Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZeroRaider

[CP2.0] Hazama Combo Discussion Thread

Forum ate my post when it went down a few days back. :v Good thing it was mostly pasted combos from a personal .txt file, with only a few notes here and there.

Here's some practical OD stuff, didn't bother with neta combos or high health values. Many alternatives to cover any char specific crap:

- 6A > Houtenjin > OD > J.Zanei > 66 5C > 2D > 44 Ressen > 66 5C > 6C > 5DD > j.DA > 4DA > j.7DA > Jakou > Mizuchi
5461, 59 meter and <=34%hp required

- 5C > Houtenjin > OD > J.Zanei > 66 5C > 2DA > 66A > 66 5C > 6C > 5DD > j.DA > 4DA > j.7DA > Jakou > Mizuchi
6914, 52 meter and <=34%hp req
  44 Ressen instead of 66A
6878, 54 meter req
  CT instead of 66A
7368, 90 meter req
  CT instead of Zanei
7469, 93 meter req
(all routes possible off most single hit confirms, except for the first CT one off air normals and 6A. Last route is only possible off 5C, 5B and 6B)

- 5C/5B/6B > Houtenjin > OD > J.Zanei > 6A > 66 5C > 2D > CT > 5C > 6D > Ressen > 5C > 4DA > j.7DA > Jakou > Mizuchi
7689 / 7332 / 7129, 90 meter and <=34%hp req

There's also this I guess, good luck not running out of combo time after Jakou though. Managed to get it down a couple of times just to note its damage without OD Houtenjin and the meter requirement, but original post is rip and I'm lazy to do it again

- Air throw > land OD > 66 5C > 2DA > 66A > 5C > 6DA > 4DA > j.7DA > Jakou > Mizuchi
4769, 17 meter and <=50%hp req
  Ressen instead of 66A
4755, 19 meter req
  CT instead of 66A
5099, 52 meter req
  > 66 5C(1) > 6C > 5DD > j.DA > 4DA > j.7DA > Jakou > Mizuchi
4862, 16 / 4851, 18 / 5196, 49 at <=40%hp
(dmg diff between 40% and 50% versions is actually smaller than numbers indicate, since you get slightly more life drain on the shorter versions)

- Throw > 5DD OD > j.DA > (6)6DA > 4DA > j.7DA > Jakou > Mizuchi
4221, 22 meter and <=60%hp req

- Throw > 5DD OD > j.DA > delay 66D > 66 Ressen > 5C > 4DA > j.7DA > Jakou > Mizuchi
4514, 20 meter and <=50% hp req

If people are still reading the topic, the only problem I have with Hazama is his lack of midscreen combo options and combos that "bring the enemy back down". If I wanna convert an air combo into a grounded one, most characters have some ways of doing that:
-Ragna's Belial Edge, Jin's freezes, Tager's Grand Punisher (63214A in air, have to use rapid though so quite impractical) and 6A, Bang's j.D web nail combos et cetera...

...But Hazama doesn't, at least in my opnion. The only ones that he has are Houtenjin but it wastes quite a bit of combo time and also is 50 meter (belial, freezes and web nail combos are meterless (albeit nail has costs for Bang)), and the other one is Jakou (Hungry Coils) but it does not work at all heights, again need 50 meter to convert midscreen or have to be in corner, and Ressenga, but because only charged version can be combo'd out of, only out of OD chains will this combo most of the time (although I am ok with using OD, not really a tourney player here).

I also find it hard to do stylish stuff with Hazama. Just as an example, this is the most stylish I've got with him in training mode, let's ignore all conditions and just focus on the combo itself.

OD activate (around 50-30% hp), charged Zaneiga (Devouring Fang), 5D-A > 6D > D > j.2D-D > ground 4D-D > air combo (j.CC > dj.CCCCC > Hiren or raw Hiren)

(inb4 u can't play haz lol : this was only a combo example, and I also know of Jakou into Rekkazan routes, this was just to show I am out of combo ideas for him and even I say that the above example combo should NEVER EVER be used in a real, serious match)

Some advice on how Hazama can "bring the enemy back down" as I said or how to do more stylish stuff would be great! Hiren rapid routes for me also work only rarely.

As a fun fact, Hitstop is not affected by untech prorate. This can lead to stuff like OD charged Falling Fang (don't know the Japanese name), 6D-A > 6D-A(first SMP) > 6D-A (second SMP) > Houtenjin (Supers are also unaffected by untech prorate) into either raw Rekkazan, or 5D rekkazan, or if you are a beast (character specific) then ANOTHER 6D (third SMP) into Rekkazan. Kinda funny to try and if you are playing local, watching your friend try to mash out to no avail lol.

My best advice for converting air to air confirms into full combos would be going back to vanilla or 1.1 CP lol

Seriously though, his ability to convert virtually any stray hit into a full combo by utilizing delayed j.Cs was one of the reasons he looked kinda dumb back then. Even the characters you listed, however, can only convert with j.D/Belial off very specific confirms and at certain heights, which don't lead to particularly strong combos anyway.

CS2/EX Hazama used to be the type of character who dealt mosquito bites, until he got the one good confirm which destroyed your health bar. That kind of changed in CP, mainly because of the meter gain changes most likely, but that made him feel more streamlined. Now, it feels like Houtenjin confirms actually matter again, albeit not as much as in CS2, since he couldn't do -anything- midscreen without meter/Zaneiga back then. I do wish he had an easier, less finicky way to convert from 2C AA into meaningful damage, however.

Well, the problem is not air to air confirms but, like Ragna's Belial, dragging down the enemy back to the ground and continuing to combo from there. CSE Hazama had a very easy way to do it with Wind Serpent's Fang (Hirentotsu) since it dealt hard knockdown back then but now that it's emergency techable it's only good for oki and nothing more. Oh, how I miss that silly (hard to do but really fun) Hirentotsu loop (confirm into it then [5C > 2C > TK Hiren]xN) and the ability to just knockdown with it in general.

Ragna's Belial is not as hard as you think if you get the timing and positioning down, just pointing it out but this is a Hazama thread after all so I won't go too much in depth here, but he can convert 2C CH into damage with charged Falling Fang, can't he?

Forgot to mention but (sorry for going off topic again) Ragna also has Spin Kick (Gauntlet Hades follow up) and OD ax kick after his Divider as a "re-ground tool", Hazama still has only a few, with most of them also being situational and some of them being character specific.

EDIT : Just tried out CP Hazama and he is more like his CSE counterpart with a Zaneiga that launches on non-charged hit, groundslide backthrow and the hard knockdown Hiren but it seems he doesn't have his Hiren loop anymore and it only works on CP version and edition select is usually disabled almost everywhere expect offline and I don't wanna force the others in a hotseat party for example to also play CP version of their characters just because I wanna play CP hazama. Still will play with this from time to time.