A.X.I.S.

[CP 2.0] Iron Tager Combo Thread

Midscreen no-mag CH 3C

DM: 3812

CH 3C>6A>BS>5C>5D>GF whiff xx 5C>AS>5B>5C>6A>2C>AC>GF

realllly good confirm now that you should always capitalize on. It's impossible to link a non-ideal 6A off of a CH 3C. On compatible characters you can add 6BB before the 2C but the damage gain is fairly small.

Just bear in mind that this doesn't work on everyone. Pretty much anyone who can't get hit by 6B>4D out of the air won't get hit by this either.

Finally bought CPEX (I'm weak :/ ).

The videos of basic combos are great, but I'd prefere written combos. Can I found them somewhere? The wiki is empty sadly. :/

I've been trying to grind out more delayed 6A combos, and need some help. I've been going through the routes in [BBCPEX] Tager Combo Video , and on several of them I'm having issues with the 5D>GF whiff portion. GF doesn't magnetize the majority of times, and holding it only starts pulling once they've hit the ground and slides them a bit before they can tech. Any ideas what the problem is?

Might as well post some combos I've been playing with.

(mag) GP>RC>6C>AC>5D>GF whiff>5C>236A>5B>5C>6A>3C>AC whiff>6A*>6C>GF   4126 damage 21heat gain after rapid.

(CH) 4D>6A>2C>CT>5B>5C>6A>3C>AC whiff>2C>AC>GF   4272 damage 24 heat gain

(CH) 5D>236B>5C>6A>2C>CT>5B>5C>6A>3C>AC whiff>5C>6A>2C>AC>GF   5016 damage 31 heat gain

Might try BB vs. for my first time online & will try doing some combos in Training.  Not sure if anything in Challenges is worth doing.

Is there a simple B&B one should start with?  I wrote down a corner combo, and I guess I should write down a fatal C one.  And maybe a way to combo in a distortion?

Also, I've read through the topic, but didn't see a guide for Tager/BB notation, so I'm not sure what SB is.  GF & AC I know, and some other stuff.  Thanks.

Edited by indie_animator

Might try BB vs. for my first time online & will try doing some combos in Training.  Not sure if anything in Challenges is worth doing.

Is there a simple B&B one should start with?  I wrote down a corner combo, and I guess I should write down a fatal C one.  And maybe a way to combo in a distortion?

Also, I've read through the topic, but didn't see a guide for Tager/BB notation, so I'm not sure what SB is.  GF & AC I know, and some other stuff.  Thanks.

Watch all 3 of these basic combo videos  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTgGLCzA4bHfmzlzIHhddaw

Edited by TagerTime

Watch all 3 of these basic combo videos  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTgGLCzA4bHfmzlzIHhddaw

Thanks!  Watched all 3.  So many combos, and many look quite tough!  I don't know Hiragana, but figured out & wrote down some based off what I saw & could read:

A combo starting from: 5A hitconfirm, 2C,  jD, throw, backthrow, airthrow, CT (crush trigger, figured out the notation), & 360 B.

That should help get me a start.  I can't do a 720, but hopefully I won't need one by knowing a lot of other stuff.  I can't do combos that go on very long (especially online where they can drop more), so I try to focus on neutral, punishes, etc.  Looking into Hakumen, Kagura, and anyone else I enjoy as possible mains/subs on Sat.  I remember enjoying Tager the most in the previous games, so I figured I'd start w/him.

Edited by indie_animator

Sorry i forgot to add in my last post what the move notations were for you:

SB = Spark Bolt,

DSB or DSpark = Diagonal Spark Bolt,

GP = Gurren Punish/Crimson Meteor

GF = Gadget Finger

AC = Atomic Collider,

AS = A Sledge without Hammer,

BS = B Sledge without Hammer,

Hammer = Sledge follow up attack

ASH = Asledge>Hammer 

BSH = Bsledge>Hammer

VC= Voltec Charge

MTW = Magna Tech Wheel

TB = Terra Break,

CT = Crush Trigger,

RC = Rapid Cancel,

OD = Over Drive

COD = Cancel Over Drive

GETB = 720C

AbusterAdriver = 360A

Bbuster/Bdriver = 360B

AirBuster/AirDriver = 360C

Edited by TagerTime

Thanks for those.  Another weekend of training (no vs. yet), and most combos aren't so basic for me. GF whifs aren't my thing for sure.  But I do see that some combos end w/GF.

Question is, what to do after GF?  Has to be something quick, I guess, maybe A, then some combo?

Re: combos, what's the most common (beginner?) B & B?  There was an overwhelming amount of them in the videos...

Here's the ones I've been practicing:

(Corner) B> C> 6A> 3C> 236A> B> C> D> 236B> C (My longest combo; is there a way to squeeze in a MTW?)

(Crush Trigger) Actually couldn't combo anything off it.  Do people use CTs much?  I've been watching videos off & on for months, but haven't seen them too often.

