Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

Downloading it as we speak. Is Cerberus a good starter character? It doesn't really matter much after practice, but I'm curious.

https://www.facebook.com/118782954883720/photos/a.118808234881192.21521.118782954883720/648405478588129/?type=1

We have an important update today!
The PlayStation®3 version of Chaos Code has synchronized with "New Sign of Catastrophe", the Arcade version.
It is a free download!
It is an "Asian Version Only" update. But the European Version and Japanese Version will be updated within the next few days.

P.S.:There are new things in this version, but we didn't change the game's logo

Wha, already? Does it have the new chars, too? Can't check it out right now.

Nah, this is based on NSoC 1.03 I believe, not 2.0, so just changes to the already included cast. But at least this means consumers will only be 1 version behind instead of the like 3 previously :v:

I like Vein's new normals, but I still need to find the best uses for them.

It's too bad there was no netplay added still, but it makes me wonder, are they just going to update this release (maybe DLC patch, I doubt they'll give away the new characters for free, but I need Lupinus in my life lol) or are we getting, maybe, hopefully a new release that is netplay enabled?

I think he means with only the PS4 version having access to netplay.

Hilarious that you would even make a suggestion like that since they can barely keep up with the PS3 port, so unless Sony Asia or ARC lend a hand, don't see this happening.

Don't mean to sound rude, just blunt. But really, updates without online play? Seriously, who even cares anymore?

Is it just insufficient resources, man hours, no money? Lack of netplay is really holding this game back. I mean, it's not as though it's ever going to be a super star and its time has more or less come and gone, just a flashy footnote in FG history... let it go out with a glorious bang and not a whimper

To be even more blunt, almost no one would use online play even if it existed, and the netcode would be sure to be subpar at best.

Even for more popular games from established franchises and well-known companies, like MvC Origins, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Virtua Fighter 5 FS and KOF 2002 UM, the online lobbies became ghost towns after the first month or two.

Hell, I even struggle to find matches for DOA5U these days, at least on the 360 version that doesn't have a free-to-play component. And that just had a new character released.

If a fighting game doesn't have a strong IRL tournament scene and streaming presence in the West, and if it isn't being headlined at EVO, few people will care about competition.

To be even more blunt, almost no one would use online play even if it existed, and the netcode would be sure to be subpar at best.

Even for more popular games from established franchises and well-known companies, like MvC Origins, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Virtua Fighter 5 FS and KOF 2002 UM, the online lobbies became ghost towns after the first month or two.

Hell, I even struggle to find matches for DOA5U these days, at least on the 360 version that doesn't have a free-to-play component. And that just had a new character released.

If a fighting game doesn't have a strong IRL tournament scene and streaming presence in the West, and if it isn't being headlined at EVO, few people will care about competition.

Perhaps you're right. I don't know. I live in Japan and of all the fighting games I play (DOA5U is not one) including BB, UNIB, AH3LM and P4U2 I never have trouble getting matches. These are still relatively new games, I know.

However, given that the object of a fighting game is to be able to "test your might" against other players and given that online, while not perfect by any means, is still the standard way most people experience this... not having online from day one is just incompetent, foolish, misguided etc.

After all, it is the casuals who pay the rent. Tournament level players are cool, fun to watch and take games to new heights. But they are few and far betwen.

At the moment there are no plans for NSoC 2.0 consumer release, as it took them quite awhile to launch the game in arcades [2.0 has only been in operation for 1 month as of today] so it may be awhile till we hear anything regarding it, but FKDigital definitely have not given up on CC or increasing their presence in the market [ARC published another of their titles earlier this month].

I bet we'll see a PS4 re-release of Chaos Code with the new characters and netplay finally added.

Yeah. I don't think anyone would buy it though. It was originally promised that netplay was going to be patched in the PS3 port and a good portion haven't got a PS4 yet. If they patch it for PS3 then make a PS4 ver with new stuff, I think people would tolerate it but if PS4 only gets netplay, the few with hope for Chaos Code netplay will not be pleased... But I do certainly agree you are probably right we will see a PS4 port down the road. Lol

Rare footage of Tenryo visiting Dustloop.

A small test of the waters. This will make or break the future. If you have a Twitter account, RT and/or respond to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/TenryoTheLight/status/557288629006270464

And, before you ask the million dollar question...
https://twitter.com/TenryoTheLight/status/556913653958848513

Let's see who here really cares, and who's just blowing smoke.

Well, I posted at least. I did really enjoy this game, so i'd like to share it with others. Even better if I can play it with them. And even better than that if we, someday, get the extra characters.

I strongly object to any official use of Twitter or Facebook to gauge interest in a potential release, especially when it's seemingly going to make or break the initiative. Some of us aren't into the whole social networking thing (for privacy reasons or otherwise) and only use forums and email, myself included.

That said, I would buy a Steam version, but only if it had netplay AND the latest arcade revision. FK has to do a lot to make up for their broken promises on the PS3 release, and the smug attitude on display here from their English community manager is most certainly not warranted.

I strongly object to any official use of Twitter or Facebook to gauge interest in a potential release, especially when it's seemingly going to make or break the initiative. Some of us aren't into the whole social networking thing (for privacy reasons or otherwise) and only use forums and email, myself included.

That said, I would buy a Steam version, but only if it had netplay AND the latest arcade revision. FK has to do a lot to make up for their broken promises on the PS3 release, and the smug attitude on display here from their English community manager is most certainly not warranted.

I do agree with this too. Rough times, bad days, or whatever you may be having going on, Tenryo, you need to handle yourself a bit better. Condescension won't help your cause. I'm not saying you should feel nothing, but, you're a guy behind a keyboard too, you're not talking to us face-to-face, or verbally at all. You don't need to voice your annoyances with the community and be passive-aggressive about your product, because that's a good way to have a lack of support for it.