A.X.I.S.

[CP 2.0] Iron Tager Combo Thread

Oh, nice. I was just going to pop in to ask about this thread existing.

Things I saw from this video. 

5A Grounded Magnetized 

5A > 5B > 3C > AC (whiff) > 6A > 2C > AC > GF (2473 | 22 Meter)

N/3C Starter Grounded Magnetized

3C > AC Whiff > 5C > 2C > AC > 5D > 5B > 5C > 6A > 6B > 6B > MTW (4083)

The 5C midscreen mag route works just as well on the 5B mag route.

DM: 3710

5B>5C>6A>2C>AC>5D>GF Whiff xx 5C>AS>5B>5C>6A>3C>AC whiff xx 6A*>6C>GF

i just want to mention a little something that i first saw in a nico video match recently that only ever seen 1 japanese player discovered incase no one figured it out yet in training mode. When you are at max range from the corner where 5D changes from small wall bounce to wall splat they usualy just drop the combo because it seems like you can only follow up if you have spark bolt, however you can simply still just collider whiff the wall splat just like the wall bounce to pull them back to you and continue the combo with no problem. i would post the combo but i lost track of the particlar video it was.

Another thing is that not even the Japanese players have figuered out any good bnb fatal combos in the arcade. Maybe you guys can beat them to it lol.

What you guys got for non mag corner combos. I am using 5b, 5c, 6a, 3c, a sledge, 5d, b sledge, 5c, 6a, 2c, ac, gf. 3387,

for oki option and to not lose corner 5b, 5c, 3c, a sledge, 5d, b sledge, 5c, 6a, 6b, 6b. (use b sledge after final 6b to catch delay techs, and to set up oki.)

To keep them in corner you can do those :

- 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > 236A > 5B > 5C > 5D > 236B > 5C > 6B > 2D : 3120dmg

- 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > 236A > 5C > 5D > 236B > 6A > 6C > hj2C > 2B > 22D : 3404dmg.

- 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > short delay 236A > 6A > 6C > hj2C > 5B > 5C > 5D > 236B > 5C > 6B > 2D : 3553dmg

I've worked a bit on fatal combos and found something that can be used in to get more damage in the 5B corner combos, first is with no mag and second with it.

- 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > short delay 236A > 6A > 6C > delay 5D > 236B > 6A > 6C > j63214A : 3659dmg

- 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC whiff > 6A > 6C > jD > 5B > 5C > 5D > 236A > 6A > 6C > j63214A : 3845dmg.

FC combos, notations are in the video description : https://youtu.be/6FCSzzrxNFo

I've worked a bit on fatal combos and found something that can be used in to get more damage in the 5B corner combos, first is with no mag and second with it.

- 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > short delay 236A > 6A > 6C > delay 5D > 236B > 6A > 6C > j63214A : 3659dmg

- 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC whiff > 6A > 6C > jD > 5B > 5C > 5D > 236A > 6A > 6C > j63214A : 3845dmg.

FC combos, notations are in the video description : https://youtu.be/6FCSzzrxNFo

Wonderfull video! Its great to Finally see some Fatal Combos for CPE Tager. Cant wait to try them out. I wonder how much more damage Fatals will eventually max out at, with and without crush trigger.

Couple of random combos from a few hours spent in the lab.

No mag/Meterless

- 5C CH > 6C > j.D > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > 5D > GF whiff > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC whiff > 6A* > 6BB > GF [5003 DAM, 40 HG]

- 6C FC > j.C > j.D > 5C > 6C > j.2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > 5D > GF whiff > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC whiff > 6BB > GF [5820 DAM, 46 HG] (GF whiff > 5C doesn't connect on all chars)

(Back to corner) - 2C > AC > 5C > 5D > 236B > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC whiff > 6A* > 6C > j.63214A [4399 DAM, 31 HG]

(Magged) - Forward throw > 236B > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC whiff > 6A* > 6C > j.63214A [3503 DAM, 25 HG]

Just to follow the JP notation, use "6A*" to designate "6A just before they hit the ground for maximum untech time"

I'm not saying people aren't already doing that, just a heads up for what it means.

-----

So here's my input on the new Tager combo theory:

GF exists solely for oki when there is no other option available. 4D and 2D are both incredibly good oki tools now and you should be using them instead. 4D is for midscreen and 2D is for the corner. GF is usually used in combos when you don't have magnetism or the proration is too extended. GF is only +3 which is terrible compared to being +20~40 on the oki 4D/2D provide. If you have difficulty punishing rolls stick to GF but punishing rolls is really an essential talent Tager needs to have because for Tager it's just free throws.

Don't have tunnel vision when it comes to damage. GF usually adds 100 or so to some combos due to it's minimum damage, but 100 damage is not remotely worth sacrificing a ton of potential + every single oki. Don't get me wrong, it definitely sees plenty of use, but Tager has other super good oki options now! (Finally..)

Normal throws are relevant now. You don't want to punish with Buster all the time. 360B is now just for either corner or when you've got Spark Bolt. Don't be afraid to go for those TRM setups with normal throws midscreen cuz Tager gets great rewards on them now.

Midscreen Throws: No-magnetism ~ No-resources

360B>DERP you dun goofed if you don't have Spark Bolt.

DM: 3000 damage and burning shame

360A>GF

DM: 2800 - This exists only for reversals and unburstable damage. Don't punish with it unless you want a safe kill.

