Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellmonkey

[CT+CS1] Noel Match Videos & Discussion

If you can do the full combo and want oki, just do j.C(2 hits) and drive install a bloom trigger?

Oh Mizzet, just wait until I get CS. I will find every possible thing about Noel... I will not lose to you!

Calling it now, I'll invent something new by 7/28.

Hmmm, didn't Mizzet say he's gonna be coming to Cali next year? If so, I'll be looking to get some games with you. You know a lot more about Noel than I do, so I need some kind of Noel sensei lol.

After taking a break from this Evo, I'm making a run at Evo top 8 next year for BB (best chance for me to do it before real-life takes over gaming). Hahda-core training training starts next week hopefully.

If you can do them, why not? They're not exactly very easy though, especially the last bit, it's like 6d (wait) 4d (wait longer) 5c and so on, you're always on the knife edge of proration and spacing with regards to dropping the combo, plus j.236c ender means you lose oki. Still, if your execution is that good go ahead, you deserve that 5k.

Personally I'm sticking to braindead easy 4.2k from CH 5d. Lot's of corner push with the option to end with Fenrir if they're in the corner after 236d for 5k.

Combo execution is the only thing im good at XD

im probably gonna need to learn that so i can capitalize the rare moments when i'll manage to get a hit in and react in time to it =x

also i thought i heard some mentioning of how her oki is utter crap and its better to go for max damage every time, so i was assuming that was a rule of thumb or something

I've noticed from most Noel vids, in order to get moderate damage and to get in i see people drive > 214 A > Whatever Combo and repeat when they have the chance. Is this the best way noel can get in now?

Hmmm, didn't Mizzet say he's gonna be coming to Cali next year? If so, I'll be looking to get some games with you. You know a lot more about Noel than I do, so I need some kind of Noel sensei lol.

After taking a break from this Evo, I'm making a run at Evo top 8 next year for BB (best chance for me to do it before real-life takes over gaming). Hahda-core training training starts next week hopefully.

Ah you'll have to beat me first buddy. ;)

Realistically speaking though, if you seriously want Top 8 then you're not going to play Noel.

Honestly, what could they possibly do in the balance patch to make Noel a better character? If you really want to place anywhere near Top 8 you'll pretty much have to pick up a strong character with no terrible matchups that either won't be nerfed or won't be hit as hard as Bang and Litchi will probably be.

Right now I'm seriously considering Arakune or Mu. I'll always play Noel though, but probably not when I really want to win, lol.

Oh and I'll be coming over to Cali at least once to practice with you guys. Maybe I'll even get to practice when I study abroad in Japan~ (weeaboo)

If you can do the full combo and want oki, just do j.C(2 hits) and drive install a bloom trigger?

Hm, just by eyeballing it I get the feeling it won't combo, not enough hitstun on Noel's j.c. If you really want to use that combo and get some semblence of oki, you could drive install into a 623d. Because of proration though, they won't be stunned all the way till they fall, but they'll air tech in your face and the momentum is still in your favour.

I've noticed from most Noel vids, in order to get moderate damage and to get in i see people drive > 214 A > Whatever Combo and repeat when they have the chance. Is this the best way noel can get in now?

Her BnB's all involve something like that, most of the time. There are other combos that do like, 5-10% more damage, but most of the time drive>214a>drive ender is your go to combo if you want reliability. It's the 'best' way you can capitalize on damage, but not a good way to get in, 5d'ing into someone who's going to be blocking isn't safe. If you want to get in you have to know your spacing and footsie game reasonably well, and make use of your normals instead of drive.

Edit: I've been thinking actually, since the 2d reset works by hitting before the opponent is able to stand up, wouldn't that make it an unblockable if 2d still hit overhead like in CT? Because if it's done properly, you can't block it high even if you want to, there's no time to stand up before it hits again. Haha pity 2d isn't an overhead anymore, that would have been amusing.

I'm still not sure how that works, I was under the impression that you could stand block on the first available frame but apparently I was wrong.

It strikes me as kind of odd too, but oh well I won't question it as long as it keeps working haha. Is there any data for the number of frames required to go from crouching to standing?

In theory, if you set the training dummy to default stand, then it will try to stand on the first frame. Much like how setting it to crouch causes it to crouch on the first frame so you can't 214a reset. So if you were able to stand up in time, then two things might happen.

1) Stands up in time to prevent 2d from hopping over, no crossup.

