Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

I still have hopes for patch... Although my hopes are dying. I still have some hope. Though, it really doesn't matter. It's been out on the store for so long without patch so I wouldn't be surprised if they try forgot about it

I too sincerely hope for an update. Perhaps it is premature to say - it feels like FKD shot their wad with this one. It is what it is and will always be that way. Kind of like a kid who showed promise but disappointed her parents by turning out differently than expected. She's not  bad girl, didn't do any thing wrong... just things didn't work out and everyone gave up on her.

I'd love to have some real confirmation from FKD on the status of this game. Are they just out of money/resources/man hours? Or are they just done with the game?

I would bet you $20 that they tried to develop netcode but realized that they were too inexperienced to know how to make it work. The game already has excessive loading times and major bugs.

I would bet you $20 that they tried to develop netcode but realized that they were too inexperienced to know how to make it work. The game already has excessive loading times and major bugs.

Netplay for this is highly unlikely, even if there was, it'll probably die the next day like BattleFantasia

Totally agree. I'm a fan of the game, warts and all. As it stands, offline or in the arcade (I'm in Japan) it's basically fine (well, broken bits aside) but the console port feels rushed and incomplete.

FKD seemed to have their hearts in the right place, got off to a good start and really made things happen but with such a small team, scale and scope eventually seemed to have caught up with them.

Whether it would have taken off or not, IMO the absence of netplay really harmed the game's potential reach to a wider audience.

Too soon for a RIP, then?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=620692618026082&set=a.118808234881192.21521.118782954883720&type=1

"(...)

Big News!
Chaos Code -New Sign of Catastrophe- is going to update in the near future!
There are two characters will join the fight.
The new power is coming soon!!

http://nesica.net/news/detail/?nid=192

(...)"

my opinion: people were seting unrealistic expectations for FK digital and then getting disappointed.

Is that yet another Decapre I see?

Glad to see they are still supporting the game, hopefully this means a NSoC port [either an update or another game file] is still in the cards.

I wonder if they'll add in SG Hikaru :v:

I thought FK had left this game for dead in favor of handheld/smartphone shovelware, glad to see they haven't given up on it. I don't expect netcode to ever be added to the PS3 version, but I really doubt they're going to hold the new characters back from consoles forever.

Wasn't there also a balance patch released after the PS3 port that never made it onto console?

Yes, New Signs of Catastrophe :v:

Also it takes time to develop resources for a fighter, and I certainly won't fault a Dev for wanting to branch out and expand their repitoire. Also I'm optimistic that this is the reason that the PS3 version was left vanilla, and ARC/Sony Asia are still publishers, so maybe they wanted to wait on using their Phone a Friend lifeline = w=

Calling it now, the fighter Arc Sys wanted to develop for the PS4 last year is going to turn out to be Chaos Code. :v:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/F-K-Digital/118782954883720?fref=nf#

「Chaos Code -New Sign of Catastrophe-」 Ver 2.0 will have a Location Test in Japan!!

There are two new characters, "Lupinus" and "Ray". They will join the fight in Ver 2.0.

(Don't they look a little bit familiar?)

More information will be released later.
Check out the Chaos Code -New Sign of Catastrophe- web site!
http://www.fkdigital.net/chaoscodenesica/

In before Lupinus and Ray are Cait and Sith from the future :v: [or maybe their parents from the past!? .o.]

(Don't they look a little bit familiar?)

They sure do: Ray is pretty much Bobobo with a stubble.

The hell is up with Ray's routes :v:

I might translate some of those change logs, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get some official translations soon.

Just couldn't keep it simple huh? :v:

Well the new changes look interesting from a glance, can't wait to see the game in action *crosses fingers so tightly that they risk breaking in hopes of a console re-release/update8

So basically; Lupinus is Spencer [MvC3] lol and not sure about Ray [Fist gauge? It built up as he got hit, just like normal meter, hmmm] but he seems to be a big hulking bruiser with a few command/strike throws, so perhaps another type of grappler.

Also noticed that Cerberus now has 3 bulets [nice!]

Also, also, not a fan of [further] smutting up Lupinus design for combat, but at least the transition of her suit makes more sense than most others.

Hmmm, stun build up seems A LOT less crazy, particularly during combos.

Celia II [and Kai?] has an angled, anti-air GETTA BEAM!!

Ok, they cut to Ray stuff, he's basically Miguel [Tekken] lolol, his gauge is used for follow ups during his stance, taking up gauge for attacks and filling on it's own after exiting the stance after a certain period. It's interesting since he can't seem to build it up beyond the maximum 1st [blue] stock, but getting hit allows him to build a 2nd [orange] stock. His lvl 3 is a counter with the start up looking like him just walking forward, but there appear to be afterimages, no super flash until hit.

Catherine has a new note trap [actually is probably old, I just don't remember lol]; in general, it seems like all of the returning characters' new tools have some nice utility.

Ray has 2 counter supers it looks like [or else his lvl 1 just has a really long delay] but his lvl one doesn't need a hit to activate, seems it sets off on its own [Ray's lvl 1 attack isn't a counter, but it has indefinite armor until the strike, so probably dangerous to throw out wildly, since he looks pretty vulnerable. Also it seems he has an evasion [probably gets beat by lows though] in his stance. He has A LOT of options from his stance, and his normals are pretty nice too [now that complex tree makes a bit more sense lol but not really lolol]

I didn't touch Kudlak, but did he always have an install super that gave him 3 guard cancel warps? o.o Ok, looking at the change logs, only new thing he got was 22+K now having an EX version.

They must be planning on releasing another standalone version for consoles, maybe on PS4. Didn't ArcSys mention some PS4 project that wasn't Xrd? At this point, I can't possibly see them giving any sort of update to the version we already have.

Any vids with the new chars? I walked past some arcade cabinets with them today, but everyone was using the same old stuff, so I might visit it again just to check them out.