Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackYakuzu94

[CPEX] Hakumen Video Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo.(Updated 6/9/2015)

21 matches featuring Aruto, Camelia, Film, FT, Hikaru, Poropiccho and as a special guest: Chin!

1:15:35 - ... > J.B > J.2A > Agito > Falling 5C beating foward roll. (Couldn't combo with 2B afterward)
1:24:49 - (On block) Hotaru > IAD Cross-up was beaten by Tager's 5A.
1:25:21 - IAD J.A (block) > Delay J.A, the second J.A crossed-up.

The match is cut at 6:03, it comes back at 6:49
13:27 - Huge corner carry with a combo using Hotaru and Guren.
13:45 - Great minds think alike.
13:59 - (Corner) 3C CH > 2B > 214A > 44 > 5A > ...
The first 9 seconds are missing.
1:04:07 - Great minds think alike part 2
1:04:32 - 5A > 5B > J.B > Tsubaki > Agito, in case Tsubaki isn't enough. (5A > 5B > Shippu might be better)
1:06:37 Used the Graviton to AA Kokonoe.
1:06:46 2D'ed 22A and canceled it with Renka to get out of the corner.

1:20 - Relius attempted 3C > 214A on block. Chin punished 214A with 3C.
22:31 - Chin attempted a OD combo with 5B > J.B > Hotaru > IAD OD > J.2C, but failed. May have worked with J.C.
23:38 - OD Guren combo for +9.5k.

2:00 - Using OD to make a throw whiff and punish it with 5C CH.

I always like watching Cameila play, really lends to the idea that Hakumen benefits just from extremely smart play now

Look, even gets some mileage out of special counters of this version:

9:51 - AA IAD J.B > J.2A > hop Air throw reset.
11:17 - It's well known, but Relius can avoid Yukikaze with 236A.
19:58 - No comment.
27:54 - Parried a flying staff and approached with Guren.

55:11 - Parried 6D and punished it with Guren. (Note: I tested in training, it's only guaranteed if Guren is done as early as possible).
56:56 - Parried 236A and punished it with Guren. (Note: I tested again, it's guaranteed at 2B's range.)
The beginning of the match was cut.
1:22:29 - AA 2C CH > 623A > (Cross-under) > 5C OD > ...
1:33:53 - No comment.
The japanese dialog box disappears at the end of the first round.
Last round is cut.
1:46:13 - IAD low J.B > ODc > J.B > 5B > ... (Note: J.B > 5C is possible as well)

FT5:

[09/05/2015] Ryoto(Ragna) vs. Film(Hakumen)

The first 13 seconds are missing.

The first 20 seconds are missing.

Here are lots of matches featuring mainly Tenchi, Oka and Camelia.

Since this is a huge update (Over 40 matches), I seperated them into 2 sections: Jourdal and a-cho. For those I gave the link to the evernote to, only 6 matches were added, the ones dated 10/04(a-cho), 10/08(a-cho) and 10/21(Jourdal).

Jourdal:

A-cho:

26:16 - B+C > 6A > 6A(SMP) > 6B (2143), Kagura teched in midair after 6B.
27:00 - Kagura's 2D stand made 4C whiff.
27:51 - Kagura avoided a 2D(catch) by going into 2D stand.
29:44 - After Kagura teched a throw, Kagura attempted a 2C but was punished with a 214A.

0:53 - Noel dashed under 4C.
20:30 - Midscreen to corner Hop J.214C > J.214B OD combo.
[10/31/2015] Hikaru(Hakumen) vs. Kouya(Noel) [Notes] Central Hachionji Post Tournament Casuals [10/31/2015] Hikaru(Hakumen) vs. Ronitta(Jin) [Notes] Central Hachionji Post Tournament Casuals [10/31/2015] Hikaru(Hakumen) vs. Hitotose(Hazama) [Notes] Central Hachionji Post Tournament Casuals

Yo this fold by Tetsuwo against camelia tho lol. Something I noticed Cameila does a lot is 5D Jin's 2D when he lands, and then he cancels into Guren. I know Jin's 2D is only special cancellable, so I don't know what it can beat, but it's an interesting thing.

EDIT: I fucking hate this forum system...

Sorry for the late response, it's difficult to critize your playstyle , since all the matches are against different players and some of them didn't seem to know the match-up well.

You also missed the 214A > 41236C a few times, but it could have been a bad connection issue.

At 3:00, you tried to cut Jin's 632146C, it usually doesn't work since there is too much recovery on Haku's normal and the void won't completely protect him the wave.
As far as I know, it's only possible with a well-timed and spaced jump cancel J.2A from fullscreen away.

Against Jin, roll less on wake-up, it's especially risky against him.

You didn't punish Noel's 3C at 12:28. That move is -18, leaves her crouched and can't be cancelled. It's a free 5C.

