Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

nope, Nope, NOPE!

I dunno what FKD was doing, but all SRK did was translate the changes they linked on their blog post [understandable but WRONG!] those are the changes for 1.01, this is 1.03 those changes have been in for MONTHS including all of Vein's command normal changes. The proper changes should be here [the first set of changes, when you see Hikaru you've gone down too far: of course someone still needs to translate it]

Are they ever going to actually bother to add netplay to this game? They said they were going to back before the game came out on PSN and they baited me into buying it, but I haven't heard anything about it in ages. It's a real shame because this is actually a really interesting looking game..

If I'm going to be perfectly honest: abandon hope.

I personally don't see them implementing netplay into this version of the game, even if they bothered giving us a NSoC 2.0 patch with Ray and Lupinus, the only way I see netplay coming to this game would be in a whole new release. Granted, I don't know for sure how the programming structure is setup for this game, so it could still be something they could patch in if they wanted to, but honestly, the consumer version just seems like a complete afterthought for them. FKD's entire attention is on the arcade version and that's not likely to change any time soon, I dunno if it's because they are a really small dev team or if their publishers [sony Asia and ARC] just aren't giving them the support they need but either way you should hope for the best but expect the worst.

At this point I'd much rather they get some support/help/time in on a full sequel, in HD.

I just hope that they can eventually get a more "proper" Chaos Code on console one day, because I honestly think that this game looks good. It's really frustrating that this is the reality of the situation, but I'll just have to hold that and hope the game does eventually get a sequel that get's a console port with netplay lol.

Hello again.

I've been seeing a lot of people come to these random and (mostly) negative assumptions, which is why I'm here, so let's talk. I'm here to clear a few things up.

You're all probably asking the obvious questions that falls among the lines of "Why the hell is the console version just now receiving NSC 1.03 despite 2.00+?" "Where's the netplay? You promised us netplay!" "Did you forget about Steam?"

I'll answer the first question in two parts. The main reason for this is because we were harshly off schedule due to some distribution miscommunications. To put it as bluntly as possible, this NSC 1.03 update was sent to our publisher (ArcSys) nearly 8 months ago, and was supposed to be QAed and delivered to the many Sony branches by our publisher. To be fair to them, I'm pretty sure they were swamped with working on their projects (you guys literally have 3 popular ArcSys games + UNIEL to choose from on a whim) so I can not hold that against them. Even after which they finally released it, it takes a while to be accepted by the many Sony branches around the world, which takes even more time, as they also have their own schedules.

I have seen many consistently (and relentlessly) ask for the status of the update via @ArcSystemWorksU on Twitter, as they were also confused and had no clue what Sony was doing.

Basically, you all were supposed to be playing this update ages ago. I can only apologize for the severe inconvenience, as this one was out of our hands.

Now for the second reason, I'm going to chop off my leg for and be completely honest here. Yes, arcade releases are top priority. Not just with us, but with every company that has a FG or two in the arcade market. Japanese arcades are our main bread and butter. Many companies like ArcSys, Capcom, etc. receive a majority of their earnings from arcade revenue, and that will not change anytime soon. It is the same reason why you have seen most of Arc's console/arcade releases are almost never updated simultaneously. Can't make money if no one is in the arcades spending, right? Why go to an arcade when you have the same exact version at a greater convenience?

That is half of the story, as since NESiCA gives us the option to easily distribute updates, we are able to let players run free and test everything, so when we are ready to update to consoles, whatever problems arose in the arcade versions can be dealt with accordingly. This doesn't even cover the potential porting problems we may run into, which is it's own beast.

However, it does not mean that we don't care about console/PC releases. It is not an afterthought, there are just specific complications which hinder our schedules like manpower into other projects, communications with our partners, and other things which would probably put me on a frying pan if I mention it here.

As far as netplay is concerned, I'll give you a bit of insight. Most of you may not remember me holding a small contest (right here in this very thread) to name our ranking system, but we have implemented the Chaos Point ranking system in 2.00. The fun fact about this is that it was first designed for the console versions. We are nearly complete with Network Mode and more, we just needed to find a reliable structure for it, and we've found our answer.

Do not worry, we haven't forgotten about potentially releasing Chaos Code on Steam, and we never will. This is a personal project which I have initiated, and I will see it through to the very end.

If you have any questions, please ask away. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks for playing.

My only real questions are the following:

• Are the 2 new characters going to be added to consoles at any point in time?
  • Since I have Chaos Code's Hong Kong release, assuming this is an update and not a separate purchase, what would the difference in release schedule for the version I have vs the US game be?

• Are the 2 new characters going to be added to consoles at any point in time?

Yes, because an update is going to come to the consoles. When you get the up to date version of the game, you're going to get the characters. I feel like it's pretty obvious to be honest.

Since I have Chaos Code's Hong Kong release, assuming this is an update and not a separate purchase, what would the difference in release schedule for the version I have vs the US game be?

You're going to get it first. If you've been watching the way the game updates and listened to Tenryo's explanations you can assume that updates will be (unfortunately) segmented.

