 using Tapatalk 2

Zaneiga is faster I believe, but I think it's still -2

Anyone ever figure out why 5A wiffs on Hakumen?

Just tried it out and it seems that it will whiffs on crouch blocking Hakumen if you just input 5A pause 5A pause 5A. Now if you just mash 5A, the second 5A onwards will hit Hakumen. This is probably due to Hakumen's hurtbox when he starts shifting into blocking animation. Also it will rarely whiff when Hakumen is crouch barrier blocking.

Zaneiga is faster I believe, but I think it's still -2

Thanks!

Okay guys, its time to vote on what colors to make it into the next game. I believe true Haz players should understand the importance of bringing your best suit to battle.

Well I guess Famitsu and ASW are saying you were just using him WRONG.

It's most likely just going to be in CF without a vote.

I went for CS-11 (red + gold/yellow accents) and CP mitsurugi's and noze's palette (CP-2 and CP-13?)

tbh I think CP is the version with the best colors so far, most CS-era colors were pretty bad except for the Venom cosplay.