A.X.I.S.

[CP 2.0] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

Stomp the yard combo:

6B, 6B, RC, 6B, 6B, RC, 6B, 6B xx spark bolt, 6B, 6B ODC, 6B, 6B xx gadget.

Where can we add stomps?

lol thats great!. id love to see someone end a match like that.

for instance this combo would kill if they are at  20% hp

5B, 6B, 6B, RC, 6B, 6B, RC, 6B, 6B xx spark bolt, 6B, 6B ODC, 6B, 6B  2157 dmg

and this one at 30% hp left

5C, 6A, 6B, 6B, RC, 6B, 6B, RC, 6B, 6B xx spark bolt, 6B, 6B ODC, 6B, 6B  3216 dmg

A couple of questions for people. Is 6C faster now? is it as fast as old overhead CP1 6B? Does 6A armor start up faster than CP1? How good is 6A and armor VoltecHammer as anti airs now?

Edit: also was tagers backdash un-nerffed at all?

The fatal combos I am using at the moment is. 6c (fatal), jc, jd, 5c, 6a, 3c, ac (whiff), 6a, bsledge, 5c, 6a, 2c, ac, gf.  5116.

j2c (fatal). 5c, 6c, jc, jd, 5c, 5a, 3c, ac (whiff), 6a, bsledge, 5c, 6a, 2c, ac, gf. 4727.

corner 6c (fatal), jc, jd, 5c, 6a, 3c, ac (whiff), 5c, 6a, a sledge, 5c, 6a, 2c, ac, gf. 5256 (this does side change putting you in corner, best to end early)

Positive there is something better but these are extremely easy, and consistent for me.

I made new match up threads so you guys can have fun there.

I also filled in stuff for Ragna and Jin match up threads.

Probably old stuff, but i theory crafted a DP OS and recorded a shitty video as proof of concept: https://youtu.be/mjNSb_IXoPM

(doing dp with one hand is the real struggle)

should work on DPs slower than 13f.

i've tested a few and it works on mu's DP, izayoi's DP, Jin's C DP, only other one it OSes is probably celica's maybe.

haven't tested others because I have to sleep

edit: i guess this is a universal thing, so i'm sure this isn't new but whatever

edit edit: uh i know jin's C DP is really slow, but this does work on other DPs. i probably shouldve used another character's DP lol.

Make serious use of 6B's feet invulnerability. I know the post says it's not F1 but it has to be damn close. I was able to use it on all kinds of things at casuals, much like Hakumen 6B, except faster.

It's not even the invulnerability, it's the hurtbox/hitbox that makes it great. I've had 3C whiff tons of times when 6B was still vulnerable, just because it raised Tager's hurtbox out of the way. You basically have to be balls deep to actually hit him out of it.

So I take it J.A whiff>J.D doesn't work anymore? Seemed like every time I tried it the other player could recover and block or punish in time after the J.A went over their attack.

Anyone who finished challanges 18 and 19 can give me a tip on timings? In 18 I can't seem to hit 5C reliably after 623C most of the time azreal ends up behind me as im doing 5C. And on 19 I seem to have a height issue getting the first 623A to connect it seems like Azreal is always too high up after the bounce. I get it imediatly after 5C but the heights still wrong.

On 18 you're holding Collider for too long. Just tap 623C>5C>A-sledge without delays. On 19, I can't reliably get the Sledge to connect either. It seems like it's just some really finicky timing on the J.D>5C part.

if the 19 was the 6c FC on the corner one, it doesn't work on already magnetized opponents, you have to add a j.c before the first j.d if already magnetized

A few hundred matches in now, and I really cannot see how this version of Tager is supposed to be so much better than the others. Against aggressive players I feel like my defensive options are worse than they've been in a long time. What exactly am I missing here? I just really don't care for this version much at all.

A few hundred matches in now, and I really cannot see how this version of Tager is supposed to be so much better than the others. Against aggressive players I feel like my defensive options are worse than they've been in a long time. What exactly am I missing here? I just really don't care for this version much at all.

Well, I don't think his defensive options really got much better. You still have to play the same patient game. Its just that if you do, your chances to go on the offensive are a lot more threatening in a wider variety of situations.

If the lack of defensive options bother you, then you'll probably always be disappointed. I don't see him ever getting a good quick anti-air, or a proper reversal. Same thing with mobility options.

I've made do with his meager defensive options since CT, and though his CP1.1 backdash nerf was a big hit he was still mostly the same. In Extend the mix of our even weaker defensive options and characters like Ragna and Jin being disgustingly oppressive makes it really hard for me to enjoy this version. In the corner now more than ever it feels like Tager is just shit out of luck unless you can completely guess what mixup your opponent will throw at you, and even then a lot of it is very difficult to actually punish.

The only thing that tager's lacking is a proper antiair, most of the time i hit people out of their jumpins with 2a they're way too far to be hit by 5c>collider, i mean it's a fairly good antiair, but the lack of head invul makes it easier for rags, jin, tao, etc to really bully tager. MTW is pretty good, a little bit unreliable but if you can catch something with the armor you're in, too bad it doesn't net you a GF or combo anymore without OD TB. Also, no matter how good the backdash is, if you don't use it sparingly you're gonna get baited and punished with more fun time tager only blockstrings

So I've seen some stuff going around and I'm not a huge tager mainer so don't kill me when I say this but has it always been possible to cancel Voltic Charge into Hammer? And if so what is the input

It's been around since CS. Just input the Hammer while still holding D. You have to guard point something for the Hammer to actually come out though.

AH didn't know you needed to GP something first alright cool thanks

Any tips for Challenge # 19 ?

The demonstration shows :

... 234A > 6A > 6C > OVERDRIVE

But the 6C just not conect !!! 

Is there any trick ? Hold the 6A  a little or something.

Well, I don't think his defensive options really got much better. You still have to play the same patient game. Its just that if you do, your chances to go on the offensive are a lot more threatening in a wider variety of situations.

If the lack of defensive options bother you, then you'll probably always be disappointed. I don't see him ever getting a good quick anti-air, or a proper reversal. Same thing with mobility options.

Tager has foot invuln 6B now which is extremely helpful in many matchups, especially Taokaka. It seems like a minor thing at first til you use it enough to get comfortable with ignoring lows with it, not to mention it goes into combos. Being able to mess with their lows encourages them to use other, riskier options. As for anti-air Tager will always have difficulty with that, it's one of his inherent weaknesses that anyone who wants to play him has to learn to deal with.

Any tips for Challenge # 19 ?

The demonstration shows :

... 234A > 6A > 6C > OVERDRIVE

But the 6C just not conect !!! 

Is there any trick ? Hold the 6A  a little or something.

You must land 6A just before they reach the ground for maximum untech time that let's 6C connect.