Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

I just hope that those who bought the PS3 version get the PS4 version for free or for a nice discount.

If Lab Zero can do it for Skullgirls, these guys can do it for Chaos Code.

On 1/27/2016 at 10:04 AM, TekkamanArk said:

They really should have led with that

What do you mean choas chode was ported to console in 2012 while ps4 launch on 2013. Problem was not the ps3 hardware but just trying to add a network infrastructure to technically already completed game. I was skeptical about it because i heard of no game doing such a thing. 

Not sure why people are speculating that this release is just a rehash port of the PS3 version. That doesn't make any sense. Why would they wait 2 years for the new version just to go "Hey we're releasing Chaos Code: New Age of Catastrophe but it's just normal Chaos Code without the new characters and no online". New Age of Catastrophe has Lupinus and Ray. If they pull a Blade Arcus and say no net play, this game will die quickly. That to me would be a stupid troll move and piss people off royally. But hey, least you can play with Share Play to create somewhat of an online play experience worst case scenario.

4 hours ago, Keo-bas said:

What do you mean choas chode was ported to console in 2012 while ps4 launch on 2013. Problem was not the ps3 hardware but just trying to add a network infrastructure to technically already completed game. I was skeptical about it because i heard of no game doing such a thing. 

I meant, they should have led in with the information that these new characters and online were in this new port.

30 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Well...the PS4 release as stated, as what HGhaleon said, has Ray and Lupinus in it, along with online multi, color edit and a mission mode.

I was hoping for those 2 and online, but a color edit and a mission mode? All of my yes!

Sorry, guys, tried checking as many messages as possible but so far... no release date, right? >:

PS4 version looks sweet... and NETWORK MODE! FINALLY!

Chaos Code remains an exquisite fusion of great past ideas from across the fighting game spectrum. I'm glad FDK still supports a rabid, albeit still very much niche, fan base. 

Looking forward to what NSoC v 2.1 brings (unless there are Lupinus nerfs . . .)

Not sure how I feel about the game getting another update at this point. I have my suspicion the ps4 version wont get it. (seems to be the trend) 

Isn't this another ToD game at this point? Any system mechanics changes could drastically alter its meta and make fans dislike it. (like what happen to Big Bang beat series) 

Mission mode, Color Edit, and Network mode . . . there is a god, and it loves CHAOS!!

Also, a nifty little system mechanics video:

18 minutes ago, HGhaleon said:

Game will be out in Asia and Japan on November 9th, 2016 for only $19 on PS4 PSN Store. Really nice price. Article here confirming as such. Ark System Works will be publishing it again. Game will also have an English text option.

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/chaos-code-new-sign-catastrophe-launches-november-9-japan-asia

So I guess this means it comes out next year for the US.

On 11/2/2016 at 2:17 AM, HGhaleon said:

Game will be out in Asia and Japan on November 9th, 2016 for only $19 on PS4 PSN Store. Really nice price. Article here confirming as such. Ark System Works will be publishing it again. Game will also have an English text option.

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/chaos-code-new-sign-catastrophe-launches-november-9-japan-asia

Does "Asia Version" mean "why is it in English?"
Not trying to poke fun at it but just trying to see if I need to make a Hong Kong account or something.

Like the original game, both the Asia and Japan versions should have identical text options (though I can't speak to the quality, as the PS3 version was very "Engrish")