Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellmonkey

[CT+CS1] Noel Match Videos & Discussion

Just recently made an account here, But I've been around scanning this site for information plenty of times. Here are just two videos of me using noel playing a Rachel and in another video a Tager. Any words to help me improve would be greatly appreciated. Also, I know many probably wont like the music, but its what I was listening to when I won the matches so I kept them in there. Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9trNtgvLHog&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYTT9FZWvU&feature=channel

I was disappointed when you landed that 5d CH on Tager and followed up with 6a. Follow up with 5d 6c 214a BnB.

When you have meter, RC that 3C during mixups.

Maximize damage with 6c loops into drive juggle. You go for 6C air bnb way too much when you could be tacking on way more damage with drive juggles.

i like stopping at 2B because it lets me keep pressure while low poking to hitconfirm into 5B 5C 2C > Mixup and when people try to attack after, 5B 5C for the CH into a 4.5k combo. its also not very predictable, its fast as well, causes people to panic since they get poked. 5A x# > 2B is gud. :)

Neo, I find that in the corner it's better to delay your 6C's after the 22C rather than do it ASAP. They don't move forward far enough for the 22C to pick them up, but if you delay it, they get hit with the base of the shot (as opposed to the tip). Granted I normally only do the standard 4 rep version that works on 90% of the cast.

Carl and Nu. basically, Tager, Rachel, Litchi and Jin have special loops which are worth knowing because they do about 50%, Bang has a special loop in the corner, but I don't know what it is unfortunately, Kune's is not worth knowing about cause he's never on the ground. Ragna's works off of a CH 5C, which for less effort, you get 5D 6C 214A 2B 6C jc jC 236C combo for about the same damage.

I'm not sure if you can learn much of anything from this video, but I uploaded a Noel vs Arakune fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxJpvxLQMg

I don't understand half the things that Noel did.

All that 22bbbbbb-ing after scoring a knockdown was lolz.

And at the end he landed a 28d with 100% meter against an already bursted opponent and let it drop to run in with another 2d. :lol:

It's not the fact than you CAN or CAN'T win with Drive spam... But I think (as I read here) than you can be punished HARD against really good players if you Drive spam...

Just some more matches. like i said before, criticism is welcomed... im working on not doing 3c after every 2c but right now its just a habit. going into her BnB from a 3c is still challenging for me to do online because of lag. thats why i prefer to go for air combos. Also... i watched that dvd a lot, the moves are just hard :I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMlhtqPfTQ&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FToX3aZwlGc&feature=channel

Dog, if you block Ragna's Hells Fang's 2nd hit, just do CH 5C 5D 6C 214A 2B 6C jc JC 236C. It does about 45% to him compared to CH 5D 6C 214A 2B 6C jc JC 236C which does about 35% because the proation on 5D is worse than 5C. You can also get the counter hit 5C on his Infernal Dividers. Another Anti-Ragna thing is COUNTER ASSAULT. I've noticed a lot of the time, Ragna will get you in a corner and will pressure you, do his 5D, dash back in and start pressuring again. If you CA just before he does 5D, (Or heck, I've done it AT the first hit of 5D before) You can get behind him and 3C his whiffed 5D. Haven't really tested it, but you can probably get a 6C counter hit if you do it at his 5D, which will combo into 5D 6C 214A etc etc.

Dog, if you block Ragna's Hells Fang's 2nd hit, just do CH 5C 5D 6C 214A 2B 6C jc JC 236C. It does about 45% to him compared to CH 5D 6C 214A 2B 6C jc JC 236C which does about 35% because the proation on 5D is worse than 5C. You can also get the counter hit 5C on his Infernal Dividers.

Another Anti-Ragna thing is COUNTER ASSAULT. I've noticed a lot of the time, Ragna will get you in a corner and will pressure you, do his 5D, dash back in and start pressuring again. If you CA just before he does 5D, (Or heck, I've done it AT the first hit of 5D before) You can get behind him and 3C his whiffed 5D. Haven't really tested it, but you can probably get a 6C counter hit if you do it at his 5D, which will combo into 5D 6C 214A etc etc.

Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely gonna work on what you said. i never really knew how to take advantage of ragna after that 2nd hit he does so thanks for that. I've never done a CA before though... something with pressing 6AB at the same time i think. im gonna be practicing a lot this weekend it seems.

Why thank you.

Don't worry about it; this is Dustloop, where elitists gather. Come for the information; leave before you actually talk to anybody.

EDIT: How interesting that this post, which was the first on the next page, is now the last on this page. How also interesting that mooyang90's post is nowhere to be found.