Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashenwraith

New and Scrubbin it with Ky -- HELP plz

Alright, so I just got Reload and I put it on maniac and picked Ky because I heard he is like Ryu. Anyways, the game seemed pretty easy just poking and doing specials until I got to I-No towards the end. She's such a cheap bitch with that guitar with wings super thing and it looks like she can do it as much as she wants. She goes to the edge of the screen so I can't jump over her and then she can change what type of super she's doing. Right now my strat is throw 2 of those big ass hadokens at her and then go to the edge of the screen and duck block or try to duck block under it (depending on the pattern). You have to be careful because it acts as an overhead it seems sometimes and other times it just goes all over the place and seems to hit you no matter what. Then if you do block it it chips the shit out of you. It's annoying as hell, especially when you first face her and have never fought her before -- I feel like I have to learn everything about the stupid supers in advance. She moves pretty fast and counters in the air and keeps knocking down my 'baseball truck' dragon punch thing with the hat speaker. Still, I would be beating her if she didn't spam the crap out her super towards the end of the match. Also she has this pimp slap that seems to be invincible and sometimes it stuns through block and other times it doesn't??? She tries do some loop thing with it and if I get lucky I can backdash out (is there something better to counter this?). I tried reading the instructions for this game but everything is like in ascii, japanese, and ingrish with this dust heavy 7p whatever stuff. I can't figure out any supers either -- can someone translate to jab, kick and slow swing, fast swing. I don't want to spend all day in training mode memorizing combos, I just want to kick her ass right now! Just FYI so far I can do the: - Green Sabre - Baseball Truck - Slide - fast hadoken + air - slow hadoken + air I also know the airdash/double jump/super jump.

I hate to tell you this, but the reason we use lingo is because it's the fastest way to learn a combo and understand a tactic. Beyond that, there's no shortcut beyond it because it's already enough of a shortcut as is. 6P is :f:+:p:, that simple.

The best I can tell you is to read the guides. If there's terms you don't get, you can ask in the general questions section.

If you still don't get something, be it Ky-specific, you can ask, but more than likely most of the questions can be answered by reading the threads already available. Trust me on this, even I get lost sometimes, but you will learn a lot.

I hate to tell you this, but the reason we use lingo is because it's the fastest way to learn a combo and understand a tactic. Beyond that, there's no shortcut beyond it because it's already enough of a shortcut as is. 6P is :f:+:p:, that simple.

The best I can tell you is to read the guides. If there's terms you don't get, you can ask in the general questions section.

If you still don't get something, be it Ky-specific, you can ask, but more than likely most of the questions can be answered by reading the threads already available. Trust me on this, even I get lost sometimes, but you will learn a lot.

Hey, I've read through there, but it likes reading the dictionary.

I understand all of that stuff, but applying it is something different.

It's like if I went out and bought a martial arts manual and it's like "Touch of Death: Force ki up into your arm with two breaths, then force out around chakra point A, B, C and rotate to x,y,z and strike opponent with fluff in the wind."

I just got and started playing the game and I don't want to get bogged down with tech lingo while I'm still deciding whether I want to keep playing it.

Can't you just tell me what you do to kick I-No's ass so I can maybe do it too?

==============

Btw (in case I don't figure this out the next time I play) dust is for supers right, but does it do anything else (any other attacks)?

I think I might not have binded that key properly so I don't use that button (which might be why I can't get any supers out).

kick her ass before she kick your ass? :psyduck: about that wing of death(megalomania) the key is "DO NOT GET HIT BY IT!" the move chipping damage like crazy, and jumping to her back will makes all the projectile homes to u. so don't jump to her back! u already know how to avoid the high arc pattern, for the wave pattern take position on the high wave, were the projectile goes over your head and walk slowly toward her when she start shooting(Ky Hit box is pretty wide, proceed carefully). For the wide pattern, stand next to her time your vertical jump and double jump to avoid all the projectile about Hat Speaker Super (Fortissimo) that should teach you not to do any random Baseball Truck as the punishment is pretty whack anyway... learn the lingo dude, reading the guide without understanding it, is like reading an alien dictionary :psyduck:

beating boss i-no means absolutely nothing. it's like beating boss bison in A3, or boss gill in 3S. It really doesn't help your game much if you beat her. If you have #Reload, then just play online. Playing AC with real ppl in real life is better but i assume that's not an option for you? bottom line is don't get hung up on boss i-no. Beating her proves absolutely nothing.