And when you get your update, you'll get your characters.

Hello again.

I've been seeing a lot of people come to these random and (mostly) negative assumptions, which is why I'm here, so let's talk. I'm here to clear a few things up.

You're all probably asking the obvious questions that falls among the lines of "Why the hell is the console version just now receiving NSC 1.03 despite 2.00+?" "Where's the netplay? You promised us netplay!" "Did you forget about Steam?"

I'll answer the first question in two parts. The main reason for this is because we were harshly off schedule due to some distribution miscommunications. To put it as bluntly as possible, this NSC 1.03 update was sent to our publisher (ArcSys) nearly 8 months ago, and was supposed to be QAed and delivered to the many Sony branches by our publisher. To be fair to them, I'm pretty sure they were swamped with working on their projects (you guys literally have 3 popular ArcSys games + UNIEL to choose from on a whim) so I can not hold that against them. Even after which they finally released it, it takes a while to be accepted by the many Sony branches around the world, which takes even more time, as they also have their own schedules.

I have seen many consistently (and relentlessly) ask for the status of the update via @ArcSystemWorksU on Twitter, as they were also confused and had no clue what Sony was doing.

Basically, you all were supposed to be playing this update ages ago. I can only apologize for the severe inconvenience, as this one was out of our hands.

Now for the second reason, I'm going to chop off my leg for and be completely honest here. Yes, arcade releases are top priority. Not just with us, but with every company that has a FG or two in the arcade market. Japanese arcades are our main bread and butter. Many companies like ArcSys, Capcom, etc. receive a majority of their earnings from arcade revenue, and that will not change anytime soon. It is the same reason why you have seen most of Arc's console/arcade releases are almost never updated simultaneously. Can't make money if no one is in the arcades spending, right? Why go to an arcade when you have the same exact version at a greater convenience?

That is half of the story, as since NESiCA gives us the option to easily distribute updates, we are able to let players run free and test everything, so when we are ready to update to consoles, whatever problems arose in the arcade versions can be dealt with accordingly. This doesn't even cover the potential porting problems we may run into, which is it's own beast.

However, it does not mean that we don't care about console/PC releases. It is not an afterthought, there are just specific complications which hinder our schedules like manpower into other projects, communications with our partners, and other things which would probably put me on a frying pan if I mention it here.

As far as netplay is concerned, I'll give you a bit of insight. Most of you may not remember me holding a small contest (right here in this very thread) to name our ranking system, but we have implemented the Chaos Point ranking system in 2.00. The fun fact about this is that it was first designed for the console versions. We are nearly complete with Network Mode and more, we just needed to find a reliable structure for it, and we've found our answer.

Do not worry, we haven't forgotten about potentially releasing Chaos Code on Steam, and we never will. This is a personal project which I have initiated, and I will see it through to the very end.

If you have any questions, please ask away. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks for playing.

I love you

Many thanks Tenryo, much appreciate the update.

I can just play offline in the meantime, take all the time you need to make sure everything goes right.

ca585fb934.jpg

1fffc69fbf.png
b66ca4ebc2.png

A quick interest check for those who are....well, interested.

If you're showing up to CEO 2015, I'll be holding a Chaos Code side tournament.

Entry Fee is only $3, and there will be a $200 pot bonus if the entrants are 16+.

Rules are as follows:

• Timer will be set to 99 seconds
  • All sets will be 2 out of 3, excluding Grand Finals
  • Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5
  • Stages will be chosen at random for the first match in the set
  • Winner is character locked, but is allowed to select different special moves/bounce
  • Loser can switch characters, special moves/bounce, and stage
  • The boss versions of Celia II Kai and Kudlak are banned from play

All matches will be recorded. There will hopefully be a stream for top 4 if everything goes smoothly, but I am not sure on this. I'll edit this post if anything becomes concrete.
If you plan on showing up, or if you know anyone interested, you can let me know with a reply. You can also notify me on Twitter, if you wish. Hope to see you there!

It took quite a while, but the US now has the most current patch for the PS3 version. It's still not current to the arcade version, nor does it include the two newest characters.

At least there is hope for an update in the future.

With the PS3 in its twilight months, I'd say there isn't. An updated Steam or PS4 port is possible, but the game doesn't really have enough of a following for it to be viable.

I also feel like if it ended up on Steam, it would just be the current PS3 version without netplay and without the new characters. We've been seeing a huge number of latecomer console-to-PC ports of niche Japanese games in recent months, but so many of them have been shitty, lazy conversions, carelessly dumped onto Gabe Newell's servers in hopes of cashing in on the Steam community's notorious habit for mass impulse purchases. Even ASW has been particularly guilty of this lately.

Finally some word on a console port of Chaos Code: New Age of Catastrophe. Straight from F K Digital. Here is the full facebook post:

『Important Notice』
About F K Digital's actives and posts on SNSs,
For detail information, please check the link or blow :
http://goo.gl/7iVJTU

----------------------------------
F K Digital Clarification Notice

We of F K Digital would like to clarify on the standing of an individual, commonly referred to as “Tenryo”, who has been active in F K Digital’s English communities (including Facebook, Twitter and other SNSs) since the release of the PlayStation®3 version of Chaos Code.