2) 2d hops over first, but you can stand up in the window after 2d has crossed your hitbox and before it hits you. In this case, even if the guy got hit 'cause he blocked wrong, it'll be a 2d standing hit and you can't do any further crossup shenanigans.

In practice, the CPU wasn't able to stand up at all. I wonder if, conversely, there are frames required to go from standing to crouching, and you could set up a situation where your opponent cannot duck in time to avoid 214a. Shouldn't be hard to test, set CPU to crouch, drive install 236d(1) to force standing, RC into whatever.

Have you manually tried to stand up during it? Or had someone else try?

Yup, apart from the CPU, I tried recording it and playing it back and tried to tech and stand up myself, wasn't able to.

Thanks Mizzet. I have another quick, possibly very noobish question, but how do you do 22bc? do you press 22b then 22c or when you press 22b you mash the c button. When i do it the first way (22b 22c) the combo black beats / blue beats / whatever but the 22c is able to come out, when i do 22b mash c it never works. Please help

Basically, you input 22b, then quickly afterward press c, while the game still 'remembers' the 22 you inputted before - so pressing that c will cause a 22c to come out. It's a quick way to get the 22c out without doing a whole new 22 motion. It's sort of like 2-2-b-c, you want to piano across the b and c keys one after another with your middle and fourth finger, assuming you're using Type B.

Also a bit of extra stuff, but for triple inputs like 22b or 22c, I find it easier to input 2-2b or 2-2c instead of 2-2-b or 2-2-c. Basically it's 2 inputs instead of 3, a little easier to process mentally and lesser chance of getting flustered and dropping the input. Might make your life easier.

ah thanks, i'll see if it works next time i play, appreciate the help.

Edit: wow thanks came out well, and the extra advice really helped.

My face when unlimited Noel still isn't better than normal Litchi and Bang -> :psyduck:

That said, I can't beat score attack Hazama so I don't have access to U.Noel. For those of you trying, there's a good way to beat U.Hakumen, he likes to iad in without barrier, just dash 6c him into 5d 623d, 66c j.d into drive ender, get distance and wait for the next iad and repeat. It will save you a lot of grief, letting U.Hakumen into melee range is the literal meaning of rape.

Hey fellow Noel Players. I'm new to Dustloop but I've been a Noel player for awhile. As far as videos go I have my own youtube page where I upload my matches, quality is ok, considering my capture card was only $5 I am happy with it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyLunaKage

My SRK Friend, LunaKage. Nice to See You.

-------------------------------------------

My Fourth Attempt of CS Score Attack Mode will be on console. And Posted on Youtube. To show you how I do it with Noel.

The Unlimiited Characters are not a problem but Mu-12. I'm Curious.

3.6k? Or did he just stop because he got bored?

That loop was in the red beat video, in that he went up to like 9-10k before he ended it with super.

Yeah I saw that that's why I was wondering whether or not he stopped on purpose.

And I thought the one in the Red Beat video started from a 22c on rolling opponent? Maybe that was a different combo.

I'll leave this here.

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on here?

I can very clearly hear Noel's Drive, and whenever I hear it, Noel shifts forward half a step. Is she canceling the startup of her 5D or 6D into 22C ? Or is this unlimited Noel?

I just want to know what this mechanic is. I do believe I read 22NDC on there... but that doesn't really describe to me what is actually going on. (plus, I can't read them Japanese comments...)

EDIT:

Look at the difference between Red Beat and this. Here's the link that fast forwards to the 9k 150% heat combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb38Z2g2f48#t=7m50s

1. The combo in the new video uses only 50% heat. Granted, its a fatal counter in the corner, but still, that makes that combo slightly more usable.

2. Noel dashes back in for the 22C in Red Beat. In the video, she uses some sort of 5D cancel to control her spacing.

This doesn't look like anything OMFG awesome, just that Noel's D attacks can be kara-canceled. But Noel has weak specials... I can't see this being too useful for anything other than Haida looping... and it doesn't seem to move Noel forward enough to make a difference in mid-screen Haida loops.

On the other hand... 22B 22 5D BBC dash 22 5D BBC could net more damage??

On the other hand, if (raw) 5D can be kara-canceled... can we kara-cancel (Drive) 5D into a throw??? Throw-whiff would make Noel's Drive SOOOO much safer, and open up a hell of a lot more combos. Someone needs to investigate this :-p

(Of course, I'm pulling things out of my ass, but someone test it. I don't have BB:CS yet)