kick her ass before she kick your ass? :psyduck:

about that wing of death(megalomania)

the key is "DO NOT GET HIT BY IT!" the move chipping damage like crazy, and jumping to her back will makes all the projectile homes to u. so don't jump to her back! u already know how to avoid the high arc pattern, for the wave pattern take position on the high wave, were the projectile goes over your head and walk slowly toward her when she start shooting(Ky Hit box is pretty wide, proceed carefully). For the wide pattern, stand next to her time your vertical jump and double jump to avoid all the projectile

Hey thanks, I was actually going to try sliding under the wave as it comes down and double jumping the other close up, but I didn't want to risk it plus if you are really far away from the wave and duck blocking the chip sometimes is minimal (i don't know why). Would sliding work as well as walking or better on the wave one?

about Hat Speaker Super (Fortissimo)

that should teach you not to do any random Baseball Truck as the punishment is pretty whack

Hey, I wasn't doing random ones -- I literally was about to smack her ass out of the sky several times and suddenly she busts out a speaker and interrupts my shoryuken before it hits her.

anyway... learn the lingo dude, reading the guide without understanding it, is like reading an alien dictionary :psyduck:

This is true man, but I have less than an hour playing this game and I've never played a game where I need to run to the manual so soon.

beating boss i-no means absolutely nothing. it's like beating boss bison in A3, or boss gill in 3S. It really doesn't help your game much if you beat her. If you have #Reload, then just play online. Playing AC with real ppl in real life is better but i assume that's not an option for you?

bottom line is don't get hung up on boss i-no. Beating her proves absolutely nothing.

She's the boss? I thought justice was the boss of this game?

That might explain why she's so hard -- does she have all of these supers when you play her normally?

I just got the game on my comp so I haven't really tried anything other than playing ky up to I-No, getting my ass kicked, and then just messing around with testament (who btw seems weird as hell by laying all of these invisible traps around it seems?)

I have no clue if I'm playing him right but I just targeted the char so the raven can attack, then spammed traps and tried to slap the character into them (or back dash/retreat so they follow me into them).

Hmm.. I think the main reason I'm losing to I-No solely because I can't do supers. I remember in a Ky mirror match that he has this super where electric balls surround him and he comes at you and you can't block it in the air. Since I-No is always in the air when I play against her I'm pretty sure if I hit with that it would help a lot. I'm going to have to figure out this dust key stuff.

dust -> go to option -> key config, if u had the ps2 version, the default button for dust is R1 shoulder button that super command is half circle back forward + slow swing / 632146hs (in alien languange) btw in game if u press start, u can view each character special moves back + any 2 button that isn't dust/FD -> to block something that can't be blocked mid air (green ring circling your character) u better start re-read the link that Blade gives u ~_~

For reference here...what the hell is a Baseball Truck??? Also, I highly recommend watching match and combo videos, since simply "reading" tutorials o[finput][/finput]bout combos doesn't seem to help you.

dust -> go to option -> key config, if u had the ps2 version, the default button for dust is R1 shoulder button

that super command is half circle back forward + slow swing / 632146hs (in alien languange) btw in game if u press start, u can view each character special moves

back + any 2 button that isn't dust/FD -> to block something that can't be blocked mid air (green ring circling your character)

u better start re-read the link that Blade gives u ~_~

I'm using the PC version so it's in Japanese and a lot of the keys are in question marks/ascii when you bind them.

That's for the super info, I'll try it out later.