(Throw) 236B> C> 6A> 6B> 6B> GF> (then what 0.0)

(Jump D) A> 3C> 236A> C> 2D> B> C> D> 236B (I actually drop it around 2D)  And is jD a good move? Not sure what jump attack is best (maybe jC)

(360 B) Spark> 6C> D> AC (Do people buffer 360s from something else?  I'm on pad & am OK w/them, but prefer Potemkin's motion)

And a back throw & airthrow one, but they're low priority.  Hopefully these are a good start, but if other combos should be focused on, please let me know, thanks!

Edited by indie_animator

On that corner combo just do this instead 5B>5C>6A>3C>236A>5C>5D>236B>5C>6B>2D for OKI, or change it to 236B>5C>6A>6BB if you want to do MTW. You can throw it in right after 6BB, or Overdrive and add another 6BB first. Crush Trigger is great in combos, actually. Look five or so posts above yours to see a few I posted a few combos using them. Off throw you have different options depending on if you have mag or not. For a midscreen BnB one of the simplest magnetized routes is 5B>5C>6A>3C>AC whiff>5C>6A>2C>AC>GF, or if you're confident enough in your execution you can do AC>5D>GF whiff>5C>6A>6B>4D. As for buffering 360s, you don't need to do a full circle input, just 6321478A/B. The Buster will come out before your jump.

http://pastebin.com/VKTnzvi2 Part One

http://pastebin.com/epJBkBES Part Two

http://pastebin.com/JEaA4V9z Part Three

Notations for three combo collections on TagerTime's YouTube channel. Late I know, but what can you do, :v. Part 4 is advertised at the end, but that was so long ago, I guess it's never coming. Anyway, see you all in CF.

EDIT: I hope I fixed any errors, I just caught a couple in proofreading.

On 4.2.2016 at 4:30 AM, Snatcher said:

Does anyone have Tager's max damage combos (with or without Rachel/Tager specific) in CPEX? 

Tager/Rachel specific: 

good one snatcher but try this: magnetized rachel or non magnetized tager in the corner have 35% health left

6C > CT > 5C > 6C > J5C > J5D > 5C > 6C > J2C > 5C > 236A > 6A > 6C > 623C > 41236D > 6A  > 6BB > ODC > 6BB > 236236B+236236B > 6A > 6BB > 22D = 9115 

Im sorry im not able to provide a recording but thats what i came up with not much stronger than yours and harder to pull of because of the 6A > 6C in the middle but if you want impressive numbers do it. At the end where you do gadget finger after the stomping you could actually be realy sneaky and do 2C > 623C instead the 2c will hit for measely 7 damage but the atomic collider will snatch them out of their mashing.

Im sure you can provide us with a Recording of this swiftly knowing how diligent you upload Tager tech.

3 hours ago, Snatcher said:

Thanks Neos!

No problem but you it was also possible to 6A > 6BB after the terra break for a measily 10 more damage but i guess no one else will notice^^

4 hours ago, Snatcher said:

Thanks again! 

No Thank YOU for providing us with a video because this combo doesnt fit into the 1200 frame training mode recording :D

On 13.3.2016 at 4:07 PM, Snatcher said:

Thanks again! 

If you still want to i have a few unlimited tager combos im quite proud of but i feel nobody here wants to talk about U tager somehow

but ill just leave them here in case youre interested 

1. Run at your enemy (yes U tager can run) they will try to swipe your feet so you predict with a OD activation now you pray they will jump because they scared of a 720 (this actually happened when i once made a carls 3C whiff with OD):

OD > 236236C > rapid cancel and run UNDER your enemy > 6C after they hit the ground after the cross under > J2C > 5B > 5C > 623D > 6B > 2C > super jump > J5C >J5B > J5C > jump cancel (it gets a little messy here because of hitstun decay) >J5C > 63214A = 9541

2. After you Overdrive through a random/reversal super:

OD > 6C > 632146D > rapid cancel > 41236D > 5C > 623C > 22D (whiff) > 6B > 2C > superjump cancel > J5C > J5B > J5C > jump cancel > J5B > J5C > 63214A = 10530

3. You will probably never land this but its looks nice:

OD > 2363214A (fully charged) > rapid cancel > 6B > 2C > super jump > J5C > J5B > J5C > jump cancel > J5B > J5C > 63214A > = 10412

4. And finally if you manage to land the same as the previous one with a CH (inspired by youtuber "KiraMitsukai" so i will mention him here)

OD > 2363214A (fully charged) > 5B > 5C > 623C > 6C > 623D > 6B > 2C > 623D > 623D > 236236B (wait a little bit while they are falling into you because if you do it too fast one of the magna tech wheel scratch hits will miss its only 8 damage but the end result will look drastically different) > 236236B > 5B > 22D = 12101 (the gadget finger at the end only works on characters with exactly 12000 health)

Sorry for the long Post :o