While we are appreciative of Tenryo’s passion and assistance to our game, we would like to hereby clarify that Tenryo was never an F K Digital employee, nor was he appointed to be a Community Manager. All of Tenryo’s messages and posts on the internet shall not represent F K Digital in any part thereof. F K Digital’s official messages are solely made through our respective official channels.

We apologize for any confusion caused.
F K Digital

F K Digital 宣言通告

PlayStation®3版、英語版のカオス・コード発売以来、活発的に各SNSで活動し始めた「Tenryo」氏が、弊社の英語圏コミュニティマネージャーであることを名乗り始めたことに対して、弊社は一切無関係であることを宣言致します。

Tenryo氏は大変弊社のゲーム、カオス・コードに興味をお持ち頂いて、様々な場面に助言や助力を頂いたことを大変感謝しております。しかし、弊社は一度もTenryo氏をコミュニティマネージャーと任命したことがございませんので、ネット上でのTenryo氏の書き込みは弊社と無関係となりますので、ご了承くださいますようお願い申し上げます。

ユーザーの皆様に大変ご迷惑をおかけしましたことを、深くお詫び致します。
F K Digital

FKDIGITAL.NET

PvHnSQGoJdJ.pngLike   s_W8nsiibpX.pngComment   
Comments
Amanda Christensen
Amanda Christensen Yikes, there's enthusiasm, and then there's overkill. Whoever this Tenryo guy is needs to chill out and let F K Digital do their own thing.

Alfred E Persch III
Alfred E Persch III Granted, he shouldn't have posed as a worker of F K Digital, I still think there is a huge lack of communication on the future of Chaos Code. We have literally gotten zip word on whether or not Chaos Code: New Age of Catastrophe will get an update to the existing PS3 version with online play or anything of the sort. Do you plan to release the newest version possibly as a steam port? It would be nice if your company would inform of us what the future of this game holds because it seems like there is none for it.

F K Digital
F K Digital Thank you for the consent,
we are working on the porting of Chaos Code NESICA to the new platforms, and we will release more infos when we confirm the release schedule!
please keep on support us!

Alfred E Persch III
Alfred E Persch III I really appreciate some word on that. Thank you.

Donovan Lewis
Donovan Lewis What about Roy and Lupinis? Will they be arriving on the PS3 and other possibly new consoles the game may arrive.

Oh snap. And thus, Tenryo's posting career came to an abrupt and permanent end. I guess he had been holding out hope that FK would continue to be uncommunicative enough that his pathetic little chicanery wouldn't be exposed. He already deleted his Twitter BTW.

I sure am RELIEVED to know that he wasn't actually on FK's payroll. Maybe the mods can give his account here a custom title mentioning his fakery so that uninformed people reading his older posts don't get the wrong idea?

Edit: Looking at Twitter posts, seems Tenryo wrote some melodramatic "goodbye forever" message around Oct 7 before deleting his account. Lulz. Looks like he had shown up to a few tourneys before where people knew him - doubt that'll be happening again.

I don't think he was as disassociated with FK as people are making it out to be- he obviously had access to builds of the game that weren't available to the general public and while he may not have technically been employed by them, it seems to me that they were certainly utilizing him for something.

One way or another, I'd just like to see some more communication between FK and the community though, as the fb post above alludes to.  Tenryo was the only source we had regarding the plans for netplay, etc and now we have nothing.  If Tenryo was just spouting overly optimistic assumptions that he made up, I guess that doesn't really change anything but it would be nice to at least know what they have planned for the game, if anything.  If they just don't care about the console market, so be it.  At least we'll know.  Knowing how averse the majority of people are to playing offline, I'm not going to waste effort trying to get people excited for a niche fighting game that may or may not ever get netplay, as much as I may personally enjoy it.

So I've heard the "full story" behind this from a source who claims to have been in regular contact with Tenryo for a good while, and met him at a tourney once. Seems he WAS actually appointed as FK's community manager, but they completely threw him under the bus and denied all former affiliation with him when he violated his contract by letting slip some information early that he shouldn't have. His final posts on Twitter were to lament his misdeeds and to warn others to not ever do what he did. His egotistical bent was still apparent though, as he believes that he was the ONLY thing holding together the Western Chaos Code scene and that it will completely die off without him. (Let's prove him wrong.)

I have a slight twinge of sympathy for Tenryo now if this is all true, since it would mean FK are now liars, but you don't fucking go against the terms of the contract that you signed off on, unless it's some illegal gangland crap. I'm sure FK could have found a more trustworthy figure to handle communication with their fanbase in the West who wasn't so prone to ego-tripping, though it's too late now and the damage has been done. Hopefully they're capable of moving on from this and getting the game out on current platforms with netplay, even though there's no way it's going to happen before 2016 now.