BTW, What exactly is that green ring -- it seems to come out if I mash when blocking.

For reference here...what the hell is a Baseball Truck???

Also, I highly recommend watching match and combo videos, since simply "reading" tutorials o[finput][/finput]bout combos doesn't seem to help you.

"Baseball Truck!" is what Ky yells out when he does his dragon punch instead of "Shoryuken!"

I played for about another hour last night and I can beat I-No about 9 out of 10 times thanks to vs CPU. I like that VS CPU keeps the AI on max level instead of gradually making them harder like in arcade (it sucks that I can't make it pick random though).

Is there another mode that has random characters on the highest AI?

I tried survival but it was really boring beating on those punching bags and leveling up while waiting for the shadow people to jump in. I can see how that mode could easily go up to level 1000+ and it's way too much grinding for me.

It seems like Ky's best move is that quick backslash and poking with anything else is rarely safe. You think they would have just made that a simple key press instead of back + h.slash or wait, wait "4H" in gg notation, right?

The only super I can do right now is qcfx2 jab (236x2p?) which just seems to be a charged fireball without as much charge and more speed, but it's useful to throw as a combo when the cpu is hit out of range or to counter certain stuff (not that great against I-No as she can often go over even if it looks like she's about to land on it or counter with her speaker hat thing).

BTW, is May like the best character in this game? She takes/gives a lot of damage, she's fast, has good range, small, she can jump it seems higher than any other character so a lot of anti-air misses if you're not careful. She can throw out the dolphins really fast too and use them like a shield to block your first hit. That whale super takes up like the whole screen and easily hits you if you're laying on the ground.

The AI is not that good with her (I have it set on maniac), but she seems like she would be really hard in a match of even or more skill.

This should help you a bit as far as move names goes:

http://mimeblade.oddigytitanium.com/Guilty_Gear/Guilty_Gear_Quote_Project/Move_List.txt

And hey, while I'm at it, move quotes too:

http://mimeblade.oddigytitanium.com/Guilty_Gear/Guilty_Gear_Quote_Project/Guilty_Gear_Quote_Project.txt

But yeah, when you get the chance, get Accent Core Plus (PS2/PSP/Wii), you will be happy with the end results.

it hurts to read... Spam stunedges and Far stunedge in air. Stun Dipper when she gets close, and use Shaitokun Righteringat when you have meter. EDIT: and the globe for Oki too.

This should help you a bit as far as move names goes:

http://mimeblade.oddigytitanium.com/Guilty_Gear/Guilty_Gear_Quote_Project/Move_List.txt

And hey, while I'm at it, move quotes too:

http://mimeblade.oddigytitanium.com/Guilty_Gear/Guilty_Gear_Quote_Project/Guilty_Gear_Quote_Project.txt

But yeah, when you get the chance, get Accent Core Plus (PS2/PSP/Wii), you will be happy with the end results.

Haha, thx

KOCCHI DA!! [i'M HERE!!] --- hmmm... not as cool as Baseball Truck -- Like, I'm gonna hit you like a baseball truck! yeah....

Anyways, so after a long battle of trying to update this game I got the english config (which is nice) and the net patch/patcher dlls bla bla bla, got a black screen recopied files black screen repeat, repeat. Then the [] square need to replaced with the # prob, fixed that too bla bla bla.

Anyways, it seems netplay is working and I put in www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi and delay 4, but I haven't tried to play anyone since I'm dloading stuff (but I can see a peeps so everything looks great).

Oh and about the GGXXAC+ stuff... Unless it ends up on the PC or the 360 I'm not going to get around to buying it. Though I heard the emulator is running pretty good for PS2 so I might try it out sometime.

So why is AC+ so much better -- I thought Ky sucked in that one, plus no net play?

I know it's the latest version and all, but the only improvement I could want in this game so far is for it to not buffer my moves, ie a lot of times I might swing and quick fireball, but I do the fireball too soon and about the time it comes out it's not worth doing.