B+C>BS>5B/walk forward 5B>5C>5D>AC>GF
DM: 3130 - 5B can be super unstable on some characters, just skip it if you're unsure. It only adds 34 damage.

B+C>BS>6A*>6C>jD>GP 
DM: 3278 - Oh yeah GP exists. Not terribly good oki but it's usable and results in some corner carry.

4B+C>6A*>BS>5B>5C>5D>AC>GF
DM: 3238

Magnetism

360B>5D>derp

DM: 3396 and now you get to enjoy them being way over there. AC doesn't work in fact it just makes them fly to the other side of the screen and far away.

B+C>AC>5D>GFwhiff xx 5C>6A>3C>ACwhiff xx 5C>6A>4D

DM: 3353

B+C>AC>5D>GFwhiff xx 5C>6A>3C>ACwhiff xx 6A*>6C>GF

DM: 3416 - Trying to end this with 4D lets them tech before reaching the ground.

4B+C>5C>AC>5D>GFwhiff xx 5C>6A>3C>ACwhiff xx 6A>4D

DM: 3439

Spark Bolt

360B>SB>6A*>6C>AC>GF

DM: 4594 - Now it actually works!

Magnetism + Spark Bolt

360B>5D>SB>6C>AC>GF

DM: 4656 - Unfortunately doing 6A* here makes GF drop.

I'll do meter combos later, but they're all relatively straightforward. I was going to optimize these some more but then I realized it's 5am!

----

Character Problems:

Ragna - 6A*>6C>GF doesn't work on Ragna, he just bounces over your head. May affect other characters but haven't found them yet.

Kagura - For reasons I cannot fathom, 4D doesn't hit Kagura when he's on the ground. This may apply to other characters as well but so far Kagura is the only one that's given me grief. 6B>4D just doesn't want to hit him when he's launched.

So any idea what's the most optimal ch j.2C combo with/without magnetism and in/out of corner at the moment?

Wow, we can get some stupidly long combos off of fatal 6C. Going off the basis someone else posted in the general thread, I got this: 6C>J.C>J.D>5C>6A>3C>AC whiff>5C>6A>2C>AC>5D>GF whiff>5C>6A>6B>6B>ODC>6B>6B>MTW>TB>GF for 7454 damage.

some new crush trigger fatals from jbbs http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1415486540/l50

6C FC end of screen

stamina red (i think it means heat needs to be auto regenerating?)

6C FC>CT>5B>5C>6C>JD>5C>5D>Bsledge>5C>6A>2C>AC>SB>6B>6B>cOD>6B>6B>MH>TB>Gadget 8327dmg

6C FC>CT>5B>5C>6C>JC>JD>5C>6C>J2C>5B>5C>A sledge>5C>AC>SB>6A>6B>6B>OD>6B>6B>MW>TB>6B>6B>Gadget 8764dmg

(rachel and tager only)
6C FC>CT>5C>6C>J2C>5C>6C>JC>JD>5C>5D>B sledge>5C>AC>SB>6A>6B>6B>OD>6B>6B>MW>TB>6B>6B>Gadget 9099dmg

Edit:

They are also discussing the most oppertune easy ways to land 6C Fatals. It would be nice if we could come up with a list.

Corner CT route, haven't optimized it too much.

DM: 5176

5C>6A>2C>CT>walk forward 5B>5C>6A>AS>5C>5D>BS>5C>6A>3C>AC Whiff>6B>2D

This isn't possible with 5B cuz of distances, so use this route instead

DM: 4062

5B>5C>6A>2C>CT>5B>5C>5D>BS>5C>AS>5C>6A>3C>AC whiff>6B>2D

Anyone know any corner combos I can do on Kokonoe after AC? 5C and 6A doesn't reach her and I can't seem to do anything else after 5D.

Anyone know any corner combos I can do on Kokonoe after AC? 5C and 6A doesn't reach her and I can't seem to do anything else after 5D.

if your close enough to the corner where AC>5D changes from wall bounce to wall splat gadget whiff wont work on wall splat but ACwhiff will work on wall splat. ACwhiff will bring them back close enough for you to still continue the combo when otherwise no other normal move would reach them. For example instead of AC>5D(wallbounce)>GFwhiff>.... you must do AC>5D(wallsplat)>ACwhiff>5C>.... Just experiment with the ranges and timings

Amazing Fatal Combo in this video, works midscreen with full corner carry on ragna for 8217dmg without using CT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia4iqGJeYvo&hd=1&t=1m59s

And this amazing combo does 7362dmg and its not even a fatal nor uses CT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia4iqGJeYvo&hd=1&t=2m39s

6C combos are so great, can you guys come up with a list for good/easy opportunities to successfully land 6C against your opponent? Also can anyone tell if new 6C is any faster than old CP1 6C? like as fast as old overhead 6B was?

Does anyone know of any better combos off of 2C > AC (or raw AC) without Magnetism midscreen?

Currently I use:

2C > AC > RC s.j.D > RC/ODC > j.D > AC > GF

I've only had this situation come up a few times, but if there's a better combo I'd like to know it

Does anyone know of any better combos off of 2C > AC (or raw AC) without Magnetism midscreen?

Currently I use:

2C > AC > RC s.j.D > RC/ODC > j.D > AC > GF

I've only had this situation come up a few times, but if there's a better combo I'd like to know it

Do AC>RC> walk forward 5D>GF >stuff

It doesn't work for some of the usual "small" people, but for them just do 2C>RC>jD>5B>stuff