You did wake-up throw twice (12:34, 14:02), if it was because you anticipated a throw and wanted to tech it, you could have done 4ABC. It's an option select that tech throws and barrier otherwise.

I think you jump, and in particular air dash, too much. There are several times where you could have easily been punished for a daring airdash.

Another thing I noticed, you dropped the AA 5A > 5B > J.B twice (1:20, 9:54), it requires a hjc if the opponent is too far.

5 hours ago, The_undercover_beret said:
Sorry for the late response, it's difficult to critize your playstyle , since all the matches are against different players and some of them didn't seem to know the match-up well.

You also missed the 214A > 41236C a few times, but it could have been a bad connection issue.

At 3:00, you tried to cut Jin's 632146C, it usually doesn't work since there is too much recovery on Haku's normal and the void won't completely protect him the wave.
As far as I know, it's only possible with a well-timed and spaced jump cancel J.2A from fullscreen away.

Against Jin, roll less on wake-up, it's especially risky against him.

You didn't punish Noel's 3C at 12:28. That move is -18, leaves her crouched and can't be cancelled. It's a free 5C.

You did wake-up throw twice (12:34, 14:02), if it was because you anticipated a throw and wanted to tech it, you could have done 4ABC. It's an option select that tech throws and barrier otherwise.

I think you jump, and in particular air dash, too much. There are several times where you could have easily been punished for a daring airdash.

Another thing I noticed, you dropped the AA 5A > 5B > J.B twice (1:20, 9:54), it requires a hjc if the opponent is too far.

This is awesome thank you. The 4ABC option select sounds especially great but I play on pad, that seems like it'd be really awkward to do in the heat of the moment but I'll try it. And the hjc I really have to work on, I never have the presence of mind to do them.

And 3:00 is more of a fluked spacing reaction, I know Jin's super isn't very safe to cut.

Good to know about Noels' 3C. And rolling against Jin.

How should I go about making a better video for critique? Should it be a long set with one person or a couple of matches with different people?

Edit: And wow, I never even realized I jumped that much until I looked for it. And the other day I was just telling another Hakumen "You jump too much." lol

13 hours ago, oOFrostByteOo said:

This is awesome thank you. The 4ABC option select sounds especially great but I play on pad, that seems like it'd be really awkward to do in the heat of the moment but I'll try it. And the hjc I really have to work on, I never have the presence of mind to do them.

And 3:00 is more of a fluked spacing reaction, I know Jin's super isn't very safe to cut.

Good to know about Noels' 3C. And rolling against Jin.

How should I go about making a better video for critique? Should it be a long set with one person or a couple of matches with different people?

Edit: And wow, I never even realized I jumped that much until I looked for it. And the other day I was just telling another Hakumen "You jump too much." lol

I also play on a ps4 pad, an easy way to do the OS is having "B+C" on either the L1 or R1 trigger and pressing A at the same time.

I find it easier to criticize long sets with one person, since it shows how players adapt to each other on the long run. For instance: "A didn't work last match, I am going to try B" or "He doesn't seem to know how to counter C, therefore I'll use it again next match"

Videos with different players are harder to criticize, because it lacks the contest. It's not possible to tell whether it's your first time against someone or if you know the other player very well.

It's just my 2 cents though, others may disagree.

Here's a set against another good Hakumen. Any tips would be appreciated. (Not really about the matchup but improving myself.) He'd like tips as well.

Things I already know:

1. I need to get the 3C CH IAD combo dialed in, I drop it about 80% of the time.

2. I need to calm down with throw reactions and try to do the 4ABC guard option select on wakeup.

3. I tried to jump less in this set, but I think it caused me to get beat up by pokes more than I normally would.

You getting beat up by more pokes is bound to happen.  Generally speaking, the Hakumen ditto revolves around remaining grounded because we actually have good air-to-air and anti airs against ourselves.  Staying grounded and playing the poke game might be worth trying, but I know the matchup starts to get more aggressive after players lose patience.  

You should work on your staircase combo.  You're good at confirming it but it should almost never drop, even in huge amounts of lag.  Work on 1) Whether or not you need to super jump, 2) gatlings from j.B to j.2a 3) the jump cancel from j.2a j.c. j.B

After Zantetsu(2) you should do 6a > 6b into staircase instead of 2c pretty much all the time.  A bit more corner carry, more meter gain.  You can do this off pretty much any starter except grab > Zan(2).

Don't be afraid to meaty your opponent, and if you decide to bait a counter or reversal, just slightly delay the meaty instead of waiting for your opponent to act.  Hakumen's 2A is only 7 frames, so if you time your 2a or 2b correctly it will hit them on frame 8-10ish after they wake up with 2D, and still be too quick to upback on reaction to you not doing anything.   I suggest this because there were a few times that you looked like your were baiting a counter or something from him and he got to jump away for free.  

That's all I can think of for now.