Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP 2.0] Bullet Combo Thread

Not a lot of Bullet videos are posted on nico, and even fewer hit YouTube. The only really notable western Bullet that puts out media is Wauhti, and he's been focusing on uniel for a while. Could probably link his stuff from Mechags' tourneys.

Here's a variation that works RIDICULOUSLY consistent on Platinum but doesn't seem to work on any other character.

Starter > Miquelet > 2A (whiff) 3C 236[A] 5[C] 5D 623C dash 6C jD 623B.

For damage comparison, from 6A you get around 4920 dmg with the regular variation, 5086 with the one Corbenik posted, and this does 4898, 4922 with red lock. It's really easy to do, requires little to no weird timing and works after multiple starter hits like jC 2B 5B 5C 3C miquelet.

---

Other than that, some lvl 0 heat > 2 heat combos with 50 meter for different situations.

2B 5B 5C 5D miquelet RC 5C 3C 5D > Carries almost from corner to corner with miquelet ender, 2550 dmg

2B 5B 5C 5D RC 5B 6B superjump jB jC jD > Sideswitch

This might've already been posted but a lot of japanese players are choosing to omit the j.c from the regular version in favor of the 6a 236a connection, which seemed to work on Makoto off of a 5c starter. I'm not sure how well it would work off of anything else, but I plan to lab it today. Brought the damage up a lot though.

Found a combo from 236[A] into Miquelet if it carries to the corner, H2 > H2 combo Works on Mak, Plat, seeming everyone. Can do 236[A] 3C 41236C for easier confirm, but have to delay miquelet slightly after 3C and if you do this, you can't do jC after sideswitch on Mak or Plat.

236[A] 3C 41236C 236D 6C sideswitch jCjD 623C 5C 5D 623C - 5.5k dmg

On normies like Azrael there's no timing to it, just throw out 623C and 5C asap. Against Plat and Mak 5C have to be delayed slightly. Can delay and do 5[C] for 19 more damage.

I've mainly played Xrd for some time but it seems I'm back at Blazblue. :3

It looks like omitting the j.c leads to better damage for anyone that you can't 6a, 236[a], and j.c in the same two heat combo. Take out the j.c and you can do 6a 236[a] for everyone that I've tested except for makoto on her 5d, 2b, and 5b confirms. 6a starter gives 4954. Probably going to be using this combo as my main two heat cycle in the corner, as it's the most I feel I can get without getting character specific.

Overall combo is <starter> > capture > followup > 6a (except on makoto) > 236[a] > 6c jump cancel side switch > 5d > 623c > 5d > 623b

@Nyaa as with everything I think that combo drops on Makoto if you use the 3c. Still does 5.5k if you 236[a] > capture though.

Can someone suggest three basic combos (midscreen, CH, corner) for players new to Bullet? Been thinking about picking her up but not entirely sure where to start or what's considered optimized. 

There is a combo video in here that explains her basic combos and set ups. Start with that, then start watching matches of her to see how to approach her neutral.

Midscreen will look like 2b 5b 5c 5d 623b/42136c/623c. Counter hit is going to be basically the same. Corner is a little more complicated. If you start the combo with less than two heat, you'll want <starter> 5d 42136c 5a 6b j.c j.d 623b. If you start with two heat, your basic combo will look like <starter> 42136c 236d 6c jump cancel side switch j.d 623c 5c 5d 623b. If you start with an a attack always do that into the first combo I listed (5a into 5b 5c 5d or 2a into 2b 5b 5c).

Can someone suggest three basic combos (midscreen, CH, corner) for players new to Bullet? Been thinking about picking her up but not entirely sure where to start or what's considered optimized. 

This video is p good for learning combos off your mostc common starter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CyR6lpoYmg

Hey guys, I recently got into BB and immediately picked Bullet as my main because the concept of a rushdown/grappler hybrid sounded incredibly fun. I have a question regarding this combo: [H2 -> H2] (Corner) 6A>5C>3C>41236C>236D>6A>236[A]>6C>side swap jc jD>623C>5C>5D>623B (5106 DMG)

The problem I'm having is getting the side swap after 6C. Am I missing something? Does it have some sort of special/tight timing to it or is it just me being bad? 

The timing is pretty tricky but you're jump canceling behind the opponent and then either using j.c or going straight to j.d. What helped me was just practicing that side swap and seeing if I ended up behind the opponent.

CH 6d > 236[a] > capture > 236d > 6c > jc j.c > j.d 623c > 5c > 5d > 623b

Heat level one to heat level two combo with about 5k damage. If you 180 while the 6d animation is in play you can either press a or c on the counter audio cue for the confirm. Still really hard to do and probably impractical.

Since most midscreen combos here are 623C > 623D, I have some 623B  > 22D combos doing less damage but easier:

[H2] 2B > 5B > 5C > 2C > 623B > 22D, 3C > 236[A], 5D > 623B   =3362/24 (damage/meter)
[H2] 6A > 5C > 3C > 623B > 22D, 3C > 236[A], 5D > 623B   =3848/27
[H2] 2C > 623B > 22D, 3C > 236[A], 5D, 623B   =3476/24

[H2] 2A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 623B > 22D, 3C > 5D > 623B   =3065/22

Well 22D after 623B is used if you need to squeeze out that tiny bit of damage you need to win the round. However it's her weakest way to spend heat so don't do it if it won't kill. If you have heat + meter you can do 22D > 2363214C.

Miquelet brake, well if you're good on your miquelet execution you can basically run through some fireballs but this is kind hard to do consistently. I only use break in a corner setup because you can catch people with miquelet before you need to break so I do my setup and do miquelet > break. If they get hit by the miquelet I get a 5.5k combo, if they crouch/evade the miquelet I break and is harder to punish.

Probably should move this to gameplay discussion, but the capture brake is particularly strong against Tager's projectile.

Well miquelet break is fun to do in pressure to setup 720 :P

For example : 2C(1) > miquelet > break > 720 :]

Also, I don't see what is good about miquelet break against Tager... like... wut ? You clearly can't do it on reaction and if you whiff a miquelet... well... you are kinda dead, no ? xD

I agree to that, if you miquelet tagers projectile you do mad reads / insufferable luck. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

Well 22D after 623B is used if you need to squeeze out that tiny bit of damage you need to win the round. However it's her weakest way to spend heat so don't do it if it won't kill. If you have heat + meter you can do 22D > 2363214C.

Nah not the standard 22D, I'm aware that has uses. Do you get anything out of 22[D], as in, holding D long enough that she doesn't do the final hit which throws them away?

I'm trying to hit her basic 2 heat corner combo off a 2B starter but the combo stays dropping at the end where I must use 5C > 5D > 623B. I am pressing the 5D as soon as i press 5C; Is there any reason why it drops? DO i have to charge 5C or something?