Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

Sadly this game is already dead. Net code is pretty horrible. Everything else is great. There's also some bad bugs for online: 1) Sound cuts out and all you hear is the music at times until the next match 2) Sometimes game freezes up when a player disconnects from a match. Definitely need to address this. Also, the game itself is pretty damn blurry. Does the game run at native 480P? Seems that way. Great game for 20 bucks but need to address those online issues. Also, love to see a real PC port of this which seems like a strong possibility.

I've actually had nothing but really good connections, with players/regions that are typically pretty bad for me too. I haven't had the sound cut out but I have had some weird crashes.

Damn, wished I read this post sooner before buying the game. Didn't know online was already DOA and not even a week in. <_<

I can usually find games. You might have better luck searching for lobbies though. There might be a bug with "same country" option though, I've had a few times where someone tells me they have a lobby setup but I can't find it and I remember a few other ASW published games had similar bugs. If you're having trouble finding matches you can always hop into the discord and ask  https://discord.gg/rrC7fwf

24 minutes ago, Crimefighter said:

I can usually find games. You might have better luck searching for lobbies though. There might be a bug with "same country" option though, I've had a few times where someone tells me they have a lobby setup but I can't find it and I remember a few other ASW published games had similar bugs. If you're having trouble finding matches you can always hop into the discord and ask  discord.gg/GUBw4mv

Not really having problems with finding matches. More like the matches have some huge lag in them mostly. <_<

Oh that's weird, I'm having way better connections than I normally do with games using delay based netcode. Might be that you keep getting matched with JP players?

1 minute ago, Crimefighter said:

Oh that's weird, I'm having way better connections than I normally do with games using delay based netcode. Might be that you keep getting matched with JP players?

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I am still debating if i should buy the asian version or wait for the USA release.

I really like this game, and having it on PS4 will be really convenient.

24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I am still debating if i should buy the asian version or wait for the USA release.

I really like this game, and having it on PS4 will be really convenient.

I'm with you on that. I really want it now, but I want to support it here in the US too.

Well, guys, it took a while, but the PS4 Overseas/English release is coming, next week, 3/15/17, for $20. Not only that, but also on Steam too.

Article / Steam

Chaos Code is out now for those wanting it, i've been downloading mine since 12: ??.

6 hours ago, Crimefighter said:

steam still has a few hours before it unlocks

Steam version is up now, $20, but $18 off for launch discount with 10% off.

Where do people tend to discuss/find matches for this game the most?  The netcode is surprisingly great so far

if you're on PC there's a match finder thread on the steam forums. There's also a discord but it's kind of a mess

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Chaos_Code is updated for most characters combo-wise. A few don't have a lot of stuff, in that case you can check match videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLA0aZ2AbFbumALoBY2ZVw has replays of TRF tournaments which have a lot of strong players.

Also, a new discord started that will hopefully not explode in a mess of bot messages. The invite is here https://discord.gg/rrC7fwf

To anyone still floating around, I'm having issues doing re-jump (land then normal jump) combos

For example: 2A > 2B > 2C > 214A+C > 214C > 5B > sjc > j.A > j.C > j.D > land > j.B > j.C > j.D > double jump > j.A > j.C > j.D > j.214D

Any tips?

6 minutes ago, M19Kamikaze said:

To anyone still floating around, I'm having issues doing re-jump (land then normal jump) combos

For example: 2A > 2B > 2C > 214A+C > 214C > 5B > sjc > j.A > j.C > j.D > land > j.B > j.C > j.D > double jump > j.A > j.C > j.D > j.214D

Any tips?

In general you need to delay each air hit as much as possible before you land (for some characters they don't need to delay too much, for others they need to delay a lot) both so that the opponent doesn't get too high and so that they stay in hitstun as you fall and jump back up. You also might want to see if you can do anything to launch them slightly lower to the ground. For example see if you can delay the 5B before the sjc, it might help. If there's a video of the combo it might help you see the timing for the air combo.

This question is for steam users.

Do any of you utilize port forwarding, and if so, which ports need to be open? 

11 minutes ago, epikku attaku said:

how many differences are there between NSOC and original, in terms of combos, moves, etc. should old guides work?

It depends on the character and which older version you're talking about. Some characters are pretty similar to how they've always been, some are really different. In general I wouldn't try to learn old combo routes in the current version

22 hours ago, Crimefighter said:

It depends on the character and which older version you're talking about. Some characters are pretty similar to how they've always been, some are really different. In general I wouldn't try to learn old combo routes in the current version

i didnt know if it was just a version with netplay, or rebalance with different moves, strings, etc. Hard to find too much info on less popular games like this too

only fooled around with lupinus