Since I'm new I play this game like I can cancel any move once it connects and hit through falling bodies/recoveries trying to combo/juggle (no concept of limitations or timing).

I thought Ky sucked in that one

Says the guy playing #reload.

heh you dunno about AC ky hes got those forward heavy slash loops and its like unpossible to shake out of then you can do dizzy into dust then punch like 10 times you will beat all your friends with him and become an AC hermit unless you live by me then i can beast on you :)

heh

you dunno about AC ky

hes got those forward heavy slash loops

and its like unpossible to shake out of then you can do dizzy into dust then punch like 10 times

you will beat all your friends with him

and become an AC hermit

unless you live by me

then i can beast on you :)

This is all news to me (except for the part of ky doing dizzy ;P ). I thought people said ky sucked because he can't do enough damage in the later games and it's more balanced in #reload?

I'm joining way to late to form any opinion on this...

Ky doesn't "suck". He's good (every character is good in their own respects), he just does pitiful damage, which can be overcome with skillful play. If you want the best iteration of Ky, play Slash.

Ky doesn't "suck". He's good (every character is good in their own respects), he just does pitiful damage, which can be overcome with skillful play.

If you want the best iteration of Ky, play Slash.

I will as soon as it comes out on PC ;)

Hey what about johnny, can I say he sucks or is that all skillful play too? :P

Oh and one more thing, does anyone get static on their speakers when playing this game?

I've tried messing with my sound card settings and nothing seems to fix it -- it only happens for the sfx. I can play videos and music just fine with the game.

for #r getting your opponent on the floor is a good thing, so just do that as much as possible with crouching dust so you can set up okizeme (which computers rarly ever block) crouching dust (sweep) -> big fireball (while their getting up "okizeme") crouching dust -> forward hard slash (while their getting up) if the fireball or forward hard slash connects you can throw in the combo below and do it again for combos you could pretty much press punch -> kick -> slash -> hard slash-> crouching dust or kick -> slash x2 -> crouching slash -> slide after a slide crouching dust or vapor thrust, you can put pressure by doing forward hardslash or charged cse (big fireball) as they get up a easy vt combo could be greed sever -> standing slash -> crouching hardslash -> vapor thrust (baseball truck?) scrubby tips for you by a scrubby ky

for #r

getting your opponent on the floor is a good thing, so just do that as much as possible with crouching dust so you can set up okizeme (which computers rarly ever block)

crouching dust (sweep) -> big fireball (while their getting up "okizeme")

crouching dust -> forward hard slash (while their getting up)

if the fireball or forward hard slash connects you can throw in the combo below and do it again

for combos you could pretty much press punch -> kick -> slash -> hard slash-> crouching dust

or kick -> slash x2 -> crouching slash -> slide

after a slide crouching dust or vapor thrust, you can put pressure by doing forward hardslash or charged cse (big fireball) as they get up

a easy vt combo could be greed sever -> standing slash -> crouching hardslash -> vapor thrust (baseball truck?)

scrubby tips for you by a scrubby ky

Hey thanks for the info -- do you happen to have any vids showing good oki with ky?

Usually I just do the following:

- The double slash when they are laying down to try and knock them into the corner.

- Charge fireball and run behind to try and slide when they are blocking the top one.

- Charege fireball and run behind ready to jump/airdash and hit/throw them if they try to jump/airdash around the fire ball.

- From the edge of the screen: Charge fireball and when it's about to hit them jump, across air fireball, and air dash back to try get them caught by the screen scrolling.

OMG I love this thread!!! I think I lost a few pounds from :cry::lol: so hard on the previous page. Sorry to laugh at your situation but after hearing that Vapor Thrust was being mistaken for Baseball Truck, I almost died from lack of air. Keep trying and you'll eventually figure out where it is you want to go with Ky. For a future note invest in a PS2. They aren't expensive nowadays (they're like $89 or $99 used @ gamestop) and a copy of Accent Core (go for the plus it's tweaked a bit more).