Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

Agreed as well. I don't have social media accounts, nor should I be expected to. I bought the PS3 version and I want to see it updated to match the latest arcade revision and have netplay. I don't see the need to buy two copies of the same game. If I'm told I have to buy the Steam version for the possibility of an update to the PS3 version, I would strongly consider dropping my support for the game entirely.

I thoroughly apologize to everyone that was offended by my last post. It's not my intention to talk down to people that are genuinely interested in the progress of the game. I hardly show up here because there's nothing to really talk about beyond progress, plus all the constant negative misinformation that I see throughout this single thread has really gotten to me on top of many other things. I know it seemed a bit unprofessional, but cut me some slack if you can afford to, I'm human too.

And to show that I mean my apology, I'll leave a FAQ of sorts.

Some of these are pulled directly from my ask.fm (another social tool that I use on occasion)

Q1: Why PC?
A1: It is mostly due to conveniences in development (and publishing).

Q2: Is the concept for Chaos Code up on Steam Greenlight now?

A2: No, I am making these posts to gauge interest, but it will be if the interest is decent enough.

Q3: CC would at least get more exposure if it were on Steam Greenlight, I don't think you'll get an accurate representation by asking on Twitter/Ask.fm. Give it a try and see what happens?
A3: I'm not just planning to promote on Twitter. Actual promotions and announcements via videos, and other social sites will happen in due time (if it is approved). My few tweets are merely proof of concepts, if you will.

Q4: Your question (on Twitter) was hypothetical, right? So, hypothetically speaking, would a PC release for Chaos Code have any direct effect on the console releases?
A4: To be honest, the console updates would be slower than the PC due to the distribution conveniences of PC in general, but they won't outright cease.

Q5: What kind of netcode are you guys going to use? I heard you had some issues with PS3, which is understandable, but I would like netplay in general to at least work.
A5: That's something I can't go into full detail as of now, but following the permission to kick this project into overdrive, I'll have all the info you need on this subject.

Once again, I apologize for my rude behavior. I will seriously do everything in my power to make sure this is a success (if approved).
I'll answer almost any question. No visiting of other social networks is required, I'll be here more often, so please...ask away.

It takes a big man to admit you were wrong. I'm glad you can take a bit of constructive criticism. It's not like you were drowning puppies, I think we all just wanted to give some advice.

Chaos Code is a whole lot of fun. I'm not familiar with your other games, but this one is really good. I have a very VERY southern friend irl that usually hates fighters, and greatly enjoyed the game, so there's definitely something there. I love the crazy cast and fun styles myself (though I like Kagari's original deeper voice than what the full product has).

+2 respect points for you, Tenryo!

While I'm holding out for an update to the console version, I'd be in favor of a Steam release. The more platforms Chaos Code can be on, the better. And it should help with development feedback, right? I know a few people in my area that are heavy Steam gamers, so I'll promote the game to them. It will be an easy sell, I'm sure.

I'd be all for a Steam release of Chaos Code, particularly if it had [playable] netcode.  I love the game but I think the complete lack of online play has really kept a lot of people (at least in the States) from trying it- every time I bring it up, the question "does it have netcode yet" always comes up.  I've never understood how that is an automatic "no-buy" for some people but it is, sadly.

Hell, if it's released at a similar price as the console version, I'd probably gift out a few copies to my friends too.

I'd be all for a Steam release of Chaos Code, particularly if it had [playable] netcode.  I love the game but I think the complete lack of online play has really kept a lot of people (at least in the States) from trying it- every time I bring it up, the question "does it have netcode yet" always comes up.  I've never understood how that is an automatic "no-buy" for some people but it is, sadly.

Hell, if it's released at a similar price as the console version, I'd probably gift out a few copies to my friends too.

Except for trophy hunters.

Hello, everybody! My first post here. The reason I registered is to give support for Steam release of Chaos Code. Ever since I saw the videos of the game in action, I wanted to try it, but I don't have PS3 (nor any other console). And to be honest, I don't even care if it has online support or not. :)

I suppose it's too late to suggest GGPO be used?

Not at all. The suggestion stage has only just begun.

Good netcode, like GGPO, would go a long way in selling Chaos Code to existing players and the PC crowd starving for fighters with decent netcode.

Yeah I just picked this up because of the sale. This game is awesome, Cerberus is like the amalgamation of Terry bogard and Rock howard or somethin.

I wish it had online but if you have anyone to play with at all I highly recommend it, heck even if you dont its worth 3$ just for the amazing music.

This game is awesome, it's a real shame it didn't get an online mode.

I love it, just the training mode is fun. I'm sad :(

Well, that's a surprise. Still, too little, too late; and it doesn't mean a whole lot to most people these days without netplay.

Don't suppose the two new characters will ever be available on this release of the game?

Chaos Code PS3 version 1.01 update (New Sign of Catastrophe ver.1.03) is now available for download for PS3

Does this include the other 2 characters? If not, i'm really not caring too much.

The update [which came out a week ago] does not include any content or changes from NSoC 2.0 (aka when Ray and Lupinus made their debut)

FKD is clearly interested in continuing consumer support, but seeing how I have no idea how they programmed the game it is up in the air if NSoC 2.X could see a simple title/DLC update or would need repackaging. But I believe that in some form or way we'll see them eventually.

It was a balance patch, in which every one got quite a few tweaks, bringing the game only 2 versions behind the current arcade release (NSoC 2.0 and 2.01)

Is there any kind of change log? I didn't really notice any difference at all with the exception of Vein who got a bunch of new command normals.